A theory I've had for a while

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Lx Xzit, Yoshi021, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Do you think @5438A38A is Redigit?

Yes! It's him!
EmeraldMaster777, Prado
8%
No...
Yoshi021, Pilzinsel64, h2643, KFCMARIO, Yave Yu, TheCreator520, Slash Chen, Vanilla 451, Wohlstand, HengShao, Alucard, Coolio__, andreepika1336, SuperMarioTM, TheGreatMarioPerson, Caketaco, Super Mario Player, SuperMarioLevels134, JDM, RetroKrasher, 9th_core, PK Esper, 6824
88%
I have no idea
DJFMHD
4%
We'll have to wait and see!
No votes

Total voters: 26
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Website Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #1by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 2 Jul 2016, 20:05

What if 5438A38A is Redigit?

Think about it, everything in SMBX 1.4.x replicates the original in a huge way. Heck, there were even some bugs I could still do in 1.4.1, such as the Link Spin Jump bug. That is a reason that leads me to believe Redigit made 1.4.x, because some of the bugs were still in there from 1.3 and below, making me think that 5438A38A had the SMBX 1.3 source code, the non-garbled one. Redigit is the only one that has the source code, also knowing how to managed it, maybe even having a copy that isn't messed up. Also, he did join the SMBX forums a few months ago, which I just found out a few days ago, so that backs up my theory.

What do you guys think?
Hey guys! I'm not dead! I'm only a little rotten, but I'm just as stupid and idiotic as ever! :comando:
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

My Discord tag: EXEcutor-The-Bat#6666 (haha that means you can't choose that custom Discord tag now)

"EAT THE GOO!!" Abridged Sonic
"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." Abridged Tails
"LOOKATMEI'MJESUS" Abridged Knuckles
"You owe me a new chair, cutie!~" Abridged Hyper Metal Sonic

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #2by Yoshi021 » 2 Jul 2016, 20:53

I do not think this theory is right. 5438A38A is Chinese and there is a LOT of evidence of this, and Redigit is not, so that doesn't match up. 1.4 level format is very different from that of 1.3, so I don't think that 1.4 was made using the source code. Redigit actually does not want to share the source code unless, it is used without Mario characters, which 1.4 uses.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #3by Pilzinsel64 » 2 Jul 2016, 20:56

1. I found the source code of 1.3.0.1 (maby 1.3 only?) and got it working in VB6.
2. I don't thing Redigit was Chineses and lived in China.
3. 5438A38A are in another forums as Redigit.

Answer "No": 90% (I vote for this answer)
Answer "Yes": 10%

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Skype YouTube VK

Post #4by h2643 » 2 Jul 2016, 22:42

Redigit lives in USA which already proves that he's not 5438A38A. And no, it's not that hard to create your own Mario fan-game, which a lot of people including 38A already did and still do. There's no need to know the source code to replicate something, which 38A kinda failed at (just look at 1.4's awful physics and programing!).
The same bugs may still exist either because both Redigit and 38A used old technology to make SMBXs (Visual Basic), or because 38A intentionally added them to make his SMBX bootleg feel more like original SMBX? I have no idea. And why would Redigit rewrite level/world format structure? That just makes no sense.

Off-topic, but this is exactly why I'm against 38A working on SMBX 2.0 - he doesn't know how to use newest technology. The SMBX 2.0 team actually asked him at some point of time to collaborate with them, but he opposed. SMBX 2.0 makes a use of ASM and Lua, and SMBX 1.4..? Only old unstable technology, exactly just like SMBX 1.3.

So no, (s)he can't be Redigit. There goes my input...
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #5by Pilzinsel64 » 2 Jul 2016, 23:56

Last edited by Pilzinsel64 on 3 Jul 2016, 0:31, edited 1 time in total.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #6by Lx Xzit » 3 Jul 2016, 0:09

I don't wanted to do this but I can't take this anymore. CAN YOU PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE THIS WAY h2643?!

(just look at 1.4's awful physics and programing!).
Bad programming? It's probably the most advanced Mario fan-game so far. Bad physics? they are a bit slippery but it isn't a completely wrong as you say. And don't forget SMBX 1.4 is work in progress, I'm sure he will polish it in the future. This reminds me when someone say "Don't judge SMBX 2.0 because we will add X and X stuff in the future", people who supports SMBX 2.0 can freely bad talk about SMBX 1.4, but if a person who supports SMBX 1.4 say "SMBX 2.0 sucks so far", someone will attack and will be very disliked.

