15 Problems & Suggestions with NPCs (Fixed Patch 14)

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 21 Jul 2019, 12:45

1. Volcano Lotus
Its frame speed should be faster when it's about to drop its fireballs:
Spoiler

b. You can't swallow a Volcano Lotus with Yoshi (in SMBX 1.4.4 and SMW you can)

c. When you hit a block with a Volcano Lotus on top, you should be able to kill it (this was already in SMBX 1.4.4, I wonder why this interaction was changed). Don't forget adding the effect-10 when killed!
Spoiler

d. This is just a suggestion, I noticed that in SMW when a Volcano Lotus it's loaded by first time, it inmediately starts blinking getting ready to drop his fireballs:
Spoiler

I suggest doing this in SMBX too, so that it would be more dangerous.

2. The following NPCs doesn't have their death effect correctly calibrated (should be calibrated to the mid-point of the npc): npc-203, npc-204, npc-205 and npc-210. (All of them have the same death effect)

3. When you kill a Rinka with a fireball, it produces the sound effect "Kick" instead of "SM Killed" as it should.

4. When you kill a Zoomer with a fireball, it should produce the sound effect "SM Killed".

5. The orange springboard animations when a NPC bounces in are wrong. They should be updated the same way as player's animations (depending the position of the NPC relative to the springboard).

6. When a bullet bill (generated from Billy Gun) collides with a slope, it doesn't die:
Spoiler

7. The invincibility frames of the Mother Brain ("piercing damage") doesn't match his animation:
Spoiler

P.S: In SMBX 1.3 the animations of Mother Brain are slightly different, when it receives damage, the gray sprites come out for a brief moment but in SMBX 1.4 they last too long, giving a slightly uncomfortable feeling of blinking. Could this be fixed to make it look more like SMBX 1.3?
Spoiler

8. When key is inserted into the keypad (npc-255) it doesn't play the sound effect "Zelda Kill", nor does show the effect-63. Here's how it should look:
Spoiler

9. Can you please remove the sound effect "Fireball" when a piranha plant (SMW jumping piranha plant, or a configured one through advanced settings) throws fireballs? It doesn't play originally in SMW, and it also gives a weird feeling.

10. When you pick a stopwatch (SMB2) npc-240, it shouldn't produce the sound effect "Shell Kick", only "Switch".

11. When you pick the green stopwatch (SMB3) npc-248, it should produce the sound effect "Got Item" instead of "Shell Kick". But if you got it through the item box (I mean while it was being dropped), it shouldn't produce the sound effect "Shell Kick", only "Switch".

12. Angry sun takes TOO MUCH time to start spinning again after he made up his attack. Can you please set by default his "Stay delay" to 65 frames? I know there's customizable "Stay Delay", but it doesn't mean Angry Sun shouldn't be fixed.

13. Can you please make it that when you're grabbing a wearable shell/spiny shell and press down key, you wear it? (like in Super Mario Maker)

14. Sumo Bro
a. I made a mistake in the previous bug report (thanks Enjl for correcting me), his speed when walking and when falling is the same (but he shuffle to align with the block, though this is not necessary in SMBX). Please set it's walking speed to 3.6 and -3.6 respectively, and if you do this, please make him walk the same distance (increase his x speed while keeping his distance around the same).

b. Please increase it's frame speed when walking to make it look more like SMW.

c. Actually there is an odd delay where the Sumo Bro does nothing. I suggest making the animations where he lifts his leg much slower (like in SMW):
SMW:
Spoiler

SMBX 1.4:
Spoiler

d. The fire only should hurt the player if its height is >= 32

e. When a NPC dies because of the fire, it misses the sound effect "Shell Kick". It also misses the effect-75 which is commonly used to indicate damage.
Spoiler

15. When you're playing in 2 player mode and the time is stopped, if one of the player dies the time will return back to the normality. This is fine if the game mode was 1-player only, but with 2-players it isn't.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Return to “Bug reports”