Help with World Maps

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Alvespires M
Topic author, Count
Count
Alvespires M
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #1by Alvespires » 16 Jun 2017, 19:24

I'm *slowy* doing my episode.However,I'm not sure about somethings.And don't spect I to create *another* post on "Projects" forum.That's not happening.I just need to know somethings about the World Map that I don't know what they do.If someone can help me,that would be great.

1.The Level movement.I'm not even close to know how to use that.It...Seems Great to some of my worlds but i can't use it.

2.How does the Hammer,Warp Whistle and Anchor do?No,I know what they do from SMB3.Just...How they exactly work on SMBX?And how can the player use they?

3.Other areas Ship route is the player walking on ship on water like on SMB3?And what SetView Port do?

4.World Map SettingsWhat Forced Player do?

Well,that's it.I hope someone can really explain something so I can make better world maps in overall.
"This giant fish is a mouth breeder, so it spits babies out of its mouth at Mario." - Nintendo Power Strategy Guide for Super Mario Bros. 3

I didn't left this forum. I still come here every in a while but I don't really have anything to say.

I think I also probably lost it.

I'm supporting:

Spoiler

Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis
Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #2by Coolio__ » 17 Jun 2017, 1:51

Alvespires wrote:I'm *slowy* doing my episode.However,I'm not sure about somethings.And don't spect I to create *another* post on "Projects" forum.That's not happening.I just need to know somethings about the World Map that I don't know what they do.If someone can help me,that would be great.

1.The Level movement.I'm not even close to know how to use that.It...Seems Great to some of my worlds but i can't use it.

2.How does the Hammer,Warp Whistle and Anchor do?No,I know what they do from SMB3.Just...How they exactly work on SMBX?And how can the player use they?

3.Other areas Ship route is the player walking on ship on water like on SMB3?And what SetView Port do?

4.World Map SettingsWhat Forced Player do?

Well,that's it.I hope someone can really explain something so I can make better world maps in overall.
1. I don't quite understand this either, but someone else might...

2. After checking item-triggered events, you can select an event to take place if the item is used in that area. Like breaking a rock in the way or something like that. When using the Warp whistle, set the X and Y coords of where you want the player to be taken to in the Others section of the Events menu.

3. Ship route just puts the player in a ship as soon as they come into the area and lets them go on non-paths. Set ViewPort just prevents the world map from scrolling outside of the current screen the player is in when they come into contact with the area when moving around the map.

4. Still checking out this one...
~Previously known as DaveDaCat101~
Image (my project)
I Support

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #3by PK Esper » 18 Jun 2017, 0:32

The forced player might be an autowalk if you're wondering.
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
avatar is basically baldi from tumblr
Formerly known as RSupertheGreat.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I hate most people.
I'm a developer (and a beta tester of):
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

Return to “Bug reports”