The same bugs may still exist either because both Redigit and 38A used old technology to make SMBXs (Visual Basic), or because 38A intentionally added them to make his SMBX bootleg feel more like original SMBX? I have no idea.
Not really, let's see how many bugs 5438A38A fixed (just a small part):
Spoiler
-Fixed the 'Out of Memory' crash when trying to open many level files using an old computer.
-FIxed the 'Control array element doesn't exist.'crash using the world editor with custom graphics.
-Fixed the 'Overflow' crash when certain NPCs are fallen into lava.
-Fixed the 'Overflow' crash when some error CNPC codes are loaded.
-Fixed the 'Type mismatch' crash when some error CNPC codes are loaded.
-Fixed the 'Invailed picture','Out of Memory','Cannot create AutoReDraw object' crash when using too much custom graphics in a level using an old computer.
-Fixed the 'Divided by Zero' crash entering a pipe with a fire piranha plant.
-FIxed the bug that level corrupts when game crashes saving a level.
-Fixed the bug that level corrupts when there is '"' in message boxes.
-Fixed the bug that some irregular MP3 files are not played properly.
-Fixed the bug that levels in battle mode can be cleared.
-Fixed the bug that SMW platforms get stuck when overlapped each other.
-Fixed the bug that some blocks behave improperly when become invisible.
-Fixed the bug that some NPCs disappear from time to time.
-Fixed the bug that 'Instant' warps sometimes not working with certain settings.
-Fixed the bug that some warps placed near the level boundary can make players get stuck.
-Fixed the bug that if the game failed to refresh the graphics the images from the last frame will remain.
-Fixed the bug that some looping BGP are not looping properly.
-Fixed the bug that using a BGP with wrong size will make the graphics out of order.
-Fixed the bug that you can get too much lives completing a level near a lot of NPCs.
-Fixed the bug that Pokey will break up when going up a slope.
-Fixed the bug that invisible blocks still blocks some NPCs up.
-Fixed the bug that layer status in Layer window in editor is not refreshed on time when testing a level.
-Fixed the bug that 'mario-5.gif' has an 1-pixel offset.(Since most 'mario-5.gif'in graphic packs now have moved the picture up one pixel,all of them will automatically move one pixel down)
-Fixed the bug that Level-Start and Auto-Start events are not triggered when players have died once.
-Fixed the bug that Auto-Scrolling is only available to Level - Start event.
-Fixed the bug that pressing P-Switch will make the coins and blocks disappear and trigger Death events.
-Fixed the bug that vines are placed overlapped in editor.
-Fixed the bug that some CNPC codes can not apply to certain NPCs and some CNPC codes will make them disappear.
-Fixed some other bugs.

What did smbx lunalua/2.0? oh right, they fixed the lava bug, some others minor bugs and improved the performance. I want clarify I DON'T hate SMBX lunalua, it's a powerful tool and I don't take part of this ridiculous storm to: X version is better than X other. In fact, I love lunalua and I personally admire the hard work Kevsoft and even community are doing to keep it as good as possible, Kevsoft deserves all my respect and WohIstand too. I don't like SMBX 2.0 for many valid reasons but I don't thing is needed to point it right now, and isn't needed for me say SMBX 2.0 sucks every time I can, or try to convince others that it's bad, I let others make their own opinions without spreading bad reviews, I'd suggest to you do the same.

Off-topic, but this is exactly why I'm against 38A working on SMBX 2.0 - he doesn't know how to use newest technology.
What if he know how to do but he want keep working with Visual Basic for some reason? What if it was obligatory? What do you know about 5438A38A? I think there are other things to have in mind BEFORE judge him. You should give the deserved respect to SMBX 1.4, it's a project of two years of hard work. Even if you don't like, there's no excuse to act like this.

The SMBX 2.0 team actually asked him at some point of time to collaborate with them, but he opposed.
I can't believe someone asked him that...

I don't care if you think SMBX 1.4 is bad, it's internet and you always will find someone who disagrees with you, that's fine. What I really don't like is that you are acting childishly, you don't give the deserved respect that SMBX 1.4 and its community deserves. You are a staff, you must keep the armony in the place, not make controversy. If you say "IN MY OPINION SMBX 1.4 is bad for X and X reasons", you have really nice arguments and you give the deserved respect to everyone and everything, it's perfect. If you say "SMBX 1.4 sucks" without have valid points and without respect other users, that's not right. You are saying your opinion is more important that other's opinion and you're the only who is right. I don't wanted do this, I wanted keep away of this kind of things but I can not take it anymore, sorry.
Last edited by Lx Xzit on 17 Jul 2016, 9:45, edited 9 times in total.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #7by Catskart » 3 Jul 2016, 0:10

Redigit is clear at this point, He drop SMBX for his actual game : Terraria.
He got moneys with this game, and he have his own studio : Re-Logic, with somes friends.

