Before you post make sure you have the latest patch(You can find it here).
Currently, the latest version is 1.4.4 (Patch 6).
What to put in my bug-report?
When making a bug report make sure to describe your bug correctly. Give clear instructions on how to replicate the glitch. If you think your description isn't enough, then you can have a visual such as a: screenshot, video, or a gif in your report. Visuals are highly recommended to have on your report especially when the bug is hard to explain.
If you want to post two glitches at the same time you can post them in the same topic. If there are a lot of glitches. you can categorize them into different topics.
If you have an error, but you can't replicate it, then try to report suspicious behavior. For example, you were messing around by throwing an item around over and over and suddenly you can't carry it anymore. Put in your report that the item mysteriously couldn't be grabbed, but it happened after constantly throwing it.
What to name my topic?
Make sure to name your report with something that represents the bug correctly. Please don't name the previous glitch "item bug", instead, name it "uncarriable item bug".
If you have multiple reports then name it "uncarriable item and incorrect goomba sprite bugs" or if the glitches can be categorized name it "Incorrect NPCs AIs" and have a list of several NPCs whose AI are incorrect.
My Bug has been fixed, now what?
If you discover that your bug is fixed in the newest patch, PM me, put a reply on your report, or change the title topic that the bug has been fixed. I will lock the topic and I will edit your post of the most recent patch in which it's fixed. I will also lock your topic if I am unable to replicate the bug or it has been fixed in the newest patch. If you are still having the bug make sure you have the latest patch. If the bug is still there, but I locked your topic then PM me or Lx Xzit and I will work with you about the bug. If the error was fixed in one patch but came back in a later patch, PM me or Lx Xzit and I will unlock your topic.
- Words from 5438A38A
- Generally, the bugs will be fixed if you properly reported them and they can be reproduced, if the "bug" you reported hasn't been fixed, that may be because:
- You didn't report them properly. You should report a bug with instructions, pictures or videos explaining how to trigger it, and more detailed instructions are preferred if the triggering process is complex. If a bug is always happening in a specific level, you should upload the level file when reporting.
- What you reported is not a bug. You found some features didn't work ONLY in your level but works fine in other level, why do you think this is a bug?
- You found a feature differ from what you expect, and it has no help to your episode, so you think this is a "bug", why do you think so?
- You reported too many bugs and I forget to fix some of them.
If you have any questions or concerns leave a reply.