Super Mario Bros. X Online [v1.4.3]

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #41by Pilzinsel64 » 30 Oct 2016, 12:48

TepigFan101 wrote:will it be possible to play the 2p Battle Game with someone online?
Just offline. But maybe i will ask 5438A38A if he would insert some player-control comand to his IPC, then i could implent Online playing.

Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count

Another new background

Post #42by Pilzinsel64 » 4 Nov 2016, 22:02

Sorry for the dark screenshort. :shout:
Info: Background made by Catskart.
Last edited by Pilzinsel64 on 5 Nov 2016, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Alucard
Our friend
Our friend
Alucard
Our friend
Our friend

Post #43by Alucard » 4 Nov 2016, 22:22

Pilzinsel64 wrote:Background made by Catskart.
Now that`s mush better.

P3rf3ctXZer0
Good citizen
Good citizen
P3rf3ctXZer0
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #44by P3rf3ctXZer0 » 22 Dec 2016, 16:31

Now that is very stylish :) like I said I care about this project ;) Since I can't code well yet I just like admiring the work of other coders :)

MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
Website Twitter

Post #45by MACKACHE » 22 Dec 2016, 18:04

Pilzinsel64 wrote:Image

Sorry for the dark screenshort. :shout:
Info: Background made by Catskart.

The screenshot is broken. EDIT: Wait the minute, it works now. Maybe it's my internet connection.
Last edited by MACKACHE on 28 Jan 2017, 5:29, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #46by Pilzinsel64 » 22 Dec 2016, 22:31

RSuper wrote:The screenshot is broken.
No.

MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
Website Twitter

Post #47by MACKACHE » 23 Dec 2016, 6:43

Pilzinsel64 wrote:
RSuper wrote:The screenshot is broken.
No.

I don't know why.
ImageImage

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #48by Eri7 » 4 Jan 2017, 23:58

It is possible for 2-player online mode ? Like the 2 players to connect in something like server maybe with hamachi and then they can play together 1 episode/world. One of the player will host the world with a server like a hamachi and the other will connect to this server and like that they can play together.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #49by Pilzinsel64 » 5 Jan 2017, 14:19

Eri7 wrote:It is possible for 2-player online mode ? Like the 2 players to connect in something like server maybe with hamachi and then they can play together 1 episode/world. One of the player will host the world with a server like a hamachi and the other will connect to this server and like that they can play together.
Theoreticly yes, but currently no. SMBX miss some commands at IPC.
At first, i would like to find time to finish the general things.

Added after 2 hours 21 minutes:
Renamed "Play & Share Engine" into "Super Mario Bros. X Store".

MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
Website Twitter

Post #50by MACKACHE » 5 Jan 2017, 17:26

^
That's kinda cool. (Insert text here)
ImageImage

Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count

New logo

Post #51by Pilzinsel64 » 6 Feb 2017, 21:07

Now this project has a logo:
Logo made by BroDute.

del
del

Post #52by del » 14 Feb 2017, 18:46

Typos and all that stuff aside... don't you think instead of copying Mario Maker you should improve upon what it did? Like the 10 level limit, I don't really see much of a point in having that, especially since 3 episodes is potentially 100 times as much.
The moderator system also is kind of a backwards move. The way mario maker handled unlocking limits is based on the amounts of stars a user got. By giving that into the hands of a handful of semi-active, possibly biased moderators, you're not really creating a system that reliably hands out benefits.
also the "you can't upload a level you can't beat" rule has me wondering how you're going to check this. It works in Mario Maker because the game prompts you with playthroughs from start and the midpoints. In SMBX you can't really have that, and you have an array of cheats at your disposal which can only be disabled in 2.0 (as far as I know), the one version you don't support.
I also think stars are a more recognisable system than 1-ups for rating, as stars are used in various media and sites to represent A Good.
Lastly, why no open source? There are no drawbacks to it as far as I'm aware.

Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #53by Pilzinsel64 » 14 Feb 2017, 19:23

Enjl wrote:Typos and all that stuff aside... don't you think instead of copying Mario Maker you should improve upon what it did? Like the 10 level limit, I don't really see much of a point in having that, especially since 3 episodes is potentially 100 times as much.
The moderator system also is kind of a backwards move. The way mario maker handled unlocking limits is based on the amounts of stars a user got. By giving that into the hands of a handful of semi-active, possibly biased moderators, you're not really creating a system that reliably hands out benefits.
also the "you can't upload a level you can't beat" rule has me wondering how you're going to check this. It works in Mario Maker because the game prompts you with playthroughs from start and the midpoints. In SMBX you can't really have that, and you have an array of cheats at your disposal which can only be disabled in 2.0 (as far as I know), the one version you don't support.
I also think stars are a more recognisable system than 1-ups for rating, as stars are used in various media and sites to represent A Good.

- The limitations aren't final. If many say that they don't like them, then I will remove it. Then Pro-Users will no longer exists.
- Sure, in SMBX 1.4 i can communitcate with SMBX. And the level can start at a midway checkpoint. It's possible with SMBX 1.4.
- Cheat codes ... I can disable it on level testing.
- I don't support 2.0, because 2.0 hasn't IPC (like in 1.4) or something else.
- If you the majority wants stars, then they will be stars.
Last edited by Pilzinsel64 on 14 Feb 2017, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Spinda M
Citizen
Citizen
Spinda M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #54by Spinda » 14 Feb 2017, 19:37

Pilzinsel64 wrote:And also 2.0 ... all what is special: LunaLua.

are you kidding me

del
del

Post #55by del » 14 Feb 2017, 20:01

IPC?

Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer
Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer
Website

Post #56by Kevsoft » 14 Feb 2017, 22:59

IPC ... Inter Process Communication

SMBX 2.0 / LunaLua actually provides IPC with jsonrpc. It is used by LunaTester. Wohlstand can you give more information about it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.start() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.end() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #57by Wohlstand » 15 Feb 2017, 2:05

Kevsoft, yea, and PGE Engine since foundation uses an IPC to communicate with the editor (however I worked with this system long time until I got it working stable and everywhere now). LunaTester is a frontend over LunaLua's jsonrpc API which allws use it to start and control level testing on LunaLua side. SMBX-38A also has own IPC implemented by my request (which 38A also described). I plan support it in PGE Editor too (to allow use PGE Editor with 38A Engine too, and yea, will be an easier way to test same level on different engines, especially you are recording video ;-) ).

P.S. One thing is: Because IPC implemented by 38A is based on shared memory blocks, is possible to support it in PGE Editor on Linux too, because shared memory is same (Wine just a wrapper from WinAPI into POSIX, therefore shared memory used by Wine apps can be freely accessed from any native Linux application)

Comedic_Comentator M
Citizen
Citizen
Comedic_Comentator M
Citizen
Citizen
YouTube Twitter

Post #58by Comedic_Comentator » 5 Mar 2017, 7:25

Warning, there was a fan project like this called Grail Online. It was an online LOZ game in the style of LOZ: ALTTP. Nintendo went nuts over it and had it shut down due to legal issues so be careful . It would be best if you could use non nintendo graphics and allow smbx episodes but not make it solely Mario or else this could get canceled fast by Nintendo.

Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #59by Pilzinsel64 » 5 Mar 2017, 11:52

Comedic_Comentator wrote:Warning, there was a fan project like this called Grail Online. It was an online LOZ game in the style of LOZ: ALTTP. Nintendo went nuts over it and had it shut down due to legal issues so be careful . It would be best if you could use non nintendo graphics and allow smbx episodes but not make it solely Mario or else this could get canceled fast by Nintendo.

Thanks for the warning. I know that Nintendo can easily stop this project, so I don't use Original Nintendo Graphics. Look at the newest screenshorts up in the main post.

And I know that the name of the project is daring. But I asked the Community on the Discord-Server of this project and they said the would stay at SMBX Online, because there isn't a better name.

If you wuold get new infos and screenshorts before other people, then join the Discord Server for SMBX Online:
https://discord.gg/JFVBwdz

OveralldPlumber M
Duke
Duke
OveralldPlumber M
Duke
Duke
Website YouTube Skype Twitter

Post #60by OveralldPlumber » 7 Mar 2017, 22:01

Pilzinsel64 wrote:[*]Your language? Translate it to your language and i will include it.
I need translators as many languages as you want in SMBX Store.

Well then, I could translate to Brazilian Portuguese!

PS: I'm not actually dead! Just not active on the forums, if you wanna talk to me I'm mostly active on discord. Add me! Ray#4284

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”