[SMBX-38A 1.4.3] Low performance problem

Description: Report bugs of SMBX-38A here.
Forum rules: https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1069
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #1by delete this account » 10 Dec 2016, 17:04

Why my SMBX game as low performance?? Before the 9 december. It was correct and I was able to play correctly.

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #2by Yoshi021 » 10 Dec 2016, 18:06

hmm, that is weird. What kind of computer do you use?
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #3by delete this account » 10 Dec 2016, 21:04

Here's all the information of my PC, I can share to you... Maybe it is not what you want but this is what I understand. I don't know if you want translation in English, tell me if is that the case. :cry:
Capture.PNG

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #4by Wohlstand » 10 Dec 2016, 21:26

Old SMBX Engine eats a lot of CPU power even on powerful machine. LunaLua partially resolves this. So, I suggesting you install LunaLua to reduce performance of SMBX Engine. Just choice "Full installation" and check "complete standalone game", then download. Next step is to download a zip-file with "dev/night build" which you must unpack after unpacking LunaLUA into same folder with replacing all files inside.

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #5by delete this account » 10 Dec 2016, 21:50

Em... I forget to tell I have 1.4.3 so... I think I have a problem. :blind:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.53 KiB) Viewed 3643 times

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #6by Wohlstand » 11 Dec 2016, 0:14

LunaLUA is framework and fixes-set for 1.3 only,
if slowing performance happens with SMBX-38A, so, I'll move this thread into troubleshooting of 38A's section.

P.S. Just interested, which performance proceeding by PGE Engine on your machine? (try to play any level with it and ignore any bugs and imperfections in it, just tell me your impressions from that. Any bugs and imperfections you wish report (and already reported) in main Troubleshooting section and at PGE Github Repo https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project/issues).

Reasons why same assembly worked fine and then worked hard, a you got a shit-update from Microsoft. I highly recommending you apply the DWS utility to increase performance of your machine. A lot of spying services in Windows 10 which are sending a lot of data and slowing performance. Win10 is sends screenshots every little period! I don't think you will agree this. Therefore I myself don't using it outside VirtualBox and preffer use Linux and Windows 7 inside same VirtualBox.
Optionally with this utility you are able to disable updates completely (Windows 10 is first which totally removes default ability to disable updates).
Fun fact: friend of my brother was not able to update his game (TESO, which was legally bought, not a piracy) on his Windows 10 until I installed DWS, and his game successfully updated and worked.

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #7by delete this account » 11 Dec 2016, 0:22

I tried to open PGE, open a random 1.4.3 level and...
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.61 KiB) Viewed 3635 times

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #8by Wohlstand » 11 Dec 2016, 0:23

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:I tried to open PGE, open a random level and...
Capture.PNG
Try levels for 1.3, support for 38A is experimental and here is required extra work to better support those files. That is important, because PGE Editor (and PGE Maintainer) is a main ability to revert auto-update of level format by SMBX-38A Editor.

P.S. Please, attach me that level with error to let me improve my parser, because seems two variants: that file is invalid itself, because bug in SMBX-38A 1.4.1 produce junk commas (which fixed in patches later and 1.4.2), or imperfection on PGE File Library which lacks ability to identify that field.

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #9by delete this account » 11 Dec 2016, 0:31

I actually tried a another random level (in version 1.3 garanted), and PGE open it and it worked. The only problem is, I place a upside-down rainbow shell on the map and, Mario can't grab it :shout: (And the shell is not friendly, I check on the NPC and it all correct)

Overworld.rar
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
:yes: There it is...

Wohlstand wrote:Reasons why same assembly worked fine and then worked hard, a you got a shit-update from Microsoft. I highly recommending you apply the DWS utility to increase performance of your machine. A lot of spying services in Windows 10 which are sending a lot of data and slowing performance. Win10 is sends screenshots every little period! I don't think you will agree this. Therefore I myself don't using it outside VirtualBox and preffer use Linux and Windows 7 inside same VirtualBox.
Optionally with this utility you are able to disable updates completely (Windows 10 is first which totally removes default ability to disable updates).
Fun fact: friend of my brother was not able to update his game (TESO, which was legally bought, not a piracy) on his Windows 10 until I installed DWS, and his game successfully updated and worked.
Ooohhh... ok
Last edited by delete this account on 11 Dec 2016, 0:37, edited 1 time in total.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #10by Wohlstand » 11 Dec 2016, 0:36

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Mario can't grab it :shout:
I wasn't implemented ability to grab/throw objects for playable character but have draft in the code for that. Agree that is important gameplay skill must be implemented.
But how performance of engine itself? (processing of graphics and physics, etc.)

About that level:
Yea, seems it had non-implemented support of some extra fields, but easy to fix:
Снимок экрана от 2016-12-11 00-40-06.png
Before fix

line where error was being reported:
Снимок экрана от 2016-12-11 00-40-28.png
after fix
Снимок экрана от 2016-12-11 00-40-28.png (6.87 KiB) Viewed 3623 times

Then I removed extra field with "1":

And level successfully opened in the editor (and ran in PGE Engine):
Снимок экрана от 2016-12-11 00-42-31.png
In editor

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #11by delete this account » 11 Dec 2016, 0:45

Wohlstand wrote:But how performance of engine itself? (processing of graphics and physics, etc.)
With the PGE Engine, it's fine. The actual game is really good. But baby Yoshi have graphical problem...
Honeycam 2016-12-10 16-48-16.gif
Honeycam 2016-12-10 16-48-16.gif (29.74 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

Wohlstand wrote:About that level:
Yea, seems it had non-implemented support of some extra fields, but easy to fix
Don't tell me I have to do that to all my levels... :comando:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #12by Wohlstand » 11 Dec 2016, 1:30

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Don't tell me I have to do that to all my levels... :comando:
You not need to do that if I will fix library in PGE side

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:But baby Yoshi have graphical problem...
That because incorrect frame size and frames count in the npc-*.ini in the config pack, that can be fixed by yourself and not required update of PGE apps.

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #13by delete this account » 11 Dec 2016, 4:47

Wohlstand wrote:You not need to do that if I will fix library in PGE side

:) Thanks alot!

Wohlstand wrote:That because incorrect frame size and frames count in the npc-*.ini in the config pack, that can be fixed by yourself and not required update of PGE apps.

:mocking: Wow, how I just forgive this? That was stupid...

Added after 3 hours 17 minutes:
Thank you!
I don't know why... my game actually worked correctly again! Thanks a lot for Wohlstand for your software and other people help me anyway. :drinks:

Return to “SMBX-38A Bug reports”