[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 25

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #801by Lx Xzit » 22 Sep 2019, 10:50

Added in patch 22:

Player
char(1).grabbing (Finally!) = returns the ID of the NPC the player is grabbing, read only.
char(1).pulling
char(1).walljumptimer
char(1).icetimer = stands for the time the player is frozen if hit by an ice ball

Block
block().pcollision
block().ncollision

The last two properties return the type of collision of the blocks; pcollision is for the player and ncollision for npcs.
-1: block not found
Any other value stands for the type of collision, which can be checked in the collision table (just right click any block)
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Ren_ M
Passerby
Passerby
Ren_ M
Passerby
Passerby

Download error

Post #802by Ren_ » 23 Sep 2019, 3:35

When I try to install Smbx, my antivirus cancels the download and shows that a trojan virus was trying to be installed. Is there a fix to this?

Dry Bones M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Dry Bones M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #803by Dry Bones » 24 Sep 2019, 16:08

Ren_ wrote:When I try to install Smbx, my antivirus cancels the download and shows that a trojan virus was trying to be installed. Is there a fix to this?
Not again...38A already wrote on the first page that SMBX is no virus. It's your antivirus sofware that falsely detects it as one. A solution to this is to make an exception for the file in your antivirus scanner.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

My largest Project (to get a better view of the image, click on it (it's too large to be inserted here)):
Spoiler

#RemasterThousandYearDoor

Cedur
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Cedur
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #804by Cedur » 9 Oct 2019, 14:39

This was not a common "oh god 1.4.5 has a virus what is this" post. Downrepping it was a bit harsh.

Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen
Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen

Post #805by Dor_78 » 16 Oct 2019, 21:26

Hello

YellowSc00t M
Passerby
Passerby
YellowSc00t M
Passerby
Passerby
YouTube

Post #806by YellowSc00t » 22 Oct 2019, 4:13

The seesaw platform is a little glitchy when is in movement (SMW lines, wings behavior, etc.), in addition the objects can clip through it. (Putting multiple objects with gravity and collision on a side and jumping constantly on the other side.)
Another day, another level completed.
[line][/line]
[b]Discord:[/b] Ex#1471

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #807by Void-the-Bat » 24 Oct 2019, 1:14

YellowSc00t wrote:The seesaw platform is a little glitchy when is in movement (SMW lines, wings behavior, etc.), in addition the objects can clip through it. (Putting multiple objects with gravity and collision on a side and jumping constantly on the other side.)
Why else would it be in the category clearly labelled "WIP" then?
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby
rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby

Post #808by rodrigo1593 » 26 Oct 2019, 18:26

Wohlstand wrote:
rodrigo1593 wrote:i tried to replicate the bug i found when i viewing some levels of the remastered the invasion. i will upload it to google drive to make easy to view it if anyone wants to see it :D. i will publish it to my youtube channel anyways.
Please use something other BUT Google and YouTube, 38A has no access to that. Don't forget that in China these things are banned. You can use Yandex.Disk as alternative. see the main post, 38A have wrote what sort of things are banned in China and suggested to don't use them.

International Yandex.Disk: https://disk.yandex.net :fox-comando:

thank you. i never used yandex disk xd. here we go https://yadi.sk/i/rIMaLtEOEqyg8g

Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Website

Post #809by Stardown » 6 Nov 2019, 23:35

I finally got 1.4.5 yesterday. So far, it seems to be holding up pretty well, and it actually seems to run a little faster than 1.4.4. I don't use the hidden features from 1.4.4 (I didn't even know they existed for the longest time), so all my levels are intact.

Excitedastroid
Citizen
Citizen
Excitedastroid
Citizen
Citizen

Help!

Post #810by Excitedastroid » 12 Nov 2019, 3:25

Help! Every time I open it, it says this: SMBX init failed, contact developer only if you really don't know why this happened. You can try to disable your anti-virus software and restart this program, if it works, please also report the ErrorID, the bit of your OS and your anti-virus software's name.
ErrorID-C1EA43FB16D5E060(2038.11.03.562D.D6FE) My antivirus is Bitdefender, but I don't think it matters because I whitelisted SMBX. I have a 64-bit PC.

Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen
Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen

Mods support

Post #811by Dor_78 » 13 Nov 2019, 15:44

It's a good idea for this game to have Mods support?

+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #812by +KZ » 13 Nov 2019, 18:51

Dor_78 wrote:It's a good idea for this game to have Mods support?

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

¿as Lunalua?
:ɔ ଇ ଈ چ :Ɖ :ɛ
GOOGLE TRANSLATE
RND

Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen
Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen

Mods support

Post #813by Dor_78 » 13 Nov 2019, 20:07

for 38a :)

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #814by Void-the-Bat » 14 Nov 2019, 23:31

Dor_78 wrote:It's a good idea for this game to have Mods support?
It's called TeaScript.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen
Dor_78
Citizen
Citizen

Mods support

Post #815by Dor_78 » 15 Nov 2019, 21:02

I was referring to something else. OK?

+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #816by +KZ » 16 Nov 2019, 17:55

Dor_78 wrote:I was referring to something else. OK?
If lua are on 38a (but with good wine support)? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
GOOGLE TRANSLATE
RND

Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend
Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend

Post #817by Toy Bonnie » 17 Nov 2019, 19:11

+KZ wrote:
What are you talking about? :xxx:
Not :beta:
:whistle:
:windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :fox:

+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #818by +KZ » 17 Nov 2019, 19:33

Toy Bonnie wrote:
+KZ wrote:
What are you talking about? :xxx:

winehq.org

SMBX (with Lunalua) does not work good at 100% correct with lua scripts, (although with episodes without lunalua it works good)
GOOGLE TRANSLATE
RND

Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Website

Post #819by Stardown » 23 Nov 2019, 0:30

A new error message has appeared. I've loaded 1.4.5 Patch 24 before, but chose to remove the virus my antivirus said I had. When I did, and reloaded SMBX, the following error message appeared:

SDL2Mixer init failed. ([email protected]), all musics and sounds will be disabled, please contact Wohlstand!

Apparently I can use SMBX just fine; I just don't have music and sound. The error message appears once it is 80% loaded.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #820by Wohlstand » 23 Nov 2019, 1:43

Stardown, did you disabled your audio driver? Do you have plugged headphones or speakers? Some stupid audio tools addons for driver (like Realtek AC97 control center, etc.) will make "no audio devices available" when you have no plugged speakers or headphones. You can configure it to keep audio device to always exist with no matter what is actually pugged to prevent this confusion.

Added after 4 minutes 44 seconds:
A most common reason of a such audio initializing error: your audio driver gives no audio devices, OR some another application have monopolized your audio devices and therefore other apps will fail to access it for their sound output. Please check all your other applications, are some of them trying to monopolize an access? So, to avoid this, you should configure your audio device to forbid monopolization. I.e. the same audio output device should can be used by multiple applications in parallel. You'll need to restart all your applications are playing audio to make this change be applied correctly.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”