I don't blame him, it's his choice and I can understand, he's in the active life now.

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #8by Pilzinsel64 » 3 Jul 2016, 0:44

I love SMBX-38A, but i have realy mutch of unclarified question, because i missed the start of smbx-38a (V1.4.0). So, all what i can do is to support smbx-38a and 5438A38A.

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
Website Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #9by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 3 Jul 2016, 4:14

Guys, think about it. Why would he recreate the bugs from 1.3? Mainly the ones such as the Link spin jumping bug. It really doesn't make sense! It works in 1.4.1. I've tested it before. 1.4.2. has fixed it. Also, if it's "rebuilt from ground up" then why was the bug still there? Also, like I said. Redigit is the only one that possibly has the real source code for 1.3. 1.4.1 has fixed most of the runtime errors. The Link spin jumping bug isn't a run time error.
Hey guys! I'm not dead! I'm only a little rotten, but I'm just as stupid and idiotic as ever! :comando:
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

My Discord tag: EXEcutor-The-Bat#6666 (haha that means you can't choose that custom Discord tag now)

"EAT THE GOO!!" Abridged Sonic
"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." Abridged Tails
"LOOKATMEI'MJESUS" Abridged Knuckles
"You owe me a new chair, cutie!~" Abridged Hyper Metal Sonic

Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Website

Post #10by Yave Yu » 3 Jul 2016, 4:19

Do you really think they are a same person? What were you thinking??
Visit my YouTube channel Yave Yu!

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #11by Yoshi021 » 3 Jul 2016, 8:18

Since DarkMecha brought it up...

I don't understand why there is so much controversy on 1.4. I say this without trying to be offensive, but SMBX isn't a worldwide popular engine with thousands of followers. SMBX is not that popular where you can be so selective on what is considered good and what is considered bad. I say this because of Joey's forum. I don't really understand why it is banned in there. I asked Joey and he to told me:
Joey wrote:We need to make available the version that is most stable, and at this point that version is 1.3.0.1. LunaLua can also be in stable form, but the reason why the current version has not been updated is because we were waiting on 2.0. I'm not saying that the Chinese build of SMBX is not a good program, but it's not something fit for release at this point.
He has told me that he might make a section for 1.4, but he is thinking about. What bugs me about banning 1.4 is that not a lot of people use 1.4. In Joey's forum it is discouraged to use it. Most "elites" refer to 1.4 as Chinese Bootleg, trash, or like h2643 said "it sucks". If 1.4 features are brought up, they say "it can be done with lua". Actually, when 2.0 was announced it promised new characters and other things. Many people always suggested new NPCs or mechanics for 2.0 and they were responded with "just use lua". What I like about 1.4 is that new mechanics and NPCs are added. I mean just look at the change log
Warning: Huge List
Changes for 1.4.2:

Engine Updates
-Updated DirectX8 to DirectX9.
-Replaced Gdiplus with Freeimage, so MSCOMCTL.OCX is no longer needed, and the game requires NO dlls to register.
-Replaced Fmodex with SDL2 Mixer.
-Greatly improved performance.
-Layers and events are supported for world maps now.
-Updated the script engine.

World
-Upgraded 'Music Components' in world maps to 'Area Components', enabling more functions.
-You can now set the boundary of the world map, sailing areas, item-triggered areas and so on.
-Area sizes are customable.
-Upgraded 'Level Components', introducing random movements of levels.
-You can set the path and the destinations, and the level will move randomly between destinations.
-Added events for level entrance and exit.
-Added 'one-time-use' levels.
-Added other miscellaneous settings.
-Add paths toggling the ability of passing every turn.
-The number of star coins are now shown on the world map.
-Added events for world maps, with events, you can:
-Toggle the state of showing of the layers.
-Move the layers around, multiple moving patterns are supported.
-Make the events auto-executable with condition settings.
-Messages on world maps are now supported.
-Use sys(starcoincount) in expressions to get the star coin count.
-3 new items for world maps are added: Music Box, Anchor and Warp Whistle.

NPC
-Added balancing lifts (SMB).
-Added all-direction flamethrowers (SMB3).
-Added Foo (NSMBWii).
-Added Springboard (SMM, in SMW style)
-Added a new Custom NPC Code.
-zposition:A float number, determining the showing order of the NPC, ranges from 0 to 1.Set this to 0 will make the NPC shown in the foreground and 1 to make it shown in the background.

Warp
-Added a new warp style: zero-delay warp(Loop).
-Some types of the warps have the ability to resize now.
-Added warps only available for mini characters.

Misc
-Added the support of custom sound effects affecting the whole world map.

Liquid
-Added an 'eraser' air fluid erasing all physic effects of other overlapping fluids.

