[DEMO] - Bowser and the 100 Stars

Description: SMBX 1.4 projects which are currently WIP belong here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Ruben TM
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Ruben TM
Nice citizen

Post #1by Ruben TM » 20 Jan 2017, 0:20

Okay first time I ever make an episode, a project basically, since it's not an episode yet lol

Little plot:
Spoiler
"He's still there, and not giving up yet, he will still try to kidnap the princess from Mushroom Kingdom... Bowser, more lethal than ever will send his army and all of his 7 Koopalings, to all over the world, looking for stars that can make him powerful enough to get rid of Mario for good, a legend says that if you collect up to 100 stars, you'll be able to combine them all and forming one star that is able to grant you a wish, but to prevent this, our heroes Mario, Luigi (& others) will show up in action, just in time to prevent a big catastrophe in Mushroom Kingdom..."

Worlds available and completion list:

World 1 - Grasslands | [Complete]
World 2 - The Deserts | [Complete]
World 3 - The Caves | [In development]
World 4 - Water World | [Not started yet]
World 5 - High Skies | [Not started yet]
World 6 - Cold Zone | [Not started yet]
World 7 - Space | [Not started yet]
World 8 - Dark World | [Not started yet]

World 9 - Special Final | [Not started yet] (This last world is a special world that is available after you could beat the game, it will include lots and lots of levels from many games like Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Terraria, Super Castlevania IV, & many others).

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Latest in-game note:
Spoiler

I clearly know that there are some graphics that need to be fixed, I'm working on that, so keep in mind that if you find something, like, "strange" in a level,
I'll be then changing every wrong/bad graphics and placements.

Demo Download (v2):
Spoiler
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4taPZrxdf79MEJ1NnpZVW05Tm8/view
(Next Demo download will probably include World 3 soon! Bug fixes have been added, you are now downloading a more complete version of this demo, lots and lots of things such as the episode name and graphics have been fixed, also every level has lots of wrong object placements completely repaired so now you can enjoy the most complete experience of this WIP episode).

Let me know if the links in the topic aren't working, or if you want me to fix some broken screenshots!

If you liked it, make sure to check this project periodically, I'll be randomly updating it.
Last edited by Ruben TM on 17 Apr 2017, 15:50, edited 11 times in total.

delete this account
delete this account

Post #2by delete this account » 20 Jan 2017, 3:34

Wow, this project looks amazing, the graphics of some levels like this desert are awesome. :allokay:

Ruben TM
Nice citizen
Ruben TM
Nice citizen

Post #3by Ruben TM » 20 Jan 2017, 3:58

Thank you! I'm working on the backgrounds to add a parallax effect and now I'm currently working in World 3 Caves.

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #4by PK Esper » 20 Jan 2017, 7:17

Omg, bowser is too nut to get 100 stars. I love how you get so many inspirations besides Mario games, really creative. You're good at teascripting than me as my brain exploded.
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
avatar is basically baldi from tumblr
Formerly known as RSupertheGreat.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I hate most people.
I'm a developer (and a beta tester of):
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

Ruben TM
Nice citizen
Ruben TM
Nice citizen

Post #5by Ruben TM » 20 Jan 2017, 20:14

I'm pretty sure his whole army of Goombas and Koopas can do all that job haha but yeah, glad you guys liked it.

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #6by Eri7 » 10 Feb 2017, 15:51

Good project and very good looking logo!
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Ruben TM
Nice citizen
Ruben TM
Nice citizen

Post #7by Ruben TM » 12 Feb 2017, 4:36

Thank you I just corrected a bit the size too to make it less blurry, it looks better now.

Ice
Duke
Duke
Ice
Duke
Duke

Post #8by Ice » 10 Apr 2017, 2:19

whoa whoa WHOA! HOW COULD OF I'VE NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! :good: Are you still working on this ruben?
I-I-I-I-T'S-A-ICE TIME! :cool:

also i don't check this site often so sorry if I reply really late :fool:
My Projecct:

PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke
PracticalUsername F
Duke
Duke

Post #9by PracticalUsername » 10 Apr 2017, 3:10

Ice wrote:whoa whoa WHOA! HOW COULD OF I'VE NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! :good: Are you still working on this ruben?
It's probably on hiatus right now, and it's been about two months since any updates were made.
"I'll have another."-practicalshorty014

Ice
Duke
Duke
Ice
Duke
Duke

Post #10by Ice » 10 Apr 2017, 5:57

practicalshorty014 wrote:It's probably on hiatus right now, and it's been about two months since any updates were made.
Oh, ok, Don't blame him really, making smbx episode required time, LOTS OF IT, at least moderate skill, and patience. I'be been trying to make my own episode now since I was a kid and almost gave up, but I HATE GIVING UP and I just can't live my life knowing that I actually have up on creating my own video game, especially since creating video games have been one my dreams. :fool:
Hehe, but that's just me :blush: (man I talk to much)
I-I-I-I-T'S-A-ICE TIME! :cool:

also i don't check this site often so sorry if I reply really late :fool:
My Projecct:

Ruben TM
Nice citizen
Ruben TM
Nice citizen

Post #11by Ruben TM » 17 Apr 2017, 15:47

Thanks for the feedback! And about my project, it's not going to die don't worry, I just have some other priorities too but I'm also learning new stuff for my levels, most of them will include something epic, and by the way the third demo will include World 3 and probably World 4 too. Oh, and it will also include massive bug fixes, since I have found lots and lots of things that aren't working properly. And one last thing, I'm working on the sound effects too, so most of the levels will have a more "alive" feeling.

Edit: Maybe this time it'll take some more time to release a demo since I'm not using my computer anymore. I have "paused" the project for some weeks.

Return to “Projects”