NPCs Inaccuracies & Bugs P15 (Fixed Patch 16)

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 3 Aug 2019, 10:54

1.) Missing effect
If you spin jump an enemy that has multiple hitpoints and the spin jump decreases the health of the NPC, it misses the effect-75 (this didn't happen in SMBX 1.4.4)

Spoiler

NPC properties:

Code: Select all

shoehurt=0
health=5
jumpdmg=1

Level (if needed):
missing-effect.zip
(773 Bytes) Downloaded 3 times

2) Ice Block
a. When it's thrown by the player (side or up), it should show the same effect as when you kick it (effect-132 and effect-133)
Spoiler

b. When it crashes into a wall (or floor), it misses the effect-75:
Spoiler
SMBX 1.3:

c. When you kick it, it misses the sound effect "shell kick".

d. When the block crashed with the floor (if it was thrown to up), it misses the sound effect "block-hit".
Spoiler

e. It's "death" effect is pretty lazy. It should match with the code of the effect-1 (the trajectory of the particles doesn't respect their position and messes with the other particles, it's trajectory it's also pretty weak. In a nutshell, please make it match with the code of the effect-1 or any other bricks, they are much better)

3.) Thwomp Shake
The Thwomp shakes too aggresively the screen, being sometimes a bit annoying. I suggest making it's shake softer, something like this:
Spoiler

4.) Grinder
a. If you hit it with a hammer (any), it will show the effect-75. Please make these NPCs completely inmune to hammers

b. You can kill it being in starman status, being an statue (and having enough momentum of course) and/or being in mega form. This will cause the saw completely disappear when it shouldn't.

c. You can "hurt" it with a veggie, holding various any NPC (e.g a shell, a bomb, a goomba, etc.) or bomb explosion. What happens is that if you hit the grinder/Sumo Bro's fire with any of these, you can hear the sound effect "Birdo-Hit". Please remove it.

5.) Angry sun
Angry Sun doesn't move unless the player is in a position around the half of the screen. In SMB3/SMM2, it moves independently the position of the player, so please make the Angry Sun do this as well. (It sometimes feels like he got struck in the corner of the screen for no reason...)

6.) Swinging Claw
a. It doesn't check if the player unpressed and pressed "spin jump" key when it got catched, what causes things like this:
Spoiler

b. You should be able to detach yourself by pressing "jump" key too, not only "spin jump".

c. You gain too much momentum too fast. I suggest reducing by half the momentum you gain. (I took as reference the 4-chain length to find optimal physics)

d. Please remove the effect-75 when the player got grabbed.

e. Instead of showing "Chain Length" in pixels, I'd suggest showing the number of chains.

(I will post a more detailed posts about new NPCs physics and inaccurancies and how to fix them, but for now, please fix these errors.)

7.) Lifting Platform
a. It expels out the player in the edges
Spoiler

b. When it's completely still, the player still moves a bit.
Spoiler

c. When you hold a NPC, it's position is affected by the platform:
Spoiler

8.) Sumo Bro
Please make it's speed while walking 0.8 and -0.8 respectively. (My bad, I suggested the wrong values.)

9.) Rinkas
a. You can kill Rinkas when they are spawning
Spoiler

b. Please set the Rinkas' speed to 3, so they match SMBX 1.3 speed

10.) Dragon Coin & Rinka Spawner
Please set their framestyle to "SMB - Loop" to match with SMBX 1.3.

11.) Wrong sound effects
a. When you kill NPCs 125 (Tinsuit), 126. 127 and 128 (Bots & Bit) with a fireball or with the tail of the leaf/tanooki suit, they miss the sound effect "Zelda Kill"

b. When you kill any of the NPCs mentioned above with the tail of leaf/tanooki suit, please also remove the effect-73

c. When you insert a Key in the Keypad, please remove the sound effect "Smash"

d. When you kill a Rinka/Zoomer with a fireball, please remove the sound effect "Zelda Kill" and keep only "SM Killed"
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Return to “Bug reports”