Bugs
-Many bugs that were not supposed to occur are fixed.

Changes for 1.4.1:

Engine Updates
-Added the support for global scripts.
-Added the star coin system.
-Added replay function, you can record your plays and make record files.

NPC
-Added Bony Beetle
-Added Sumo Bro
-Added Dino-Torch
-Added Lava Bubbles(SMW, bounces against walls)
-Added Ptooie
-Added Broozer
-Added Fire Piranha(SMB3, in other directions)
-Added Bubble Baby Yoshi(NSMBWiiU, press 's' key to release bubbles when holding)
-Added Cannonball
-Added Springboard(SMM, interactives with NPCs)
-Added Hammer Bro(SMB3)
-Added Sledge Bro
-You can now set the objects thrown by Fire Brothers, Hammer Bros and Bill Blasters.
-Added new Custom NPC Codes.
-frozentime:determines how long the NPC will keep the frozen state.
-yoshihurt:determines whether the NPC will take damage by mounted yoshies.
-shoehurt:determines whether the NPC will take damage by players in shoes.

Player
-Frogsuits are available for all characters.
-Added Blue Shells which are available for all characters.
-Added Propeller Mushrooms which are available for all characters.
-Added Mini Mushrooms which are available for all characters.
-Added Penguin Suits which are available for all characters.
-Added Mega Mushrooms only available for Mario, Luigi and Toad.
-Added the hat system: Gold '?' Blocks, Billy Cannons, Flying caps, Goomba caps, Spiny Caps(SMM), Buzzy Beetle Caps(SMM), which are available for all characters.
-All the hats remove when the player exits the level, like F.L.U.D.D..

Misc
-Added the image exporting feature, allowing the images of levels and world maps to be exported in PNG and BMP formats.
-Added Auto-Painting (aka intelligent editing) mode which will round the boundary of the placed blocks, automatically.
-Dynamic backgrounds will be disabled if the image size exceeds the maxium image size supported by the graphics card.

Bugs
-Fixed interface anomalies occurred when DPI is increased.
-Many bugs that were not supposed to exist are fixed.

Changes for 1.4:

Engine Updates
-Most game mechanics are inherited from 1.3.0.0
-Addition:Some differences between 1.4 and 1.3.0.0:
1.Due to the incompatibilities and other reasons,netplay function is temporary disabled.We may re-add it later.
2.Number of auto-played characters in title screen is now reduced to one.
3.Testing levels in editor in fullscreen mode is no longer supported.
-Upgraded the graphics engine.Alpha channels are supported now,which means you can use smoother graphics in your levels.
-You may not be able to launch the game if DirectX is not available.
-There is now a limit to the max size of custom graphics,ANY pixels exceeding the limit will not be drawn.You can check it using the Debugger in editor.Don't worry a lot,4096*4096 is sufficient in normal case.
-Upgraded the sound system.More file formats are supported now.
-Optimized the physic engine.
-Involved the memory management system.Some graphics and musics are only loaded into memory when needed.
-Added variables.
-Added scripts.
-Added MarioPacker(v1.0)
-Added MarioShop(v1.0)

MarioPacker
MarioPacker is a built-in program in the editor.It packs and encrypts your episodes,blocking other people hacking them.Use It Wisely.
-Only available to episodes with a world map.
-Packed maps have an improvement in loading speed and security,and have a smaller file size.
-The progress is not reversible.BACK UP FIRST.

MarioShop
MarioShop is another built-in program.It has image editing functions which makes graphics-making easier.

Events and Layers
-Names of events and layers can now be any characters,but if you want to use them in scripts,do not use strange characters.
-Added a way to create NPCs,effects with events and scripts
-You can insert variables in message boxes.Method:&Val(*variable name*) (Ignore'*')
-You can move layers in a new way - setting the relative position,which teleports the layer instantly.
-Canceled the 99 events cap.
-Canceled the 20 layer operations cap in events.
-You can now use custom musics in events.
-Upgraded the auto-scrolling function, the parameters are now dynamic.
-Timers in events have two timing units (second and frame) now.
-You can now move more than one layers in a single event.
-Added some options to character controlling section in events.
-Added some special events that automatically triggers when certain conditions are met.(AutoRun-Event)
-Name list:Level - End,Player - GotHurt,Player - GotItem,Player - GotNPChurt,Player - Swimming,Player - Warping,NPC - Death,NPC - Killed,Timer - Over,etc.
-Added API layers.Objects in these layers are locked in a special position.
-Name list:Att-Player1(*),Att-Player2(*),Att-Screen(*),Att-ScreenII(*).'*' can be any vaild characters.
-'Attach to Layer' function is not available to NPCs in these layers.
-Optimized the Attach to Layer function.Layers and NPCs are now attached with 100% more power.
-Added some special events that when it triggers,certain functions are executed,like hurting the player.(Special Event)
-Added AutoStart functions in events.Events are sutomatically triggered when conditions set are met.
-Many parameters in events can now be expressions.
-Local variables, global variables and system variables are supported in the logic system for events.
-Adden In-game Timer.
-When it goes zero and is in 'count down' mode,all characters are killed instantly.You can make an AutoRun-Event(Timer - Over) to prevent this by triggering the event instead.
-God mode characters are not affected.
-A messenger system variable is sent to the event when a event is triggered by a NPC,which can tell your event who triggered the event.
-You can now right-click an object(textboxes,buttons,etc) in the event editor to get a short helping text.

