[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 29

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Website

Post #841by Stardown » 11 Feb 2020, 2:32

Will version 1.4.6 include the changelog?

Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen
Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen

Post #842by Dor_78 » 21 Feb 2020, 22:58

Everything is possible :)

Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen
Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen
Website Youtube channel URL YouTube

Post #843by Chanceux2 » 20 Mar 2020, 2:10

Stardown wrote:Will version 1.4.6 include the changelog?

Who knows? Nobody is in this forum anymore
A stick Figure with Alan Becker and team up with the stick gang. Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #844by Wohlstand » 20 Mar 2020, 10:48

Chanceux2 wrote:Who knows? Nobody is in this forum anymore
It's official place of PGE Project and the European forum for SMBX 38A right now.

HumanReploidJP M
Good citizen
Good citizen
HumanReploidJP M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Website

Post #845by HumanReploidJP » 24 Mar 2020, 17:09

About the 1.4.5 version, as what I've seen on this forum: Allowing it(smbx.exe) while it has a virus won't do anything. I wish maybe in the next version of SMBX because I hate such virus like this one (1.4.5). I wish that was fully cleaned from viruses and no single virus can infect it.

Added after 3 hours 8 minutes:
Also some people might've kept some criticism regarding the (heuristic) virus from 1.4.5, and may even wait until it gets cleaned off in the next patch/version. Not all versions have viruses, so I thought that makes no sense.

Yeah, 1.4.5 may get criticized if that still has problematic comments scrambling, unless it's quarantined and cleaned off.
Hi! I'm back in case some non-SMBX YouTubers are on impact. I'm back to experimenting with TeaScript scripts, yo!

Current Project:
- Super Mario: Star Sighting Paradisland
Next Project (Soon):
- Super Mario: Star Sighting Paradisland Mania

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #846by Void-the-Bat » 28 Mar 2020, 17:27

Glad to know you're alright, 38A. I was about ready to make a post saying that you probably completely moved on, but it's good to see you're still dedicated to fixing up this engine, even if it takes almost 30 patches.
Come join the 38A Discord server!
sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look another Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #847by Eri7 » 30 Mar 2020, 23:15

Hopefully we get 1.4.6 in the future.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #848by Lx Xzit » 31 Mar 2020, 4:29

I hope 1.4.6 bring back 1.4.4 events/npc editor UIs. (other interfaces are fine). They were just great and I don't think they should've been modified. Up to this date, I still find them uncomfortable and hard to navigate.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #849by Eri7 » 31 Mar 2020, 18:27

Lx Xzit wrote:I hope 1.4.6 bring back 1.4.4 events/npc editor UIs. (other interfaces are fine). They were just great and I don't think they should've been modified. Up to this date, I still find them uncomfortable and hard to navigate.
Same opinion, please 38A, give us at least the option to switch between the UIs, the 1.4.5 is just awful.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #850by Void-the-Bat » 31 Mar 2020, 20:04

Eri7 wrote:
Lx Xzit wrote:I hope 1.4.6 bring back 1.4.4 events/npc editor UIs. (other interfaces are fine). They were just great and I don't think they should've been modified. Up to this date, I still find them uncomfortable and hard to navigate.
Same opinion, please 38A, give us at least the option to switch between the UIs, the 1.4.5 is just awful.
I third this notion. Look 38A, I know you and the community haven't gotten along well since the whole Haxagon incident, but it doesn't mean we can't move on from it. Even after everything, there's still a whole community, including me, who still uses your engine because of its simplicity. I also know how difficult it can be to even respond to feedback as well, due to how restricted your internet access is in your country, along with your personal life. Can I also add that it's pretty crazy for me to have found a post of you using an emoticon from a few years back? That's the 38A we want back, the one who was very open and social. I know it's hard for you to move on, but you have to eventually. I don't care about if or when 1.4.6 will happen, to be honest, and neither do a majority of the people who follow your work. If you didn't truly care about your project, then what were the past 29 patches of 1.4.5 for since release? You say you don't care, but I can see that there's still a part of you that does care.
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen
Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #851by Chanceux2 » 1 Apr 2020, 4:51

