Shell powerup of Peach and Toad (More information)

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Ivan014679
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Ivan014679
Nice citizen

Post #1by Ivan014679 » 12 Aug 2019, 4:20

I have seen that my previous post was not a bug for the developer. So I will show through two gifs more what happens to Peach and Toad when they use the powerup shell and they don't behave like Mario and Luigi do. (I've tested again to Link and it works well).
Attachments
Honeycam 2019-08-11 20-18-41.gif
Honeycam 2019-08-11 20-16-19.gif

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #2by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 12 Aug 2019, 5:44

Do you even know how shells work in SMB2? They don't change direction when hitting a wall.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Ivan014679
Nice citizen
Ivan014679
Nice citizen

Post #3by Ivan014679 » 12 Aug 2019, 6:03

The shell isn't a powerup in SMB2. Besides, in the gifs you see the annoying thing about breaking blocks for toad and peach with shell's powerup, not to mention the fact that they cross the floors and get bugged.

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #4by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 12 Aug 2019, 17:45

Ivan014679 wrote:The shell isn't a powerup in SMB2. Besides, in the gifs you see the annoying thing about breaking blocks for toad and peach with shell's powerup, not to mention the fact that they cross the floors and get bugged.
I meant shells as in the item. I know there's no shell power up in SMB2. There IS a shell item though, and it disappears when it hits a wall.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Ivan014679
Nice citizen
Ivan014679
Nice citizen

Post #5by Ivan014679 » 13 Aug 2019, 4:10

EXEcutor-The-Bat wrote:
Ivan014679 wrote:The shell isn't a powerup in SMB2. Besides, in the gifs you see the annoying thing about breaking blocks for toad and peach with shell's powerup, not to mention the fact that they cross the floors and get bugged.
I meant shells as in the item. I know there's no shell power up in SMB2. There IS a shell item though, and it disappears when it hits a wall.
So, you mean the developer did it for peach and toad intentionally, based on what you say about SMB2? Ok, so, I think, they should behave at least like Link. He breaks the blocks continuously and doesn't have that bug problem.

Ivan014679
Nice citizen
Ivan014679
Nice citizen

Post #6by Ivan014679 » 19 Aug 2019, 8:55

Ok, I don't understand why it isn't a bug... Peach and Toad don't break the blocks continuosly and, if they re-enter their shell to break the blocks for the second time as it is in the gif, they cross the ground and it is impossible to get them out of there.

Return to “Bug reports”