Is it possible to modify the exe file of smbx 1.4.2 and above?

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #1by andreepika1336 » 3 Jun 2016, 23:20

As it says, is it possible to modify the exe file of smbx 1.4.2 and above, and soon we could a get a possibility to hack more stuff than we could ever do in smbx 1.3, and we might soon make it compatible with several smbx extensions (lunalua for example).

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 4 Jun 2016, 14:00

First of all you must unpack it (it has been packed with PE-Compact thing), then disassemble.
With LunaLUA it is NOT compatible, because address space used in LunaLUA to communicate with game engine, made especially for alone SMBX 1.3 build and even rebuilding same source even small change may result different address space.

andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend

Post #3by andreepika1336 » 4 Jun 2016, 22:29

Wohlstand wrote:First of all you must unpack it (it has been packed with PE-Compact thing), then disassemble.
With LunaLUA it is NOT compatible, because address space used in LunaLUA to communicate with game engine, made especially for alone SMBX 1.3 build and even rebuilding same source even small change may result different address space.
But I need to download a exe unpacker with no free trial (if I can't do it, then you will have to do it yourself), but anyways, maybe if we use a hex editing program on smbx 1.4.2 and then compare to its values to smbx 1.3.0.2's, we could possibly find out how to make a port of lunalua for smbx 1.4.2!

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #4by Catskart » 4 Jun 2016, 23:46

Using extractor give you any picture unlike smbx 1.3

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Website YouTube

Post #5by h2643 » 5 Jun 2016, 0:08

Catskart wrote:Using extractor give you any picture unlike smbx 1.3
Extractor works with 1.3 too.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #6by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 2 Jul 2016, 21:05

Extractor didn't show any image files, even if I disabled txt files being scanned.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #7by Wohlstand » 4 Jul 2016, 0:07

beanluv wrote:Extractor didn't show any image files, even if I disabled txt files being scanned.
I told above that this exe is packed (I.e. compressed with a packer utility), therefore disassembly or resource finder takes no effect. Anyway, try to fetch for filedata "resource.tea" file via same extractor tool

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”