Void-the-Bat wrote:
Eri7 wrote:
I third this notion. Look 38A, I know you and the community haven't gotten along well since the whole Haxagon incident, but it doesn't mean we can't move on from it. Even after everything, there's still a whole community, including me, who still uses your engine because of its simplicity. I also know how difficult it can be to even respond to feedback as well, due to how restricted your internet access is in your country, along with your personal life. Can I also add that it's pretty crazy for me to have found a post of you using an emoticon from a few years back? That's the 38A we want back, the one who was very open and social. I know it's hard for you to move on, but you have to eventually. I don't care about if or when 1.4.6 will happen, to be honest, and neither do a majority of the people who follow your work. If you didn't truly care about your project, then what were the past 29 patches of 1.4.5 for since release? You say you don't care, but I can see that there's still a part of you that does care.

When 1.4.6 released, I suspect more people coming here
A stick Figure with Alan Becker and team up with the stick gang. Red, Yellow, Blue, and Green

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #852by Void-the-Bat » 1 Apr 2020, 6:22

Chanceux2 wrote:
Void-the-Bat wrote:
Eri7 wrote:

Really dude? You completely missed the point of my post. Not cool.

Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen
Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #853by Chanceux2 » 1 Apr 2020, 20:58

Void-the-Bat wrote:
Chanceux2 wrote:
Void-the-Bat wrote:
Eri7 wrote:

Really dude? You completely missed the point of my post. Not cool.

oh, so people aren't coming here. Anyways not much people are here so if 1.4.6 released, it will be said over in in the SMBX Forums

JonasThePlayer
Passerby
Passerby
JonasThePlayer
Passerby
Passerby

Post #854by JonasThePlayer » 4 Apr 2020, 1:17

Hello, i recommend translating into English

Esta versão do Super Mario Bros X é realmente muito boa, ela adiciona vários itens de jogos oficias do Mario; Como o cogumelo helicóptero, a roupa de sapo, o casco azul do Super Mario Bros. DS e o pinguim de Super Mario Bros. Wii e Wii. U :clapping:

Este é meu primeiro post.
Wohlstand » 4 Apr 2020, 2:03 Remark
If you post messages in native language out of language-specific sections, please give an English translation yourself [Se você postar mensagens no idioma nativo em um local fora de seções específicas do idioma, faça uma tradução em inglês]

Vaggel
Passerby
Passerby
Vaggel
Passerby
Passerby

Post #855by Vaggel » 6 Apr 2020, 16:55

i cant play the game and its says to "get the game archive"
i dont know wut that is

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #856by Wohlstand » 6 Apr 2020, 23:42

Vaggel wrote:i cant play the game and its says to "get the game archive"
i dont know wut that is

The little EXE you got, is a PATCH (a small part of game to apply fix to an old archive), not a game itself! :facepalm:

You need to download the full GAME archive:
And then, copy a content of PATCH over content of GAME folder to apply a fix.

Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen
Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #857by Chanceux2 » 7 Apr 2020, 22:31

Wohlstand wrote:
i dont know wut that is

The little EXE you got, is a PATCH (a small part of game to apply fix to an old archive), not a game itself! :facepalm:

You need to download the full GAME archive:
And then, copy a content of PATCH over content of GAME folder to apply a fix.

Just wondering why it have so many patches. like almost 30

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #858by Wohlstand » 7 Apr 2020, 22:33

Chanceux2 wrote:Just wondering why it have so many patches. like almost 30
First release (which was kept in archive as a "patch-0") was VERY glitchy :SOS: , and 38A worked on bugfixes graduately, and for almost any bug (or a bunch of bugs) he have released a new patch. That was a very often patch producing :download:

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #859by Void-the-Bat » 8 Apr 2020, 7:06

i dont know wut that is
Well, no wonder 38A's missing files message is so insulting. People don't bother to read the entire topic first.

Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen
Chanceux2
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #860by Chanceux2 » 12 Apr 2020, 21:55

Void-the-Bat wrote:
i dont know wut that is
Well, no wonder 38A's missing files message is so insulting.

Yeah, once they made me cry

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”