NPC
-Added Starman
-Added Spinning Platform
-Added Directional Platform
-Added Firechomp
-Added Chainchomp
-Added Penguin
-Added Fire Brother
-Added Boomerang Brother
-Added Fire Piranha
-Added a way to hide NPCs in a SMW block.
-Thwomps can now move horizontally.
-Koopa Troopas can recover itselves from the shell state over time.(Exceptions:Placed koopa shells,SMW ones stomped by player)
-NPCs swallowed by Yoshies will disappear in 20 seconds.
-Added a option for SMW jumping piranha plant to determine whether it can pop fireballs.
-You can put any NPC,small or large,into bubbles.It may look weird when you try to fill bubbles with bowsers,of course.
-Rotodiscs and firebars can now be customed in many ways.
-Max size of ice blocks made by ice balls can be set in CNPC code of NPC-263(ice block).
-Multiple check points can now exist in a single level.You can determine the order by changing the advanced NPC settings.
-Added NPC events:Grab,Touch,NextFrame(this one is not recommended to use too much)
-Added 'Send ID to a variable' settings for NPCs to send the permanent NPC ID to a variable.
-NPC290 NPC195 are now tightly connected to players.
-P-Switches can no longer turn friendly NPCs into blocks.
-New settings for NPC generator.
-Use frames instead of seconds for the timing unit.
-Two setting methods are now available.
-Traditional:8 directions available instead of 4.
-Custom:4 new options:Shooting angle,shooting branches,shooting speed,shooting range.
-Added some new Custom NPC codes.
-spinjump:can the NPC be killed by spin jumps or not.
-To be compatible with jumphurt,this one should be set the same time you set jumphurt.
-spinjumphurt:can players get hurt trying spin-jump the NPC.
-waterjumphurt:can the NPC be stomped to death under water.
-To be compatible with jumphurt,this one should be set the same time you set jumphurt.
-nolava:can the NPC be killed by lava.
-nohammer:can the NPC be killed by hammers.
-health:hitpoints for the NPC,can only be a const.
-holdgenerator:makes the NPC hold a NPC generator itself.
-Usage:holdgenerator = x , y , id , Delay , Speed , Angle , [Optional L = 1] , [Optional R = 360] , [Optional AC = 1]
-Parameters:relative position of NPC(x,y),generating interval,initial speed,initial angle,branches,range,whether the direction changes according to the facing of NPC.
-Be careful,you may make lakitus throwing lakitus using this,producing deadly lags.
-framestyle:(additions)
-framestyle=3 Animations are not played automatically.
-framestyle=4 Animations are only played once.
-framestyle=5,6,7£ºMuch the same as 0,1,2.Differences:GFX will have a downward offset 'NPC special setting value * NPC original frame number',for example,player fireballs are using this.
-fireballdmg:damage taken when hit by fireballs.
-jumpdmg:damage taken when hit by stomps.
-hammerdmg:damage taken when hit by hammers.
-shelldmg:damage taken when hit by shells.
-lavadmg:damage taken when hit by lava.
-tailspindmg:damage taken when hit by tail spins.
-blockhitdmg:damage taken when hit by blocks.
-explosiondmg:damage taken when hit by bombs.
-float:is the NPC affected by buoyance,only makes sense when nogravity is set to 0,for example,SMB3 platforms are using this.

Liquid
-You can now specify many physic parameters for liquids.
-You can now make the hitbox of liquids round.
-Liquids can now trigger events by touching them with players or NPCs.
-Added many settings.
-Custom liquid:a kind of liquid with custom friction settings.
-Gravitional Field:just a 'liquid' without swimming functions.
-[Event/Script]Collision Area:triggers events or scripts when characters get in.This kind of liquid does not have any physic properties.
-[Event/Script]Click Area:triggers events or scripts when clicked using mouse.This kind of liquid does not have any physic properties.

