Seesaw rework (mostly fixed Patch 21)

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Forum rules: https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1069
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 2 Sep 2019, 4:35

In this topic I won't focus that much on differences between SMM2 and SMBX's seesaw. I will rather focus on explaining how the seesaw works in SMM2.

1.) Hitboxes
If something is stood on the blue zone, the platform won't bow:
Spoiler
Spoiler

This is true for all sizes.
If any part of the NPC/player is stand out of the blue zone, the platform will start bowing.

2.) Weight
In SMM2, any object (even a single coin) stand out of the "blue zone" will make the platform bows until it reaches its maximum degree:
Spoiler

In SMBX however, this doesn't happen.
Spoiler

It is ok that in SMBX the platform bows slower if the npc is near to the midpoint, what should be fixed is that it shoudln't stop bowing it there.

3.) Leaving the platform
When the platform was inclinated and object that was on top of it is no longer there, it will try to recover to its original state slowly:
Spoiler

4.) Things that only happens in SMBX
a. The platform is to "bouncy" in SMBX 1.4.5. In SMM2, the only time when the platform really bounces is when it reaches it's maximum angle with certain speed.
Spoiler
Image]

b. In SMM2 you can't slide on the platform:
Spoiler

I suggest removing the ability of sliding in the platform in smbx as well. Sometimes, some jumps feels odd when you just want to duck and jump, because the player starts sliding. Probably it is worth leaving a flag to enable or disable the ability to slide, but if you do so, please leave it disabled by default.

c. I suggest limiting the size of the platform to 300% (15 blocks in total). Why? because in SMM2 this is the biggest you can make the platform too, and I noticed that if you make this platform bigger, it starts feeling much less smoother and becomes more buggy when bows. I also don't think anyone really needs a 20-block length platform.

d. NPCs that are stacked on top of others won't accumulate weight:
Spoiler

This is not as important as the other points, but it should be fixed.

e. The platform still pushes out the player in the edges (much less than before, but it's still a problem):

Spoiler
(Here I pressed "right" key but for some reason it pushed me back when I started to move)

I didn't press anything here:

f. You should be able to stop keep the platform at certain angle by doing this (it's also a good way to check if physics are right):
Spoiler
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

NESTED ERNEST M
Duke
Duke
NESTED ERNEST M
Duke
Duke
Website

Post #2by NESTED ERNEST » 3 Sep 2019, 3:31

Can you play SMM on your pc?
Programming NPCs in SMBX-38A is fun:

ROCKMAN GIF IN SMBX 38A

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 3 Sep 2019, 5:58

NESTED ERNEST wrote:Can you play SMM on your pc?
Nope. All of this was recorded on my NS, I recorded and uploaded every clip, and then I converted it into gifs
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Return to “Bug reports”