Should there ever be a another user that should also work on smbx 1.4?

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #1by andreepika1336 » 12 Jun 2016, 16:23

Why is 5438A38A taking so long to work on smbx 1.4.3, because he has to study in university and his study program was "very loaded" and his winter weekend starts in the middle of January to somewhere in February...

But we need is a another user that is great at programming and very active to polish up the game and bring new updates faster, so we can't spend time waiting for 5438A38A to update the game, here is the example video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPT2OFhrvw&feature=youtu.be&t=4m58s they just recently said that several of the coding needs to be polished more like the ludwig npc ai is bad and it needs to be improved and the physics needs to be also be changed to fix some of the glitches related to the physics in smbx 1.4.2.

Edit: Wohlstand also works on smbx 1.4.2, but he works mostly on PGE, so we still want a another user to work on smbx 1.4.
Last edited by andreepika1336 on 20 Jun 2016, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Website YouTube

Post #2by h2643 » 12 Jun 2016, 16:46

I'd rather wait for PGE to get done rather than relying on a miracle. Nobody can change the coding of SMBX 1.4 because nobody has the source code. Simple as that.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #3by andreepika1336 » 12 Jun 2016, 18:50

h2643 wrote:I'd rather wait for PGE to get done rather than relying on a miracle. Nobody can change the coding of SMBX 1.4 because nobody has the source code. Simple as that.
Oh come on, it will take too long for the devs to finish everything in PGE, we could ask 5438A38A for the source code of smbx 1.4 when he has time for a break on his "very loaded" study program.

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #4by Yoshi021 » 12 Jun 2016, 19:37

I don't mind the waiting as long as 1.4.3 has all of its bugs fixed.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #5by Pilzinsel64 » 12 Jun 2016, 20:40

You all are right.
I need fast support from 5438A38a for my "Super Mario Bros. X Online!
(Like to the post)

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #6by Catskart » 12 Jun 2016, 22:20

Maybe because today is a period for exams ?
38A has few time now, maybe during summer vacation he'll be more available.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #7by Lx Xzit » 13 Jun 2016, 3:11

Why is 5438A38A taking so long to work on smbx 1.4.3
SMBX 1.4.2 was released just 4 months ago, I don't think it's a "long" time. I know the programming process is very complicated so I never expected get SMBX 1.4.3 so soon. And hey, it's not like if we never get new updates, don't forget he's still making patches and fixing bugs.

But we need is a another user that is great at programming and very active to polish up the game and bring new updates faster
I know what you mean but just take someone with programming knowledge isn't enough. This person must understand the way the code works (obviously) and it may be hard. As I know , 5438A38A isn't taking volunteers or he may have already a team, or he prefer work alone for specifically reasons, errh... Idk but my point was, I don't think this will happen.

several of the coding needs to be polished more like...
Everyone know SMBX 1.4 is still WIP and need some fixes, but this isn't the way to ask for more progress. He's making all he what can, just be patient.

And I wonder: Do we at least have the right to claim him for new updates? I mean, he can stop working on this any moment he want, or probably he could stop sending us updates and deserve SMBX 1.4 for chinese users only.

Pilzinsel64 wrote:You all are right.
(Like to the post)
I must agree here, we really need at least a way to contact with him for important things or at least more colaboration of people from tieba.baidu here (yes, I know there are some persons who visits this forum sometimes =P and they have more knowledge than us in SMBX 1.4, they may help us a bit more...)
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #8by andreepika1336 » 15 Jun 2016, 17:57

DarkMecha wrote:I know what you mean but just take someone with programming knowledge isn't enough. This person must understand the way the code works (obviously) and it may be hard. As I know , 5438A38A isn't taking volunteers or he may have already a team, or he prefer work alone for specifically reasons, errh... Idk but my point was, I don't think this will happen.
I did not want 5438A38A acting somewhat like redigit (original creator of smbx) I don't know if he is working alone or not, but we can maybe pm to him to see if he has a team and see if he could agree a request to have a another user to work on smbx 1.4.

DarkMecha wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:You all are right.
(Like to the post)
I must agree here, we really need at least a way to contact with him for important things or at least more colaboration of people from tieba.baidu here (yes, I know there are some persons who visits this forum sometimes =P and they have more knowledge than us in SMBX 1.4, they may help us a bit more...)
Pilzinsel64 should had made baidu account, but if he can't register into tieba.baidu, we might have to get somebody that can help post a thread in smbx baidu forum in here.

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #9by Pilzinsel64 » 15 Jun 2016, 20:03

andreepika1336 wrote:Pilzinsel64 should had made baidu account, but if he can't register into tieba.baidu, we might have to get somebody that can help post a thread in smbx baidu forum in here.

Some weeks ago, i dried to create an account, but i failed mutch of times.
If anybodey would post a link to my thread on the smbx-thread in the baidu-forum, then i will be realy happy.
I hope, that 5438A38A can help me quickly, otherwise i must to close the servers for
levels/useraccounts/episodes/Eventlevels/etc. till 5438A38A will finish smbx 1.4.3.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”