List of major glitches in SMBX 38A 1.4.4 patch 2

Description: Report bugs and ask questions regarding SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

Greendan M
Topic author, Count
Count
Greendan M
Topic author, Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #1by Greendan » 4 Sep 2017, 20:15

So these are some major glitches that I've encountered so far, that were not repored before, I suppose. And I am really looking forward to seeing them fixed in the next patch or version. They can ruin the whole gameplay/level editing experinece if they remain unfixed. :(

1. Switching between World and Level Editor a few times, will cause Subscript out of range error to appear, after opening any kind of level.

2. After typing a lot of symbols like (@#$%^&*) in the message box of the events, switch between other events repeatedly and most of the symbols you have put before, will disappear (even though they are supported). Put them again and repeat the process. After a few times, a subscript out of range error will appear.

3. If an egg hatches in a moving layer, it will glitch out and teleport in a random direction, or fall under the layer. It works with both baby and normal Yoshis.
    Gif
    http://
    aaaa2.gif

4. Toggle Layer in the World Editor doesn't seem to work at all, just like the Show Layer

5. When you make a new event and make it auto start, any event currently triggered by the Level-Start event, will not be triggrered anymore.

6. If you turn into a boat in the ship route, you can't go to a new dock if the path to it is not unlocked in the smb3 style world map.
    Gif
    aaaa.gif

7. When you save while using the level editor, the custom graphics will turn into their default ones, until you click on any tile on the tileset tabs.

8. When you change the size of a certain object, sometimes you won't be able to place/use it after that, until you oversave the level.

9. Sometimes a npc can be unloaded if it gets offscreen many times and it also disappears, when it should be loaded. This is very common glitch and that's really problematic. It definitely has to be fixed.

10. If you freeze a npc and throw it upwards, it can instantly kill you if it falls on you like you were smashed by a regular block, but it should not harm you at all and act as a hollow block. It also can't harm any npcs that touches if thrown this way.
Last edited by Greendan on 7 Mar 2018, 23:45, edited 2 times in total.
Current Project:

Favourite Catchphrase:
You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

NightlyThomas456 M
Duke
Duke
NightlyThomas456 M
Duke
Duke

Post #2by NightlyThomas456 » 4 Sep 2017, 23:57

Woah, seems like you've found a whole lot of glitches/bugs through the game/editor.

Also I'm going to tell all my opinions about all the bugs you've found.

1.: This damn stupid glitch has also happen to me too. Because of it I must restart my SMBX every time that happen.

2.: Wow, I didn't know sometime using these symbols could disappear just like that...

3.: Yeah, it could be annoying when you throw the egg to an up/down moving platform and that it glitches like that. You could lose the Yoshi/Item/etc. immediatly.

4.: That could be a problem when you're making a cutscene using Toggles. Hope that could be fixed because if never I want to make a cutscene for my projects.

5.: That could be yet again a problem for some other episode that use a layer/event on Auto-Start, even yours and mines.

6.: Wow that could be also a problem when you're using SMB3 Map style, and that you're using the boat and that can't go back to normal path.

7.: That also happen to me sometimes. I had to click another tab to make them working right.

8.: That also happen to me every time I change the size of an BGO/NPC/etc. I have to reload them EVERY TIME I resize ab random object!!

9.: Woah, that never happen to me! This could be a REAL problem for some npcs. Hope that will be fixed.

10.: Oh really ? It never happen to me every time I do that. And I agree when you try to attack an enemy using that method, it never hurts the enemy, which is so annoying and DEFINITELY needs to be fixed.

So here's all my opinions about them, I REALLY hope they will fixed especially the problems #1, #5, #7, #8, and #9 !!

WOW that's largest post I ever done!!

ELY_M M
Good citizen
Good citizen
ELY_M M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #3by ELY_M » 19 Sep 2017, 14:35

the water glitch is considered major glitch too.
it will crash editor.
I have posted with my level with water in it and will crash your smbx in this thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2035

Love Bodhi
Duke
Duke
Love Bodhi
Duke
Duke
Website

Post #4by Love Bodhi » 19 Sep 2017, 15:18

Game Engine has a Random Runtime Error 9 Crash,too.
(Sorry for my bad English.I'm Chinese)

Check out my SMBX Project: Mario in Wonderland 2
Join My MiW2 Discord Server!

花仙魔法使者,变身!
迎春花的精灵啊,听从我的召唤,将一切爱心、美丽、智慧的能量汇集,让光明重振起来,迎接好运的到来吧,魔法凝结!

Greendan M
Topic author, Count
Count
Greendan M
Topic author, Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #5by Greendan » 19 Sep 2017, 20:33

ELY_M wrote:the water glitch is considered major glitch too.
it will crash editor.
I have posted with my level with water in it and will crash your smbx in this thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2035
Yeah, I know that. I didn't add it in my list because it has been reported before. I've tried to find ones that were not mentioned or reported before.
Current Project:

Favourite Catchphrase:
You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

Return to “Troubleshooting”