Warp
-Added events for warps.
-Added a kind of warp requiring a bomb to unlock.
-Message shown when stars are not enough can now be customed.
-Added a option to prevent the star count of levels from showing.
-Added a option to disable the intro animation when warping between levels.
-Added a option to keep the items held by players when warping between levels.
-Changes for Warp To Map Location:special values:(0,0) means not moving,(-1,-1) means move to position(0,0).

Block
-P-Switches no longer triggers Death events of blocks.
-POW Blocks no longer triggers Hit events of blocks.
-'?' Blocks can now contain any kind of NPC.
-Coin amount of '?' Blocks can now be 'infinite' (with a finite amount of time)
-You can now customize the size of blocks,press Return after inputing the new size in the textbox.
-If the slope of a slope is greater than 1.1,it creates a horizontal acceleration to players stepping on it.

Player
-Added Frog Suit.Only available for Mario and Luigi.
-Added F.L.U.D.D.(Super Mario Sunshine)
-There are 3 types of them.Press 'Z' to use them.If you get multiple types,press Shift+S to switch.(Keys are configurable)
-They recharges themselves when players touch a liquid with a friction between 0.4 and 0.6.
-They are automatically removed after completing a level.If you want to keep it,use global variables and script system.

World
-You can now limit the use of cheat codes with blacklists and whitelists.
-You can now make a save file only available to a single computer,and saves from other computers can not be loaded.
-Added save locking feature:you can specify a rule using expressions.Saves can only be loaded properly when the expressions return True.
-Added a option to record the level which player was in,when the save is loaded,the game will send players to the recorded position.
-Added item slots from SMB3.Enable it by setting the max amount of items.Press 'S' to open it in the world map.You can add items in to it using Special Events.
-You can now disable 2-Player game.
-You can now disable the function of switching characters on world map.
-You can now customize the music played in the world map.
-The music is now not looped in Credits screen.
-You can now make custom credits,keep it short,since the scrolling speed of text is not changed.
-If there is a music file 'credits.MP3', it will played in Credit screen.
-Added 'Forced' option for levels in the world map.'Forced' levels will pull players into them instantly when players step on.
-You can now use expressions controlling the requirements opening a new path, only global variables can be used in this case.
-Added level entering conditions.
-Use '|' to separate levels in Level FileName,example:world0-1.lvl|world0-5.lvl|Castle.lvl
-The first level is numbered '0',and the second one is numbered '1',and so on.
-Input condition expressions in the long textbox,and level number in the short textbox.The test continues in order from top to bottom.If no conditions are matched,the game will choose the level numbered '0'.
-Level number can also be expressions.Return values are rounded.
-For example,you can make levels that can only enter once with this and global variables.

Misc
-You can customize character names shown in battle mode.
-Merged 'fill' function to the tool bar in the editor and added several types of tools.
-Drawing tools:Rectangle,Andv.Rectangle,Ellipse,Line,Brush(Fill)
-Misc tools:Grids,Copy,Paste,Flip
-Options:Can blocks/NPCs/Backgrounds/Liquids be selected or not.
-Added a protection when using fill function.You will no longer destroy your level.
-Added Overlap function in the editor.When checked,you can place things over others.
-Press 'Shift' when selecting objects in editor will no longer pick the object up.
-Press 'Ctrl' when placing objects on other objects in editor will make the under object copy the properties from the holding object.
-This function will not affect positions,size and id.
-It can not used on backgrounds in level editing mode.It can only used on levels and tiles in world editing mode.
-Additions to Section Cloning function
-You can now only clone NPCs,blocks,backgrounds and liquids of a section.
-Additions to Swap function.
-Moved the function from Debugger to Level Settings
-Can now swap NPCs,backgrounds and blocks.
-Added Y-Level Wrap
-Added Y-Scroll Lock
-Friendly stars are not counted in the debugger.
-Added a option to set the level player teleports in when death
-Use PNG graphic files instead of GIF,Alpha channel fully supported.
-No longer supports GIF files and '-m' files,they will be automatically converted.
-Hint:You can use MarioShop to edit Alpha channels and convert files in large number.
-Screenshot files are now PNG.
-Hold 'F11' key in world map editor will show the visible border in the main game.
-In editor,things in "The Lakitus are throwing Lakitus!" are placed in 'Adv' section of NPC window.
-Added a simple Debugger for world editing mode.Automatically shows up when you turn the grids on.
-NPCs hidden in grasses and other things are now drawn transparently instead of blinking in editor.
-Directions of warps and generators are shown in editor.
-Added 'Open Game Directory' and 'Reset Camera Position' functions in editor.
-You can no longer adjust the size of level window in editor.
-Slightly increased the max amount of some kind of objects.
-The game will not always occupy a whole CPU core.
-Playing sounds can no longer cause random lags.
-Improved Performance.
-Supported music formats:.aiff, .asf, .dls, .flac, .fsb, .it, .m3u, .mid, .midi, .mod, .mp2, .mp3, .ogg, .raw, .s3m, .vag, .wav, .wma, .xm
-If an episode exists in the game folder without a name set in the world editor,it will still show up in the game list in the main game,but with gray fonts.
-Testing levels in editor in fullscreen mode is no longer supported.
-Number of auto-played characters in title screen is now reduced to one.
-Custom Files(including GFX,CNPC,etc)will not be reloaded when you test the level.If you want to reload them, please reopen or save the level.
-Use a new level file format.Old maps can be automatically or manually converted.
-Moved most of the resource files away from the EXE file.
-Intro.lvl and outro.lvl are now hidden,but you can still customize them in the old way.
-Changed some conflicting shortcut keys.

