Page 1 of 1

Cheatcodes in SMBX-38A

Posted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:05
by Pilzinsel64
What are / Where can i find the complete list of cheatcodes in SMBX-38A?

I know this, but i think we have more then the cheatcodes in this list.

Posted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:09
by h2643
Probably nowhere until 5438A38A will post them himself. I mean that's what Redigit did when supermariobrothers.org was a thing... Most, if not all, of SMBX 1.3 cheat codes still work here though.

Posted: 25 Apr 2016, 21:30
by Pilzinsel64
h2643 wrote:Probably nowhere until 5438A38A will post them himself. I mean that's what Redigit did when supermariobrothers.org was a thing... Most, if not all, of SMBX 1.3 cheat codes still work here though.
Okay, thanks.

Okay, and ... WHAT are the password to use redigitiscool?!?! (it isn't "5438A38A"!)

Image

Posted: 25 Apr 2016, 22:54
by Lx Xzit
If I'd get a coin every time I see someone making this question I'd become millonaire. :P
As h2364 said, we don't know the password (looks like 5438A38A doesn't like the cheaters). The only way to know it would be asking to 5438A38A itself

Posted: 26 Apr 2016, 5:16
by Yave Yu
Okay, and ... WHAT are the password to use redigitiscool?!?! (it isn't "5438A38A"!)

Image
That's a random password, every time are different, so 5438A38A doesn't know it too.

Posted: 26 Apr 2016, 16:52
by Pilzinsel64
DarkMecha wrote:looks like 5438A38A doesn't like the cheaters
And what are the logic at the Cheat-Setting in the worldmap?
Btw, i can't ask himselfe, because i can't chinesisch and i wouldn't like to make me a chinese account on a chinese website.

But thanks!

Posted: 29 Apr 2016, 2:10
by Wohlstand
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
DarkMecha wrote:looks like 5438A38A doesn't like the cheaters
And what are the logic at the Cheat-Setting in the worldmap?
Btw, i can't ask himselfe, because i can't chinesisch and i wouldn't like to make me a chinese account on a chinese website.

But thanks!
Ask him in English, he understands it (btw, Chinglish is fine too :biggrin: )
Anyway, use Google Translation to read what written at Baidu, but you just can use QQ International which in English and no need Chinese. QQ is a popular Chinese messanger and 5438A38A using it. I communicating with him via QQ

Posted: 29 Apr 2016, 21:17
by Pilzinsel64
Added 29 Apr 2016, 21:17:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
DarkMecha wrote:looks like 5438A38A doesn't like the cheaters
And what are the logic at the Cheat-Setting in the worldmap?
Btw, i can't ask himselfe, because i can't chinesisch and i wouldn't like to make me a chinese account on a chinese website.

But thanks!
Ask him in English, he understands it (btw, Chinglish is fine too :biggrin: )
Anyway, use Google Translation to read what written at Baidu, but you just can use QQ International which in English and no need Chinese. QQ is a popular Chinese messanger and 5438A38A using it. I communicating with him via QQ

Okay, thanks! I will use QQ. If i have problems, i will ask you again. :)

Oh ... Can you ask him please? I don't get along with the Chinese websites. :facepalm: Please, ask him. Please.

Posted: 28 May 2016, 15:07
by Coolio__
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
DarkMecha wrote:looks like 5438A38A doesn't like the cheaters
And what are the logic at the Cheat-Setting in the worldmap?
The cheat setting in the world map lets you disable all cheats, allow all cheats, whitelist cheats, or blacklist cheats for your episode. I used it with my episode.

(To use the whitelist or blacklist, enter the cheat name by the big box and press 'Add'. Your cheat should be added to the list.

Posted: 7 Jun 2016, 2:56
by ELY_M
Thanks for the info. I was looking for the password... but I got idea...

you have to reverse engineer the smbx.exe and make a patch to override the password part or set your own password.

Posted: 6 Mar 2017, 14:34
by Mushroom King
I don't know what the deal with cheats, but I was blocked in a map world. It was impossible for me to move to the next level and even after trying to edit the world map it just make it worst because I was now unable to go back to the previous levels/worlds I finished now. I was blocked in the middle of a path so I typed "imtiredofallthiswalking" to be able to move, it was the only option I had BUT of course, I was unable to save now... great.
So I read here it was posible to activate cheats in the world map editor. Cool, maybe I can be able to save after using the code now. Well, it was a HUGE mistake because my old save was just ERASED after saving the map and it changed NOTHING about how cheats are handled by SMBX-38A.
Not everyone use cheats just for cheating, sometimes we must use them for debugging the game like when some stupid glitch put your character inside a wall or you're blocked in a goddamn bugged map, and even so, it's just unfair to block the option because "cheating is baaaaaaaad"! I still pissed for losing my save because of this! :devil:

Posted: 4 Aug 2017, 0:50
by ELY_M
I agree with mushroom king. I dont like how the cheats are handled.

I just typed redigitiscool again. I got password box.
it starts with L now in version 1.4.4.
I did re-type and I still get L.

Posted: 6 Aug 2017, 19:49
by Pilzinsel64
ELY_M wrote:I agree with mushroom king. I dont like how the cheats are handled.

I just typed redigitiscool again. I got password box.
it starts with L now in version 1.4.4.
I did re-type and I still get L.

Open THW wld file in world editor and goto episode settings. There ou can get the password. It depends on the path 2here the episode is located.

If it is an packed episode (.MAP file) then the password will be generated at packing the Map and its a viable at the end dof the log box.

Posted: 6 Aug 2017, 22:02
by Mushroom King
Can you show where the password is with a screenshot? Because the world editor show nothing about it, even in the Cheat Code Setting.

Posted: 7 Aug 2017, 20:50
by ELY_M
I cant find password in the setting either but
I have been playing around with world packing.
this is interesting. here is the screenshot.

Added after 26 minutes 41 seconds:
the password in the log worked for packed .map

Posted: 10 Aug 2017, 13:36
by Pilzinsel64
ELY_M wrote:I cant find password in the setting either but
I have been playing around with world packing.
this is interesting. here is the screenshot.


the password in the log worked for packed .map

The password for vhead codes is the last line at "Code:".

And for unpacked maps just check out the world map settings. I'm on holiday, so I can't shoe you a schreenshort yet.