-Added localization files:place them (.lg files) in the same folder smbx.exe in and it will work.
-Using them will take a slightly longer time for the editor to start.
-These files can only be created using a special tool, you can not edit them directly.

Cheat Codes
-Added and removed some cheat codes and changed the effects and names of some cheat codes.
-Cheat codes are disabled in battle mode.

Bugs
-Fixed the 'Out of Memory' crash when trying to open many level files using an old computer.
-FIxed the 'Control array element doesn't exist.'crash using the world editor with custom graphics.
-Fixed the 'Overflow' crash when certain NPCs are fallen into lava.
-Fixed the 'Overflow' crash when some error CNPC codes are loaded.
-Fixed the 'Type mismatch' crash when some error CNPC codes are loaded.
-Fixed the 'Invailed picture','Out of Memory','Cannot create AutoReDraw object' crash when using too much custom graphics in a level using an old computer.
-Fixed the 'Divided by Zero' crash entering a pipe with a fire piranha plant.
-FIxed the bug that level corrupts when game crashes saving a level.
-Fixed the bug that level corrupts when there is '"' in message boxes.
-Fixed the bug that some irregular MP3 files are not played properly.
-Fixed the bug that levels in battle mode can be cleared.
-Fixed the bug that SMW platforms get stuck when overlapped each other.
-Fixed the bug that some blocks behave improperly when become invisible.
-Fixed the bug that some NPCs disappear from time to time.
-Fixed the bug that 'Instant' warps sometimes not working with certain settings.
-Fixed the bug that some warps placed near the level boundary can make players get stuck.
-Fixed the bug that if the game failed to refresh the graphics the images from the last frame will remain.
-Fixed the bug that some looping BGP are not looping properly.
-Fixed the bug that using a BGP with wrong size will make the graphics out of order.
-Fixed the bug that you can get too much lives completing a level near a lot of NPCs.
-Fixed the bug that Pokey will break up when going up a slope.
-Fixed the bug that invisible blocks still blocks some NPCs up.
-Fixed the bug that layer status in Layer window in editor is not refreshed on time when testing a level.
-Fixed the bug that 'mario-5.gif' has an 1-pixel offset.(Since most 'mario-5.gif'in graphic packs now have moved the picture up one pixel,all of them will automatically move one pixel down)
-Fixed the bug that Level-Start and Auto-Start events are not triggered when players have died once.
-Fixed the bug that Auto-Scrolling is only available to Level - Start event.
-Fixed the bug that pressing P-Switch will make the coins and blocks disappear and trigger Death events.
-Fixed the bug that vines are placed overlapped in editor.
-Fixed the bug that some CNPC codes can not apply to certain NPCs and some CNPC codes will make them disappear.
-Fixed some other bugs.
2.0 is finally starting to add NPCs (but ran out of slots) and I am happy about that, but I still don't understand why 1.4 is treated badly. The problem with this is that 1.4 receives less attention. SMBX 1.4 community is so small and is not allowed to discuss in Joey's forum that the engine is not used to its full potential. LunaLua has tutorials and the PGE wiki, so LunaLua looks powerfull. TeaScript has very little help, but I've seen really cool stuff. Catskart and KFCMario has done really cool stuff with little help. If 1.4 just had more attention, more cool and amazing things can done.
But I guess at the end, SMBX is for entertainment. If SMBX was like PowerPoint where you need it to work in order to do work, then yes, you can complain if it doesn't work. SMBX 1.4 just has slightly different physics (which I prefer than those of 1.3). What is the big deal? SMBX is not work, it is for fun. I try to make levels because I like making levels. Is there really suppose to be such a controversy about 1.4?
Links
ImageImageImage

TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend
TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend

Post #12by TheCreator520 » 3 Jul 2016, 9:41

h2643 wrote:Redigit lives in USA which already proves that he's not 5438A38A. And no, it's not that hard to create your own Mario fan-game, which a lot of people including 38A already did and still do. There's no need to know the source code to replicate something, which 38A kinda failed at (just look at 1.4's awful physics and programing!).
The same bugs may still exist either because both Redigit and 38A used old technology to make SMBXs (Visual Basic), or because 38A intentionally added them to make his SMBX bootleg feel more like original SMBX? I have no idea. And why would Redigit rewrite level/world format structure? That just makes no sense.

Off-topic, but this is exactly why I'm against 38A working on SMBX 2.0 - he doesn't know how to use newest technology. The SMBX 2.0 team actually asked him at some point of time to collaborate with them, but he opposed. SMBX 2.0 makes a use of ASM and Lua, and SMBX 1.4..? Only old unstable technology, exactly just like SMBX 1.3.

"The SMBX 2.0 team actually asked him at some point of time to collaborate with them, but he opposed."
Seriously ?
I just asked 38a about this and he said he knows nothing about it . And 38a didsn't even know smbx2.0 before 1.4 was released .
38a doesn't show his contact way easily , BTW . So "The SMBX 2.0 team actually asked him at some point of time to collaborate with them, but he opposed." is completely impossible .

Slash Chen M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Slash Chen M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Tencent QQ

Post #13by Slash Chen » 3 Jul 2016, 13:43

Redigit is just the founder of SMBX, but later because of infringement to develop Terraria. So he's not likely to be active in the SMBX circle. And 5438A38A is a developer of SMBX1.4.X, but also a chinese. So he couldn't be Redigit.

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Skype YouTube VK

Post #14by h2643 » 3 Jul 2016, 15:28

TheCreator520 wrote:Seriously ?
I just asked 38a about this and he said he knows nothing about it . And 38a didsn't even know smbx2.0 before 1.4 was released .
38a doesn't show his contact way easily , BTW . So "The SMBX 2.0 team actually asked him at some point of time to collaborate with them, but he opposed." is completely impossible .
I don't know, that's what Horikawa Otane said in SMBX 2.0 thread.

Sorry for being ignorant and rude.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend
TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend

Post #15by TheCreator520 » 3 Jul 2016, 16:53

h2643 wrote:
TheCreator520 wrote:Seriously ?
I don't know, that's what Horikawa Otane said in SMBX 2.0 thread.
Well in my view , don't you see they said this just because they want to embarrass 38AYoshi021 told us that Joey is thinking about making a section for 1.4 but that is impossible , TOO : 38A has been BANNED in Joey's Smbx forum JUST BECAUSE OF HIS SMBX 1.4 then 1.4 had been banned in Joey's forum Either . They DONT accept smbx1.4 AT ALL .
Also how can you explain "how did the smbx2.0 team know 38a ?" , if you said that 38a wasn't banned and then team asked him for collaborating , how do they know 38a before smbx1.4 ? Once 38a's smbx1.4 have been released , 38a was banned , but if smbx1.4 doesn't be released you prabobly don't even know who is 38a . That doesn't make any sense , so as I said :
THATS COMPELETLY IMPOSSIBLE .

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #16by Yoshi021 » 3 Jul 2016, 18:18

38A is not banned at Joey's forum.
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6612
Also, I can't find Horikawa Otane saying that 38A refused to help 2.0.
Links
ImageImageImage

TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend
TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend

Post #17by TheCreator520 » 4 Jul 2016, 3:28

Yoshi021 wrote:38A is not banned at Joey's forum.
Well thats odd 38a told me that his post get delected and he get banned for a while .

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #18by Catskart » 4 Jul 2016, 11:22

TheCreator520 wrote:
Yoshi021 wrote:38A is not banned at Joey's forum.
Well thats odd 38a told me that his post get delected and he get banned for a while .

This Joey's forum is a dictatorship seriously...
Some members don't ever know that it does no longer obligatory to set our PC's region in chinese.

TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend
TheCreator520
Our friend
Our friend

Post #19by TheCreator520 » 5 Jul 2016, 4:56

Catskart wrote:This Joey's forum is a dictatorship seriously...
Some members don't ever know that it does no longer obligatory to set our PC's region in chinese.
Sounds terrible ...

FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor

Post #20by FanofSMBX » 8 Jul 2016, 19:38

h2643 wrote:Redigit lives in USA which already proves that he's not 5438A38A. And no, it's not that hard to create your own Mario fan-game, which a lot of people including 38A already did and still do. There's no need to know the source code to replicate something, which 38A kinda failed at (just look at 1.4's awful physics and programing!).

That's odd. Why did 38A say no?

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”