[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 21

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby
rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby

Post #721by rodrigo1593 » 6 Jul 2019, 20:21

Is Fucking good, im really surprised and im really happy right now :,)
but a thing i doesn`t like is the sun, the sun takes a long time to start to spin, ¿you can make a option to set the delay or time for the sun?. im quite if you can`t. and sorry my english is really bad :c

Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis
Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #722by Coolio__ » 7 Jul 2019, 1:06

....Honestly, what the eff did you do to this game? The editor is so confusing now, most scripts and NPCs are broke, and the game basically breaks almost every level made in 1.4.4. The only good things I have to say about this version would be the world map testing (though the camera is sorta broken when setting a view area) and that the NPCs aren't completely broken but are still very rushed. All you really had to do was keep your promise of removing the hidden features like you said, but instead you removed half of what this game had. Not to mention some things hardly have animations such as the ground pound (there's literally a script that does it better). 1.4.4 >>>>>>>>>>> 1.4.5
~Previously known as DaveDaCat101~
Image (my project)
I Support

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #723by Lx Xzit » 7 Jul 2019, 3:33

Eri7 wrote:you are posting here to complain about this...

Eri seriously, calm down.
To start, you sounded like if you thought it was a competition, and Darkonius just kindly asked you to not doing that. He's not even complaining about anything, no one was talking about 38a, you just brought the topic by yourself. Take a moment to think on what you said, it was incredibly rude.

And for everyone reading this, I encourage you all to bring healthy conversations. Even if you feel unhappy with the game, under ANY circumstance is acceptable going to insults. I'm getting sick of this toxicity.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Bandit
Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Our friend
Our friend

Post #724by Bandit » 7 Jul 2019, 4:03

Bandit wrote:I do not see the need to speak badly about the new features, for me this version is much better than 1.4.4, or it would be if I had a good script system. The only reason no one wants to use version 1.4.5 is because they eliminated half of the script functions. Everyone says that the new features are bad, and it is not because they do not like it, but because they are angry about the eliminated functions. I hope that the next version manages to mix the new features of version 1.4.5 and a good script system, and also add many more things. As I said before, the solution is to take better security measures.
By this I meant that although the new features are good smbx 1.4.5 it is not worth it because your script system is poor and this obiously made to lose all the work we did with the scripts in version 1.4.4 (And there is so much outrage that this caused us that we hardly pay attention to the new features). Maybe I did not express myself correctly.

Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis
Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #725by Coolio__ » 7 Jul 2019, 4:18

Also, I'm not sure if this was added to the changelog, but you can now collect star coins with koopa shells. I tried it when experimenting with stuff.
~Previously known as DaveDaCat101~
Image (my project)
I Support

Nezumi
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Nezumi
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
YouTube

Post #726by Nezumi » 7 Jul 2019, 4:59

The engine optimization is remarkable. But I agree that there are errors and mistakes that I do not know if it was something casual or done at will. I like what you have done to improve it, but it is not enough with everything that broke.

HeroicKyle75
Good citizen
Good citizen
HeroicKyle75
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #727by HeroicKyle75 » 7 Jul 2019, 15:54

The new version is awesome.

One of the major issues I encountered when I migrated my episode is that the npc txt files are not being updated/applied when I played the episode. For instance, an npc-2.txt, in which custom values have been applied to certain attributes like width, length and even let's say... nohurt. The problem with 1.4.5 is that, those txt files are being ignored somehow, thus the default values are overriding the custom ones.

Cedur
Citizen
Citizen
Cedur
Citizen
Citizen

Post #728by Cedur » 7 Jul 2019, 19:26

Lx Xzit wrote:Even if you feel unhappy with the game, under ANY circumstance is acceptable going to insults. I'm getting sick of this toxicity.

there's been enough indignation and damnation, but actual insults towards 38A? Like, where in this thread?

EmeraldMaster777 M
Our friend
Our friend
EmeraldMaster777 M
Our friend
Our friend
Website Twitter

Post #729by EmeraldMaster777 » 7 Jul 2019, 20:44

HEY BOIS, GREAT NEWS ARRAYS ARE BACK IN SMBX 1.4.5 in Patch 3! :clapping:
The Colorful Update: :)

DARK PACK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/epbffmzwmfrwvza/AADBgoPu9GoWHhJzhJWOMaw9a?dl=0

EXTRAS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gi77jvb458wrxbe/AAAEhqooy9xCW_jf9Qo6fm8Oa?dl=0

EXTRAS 2: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vybp3b9ct7urudm/AAAFEQ3TSOc2JhFmJWv8JTt1a?dl=0

SMW Remastered Alpha 1.0 (Cancelled): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/77yv8chapzt2jog/AAD3tu3ka6u8-x7stbTOKDR0a?dl=0

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #730by Lx Xzit » 7 Jul 2019, 20:51

Press "shift" while creating a variable to set its type to Array.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
+KZ
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #731by +KZ » 7 Jul 2019, 21:25

WHAT? SINCE WHEN THIS VERSION WAS OUT :0?
:ɔ ଇ ଈ چ :Ɖ :ɛ

Cedur
Citizen
Citizen
Cedur
Citizen
Citizen

Post #732by Cedur » 8 Jul 2019, 14:00

EmeraldMaster777 wrote:HEY BOIS, GREAT NEWS ARRAYS ARE BACK IN SMBX 1.4.5 in Patch 3! :clapping:

upsetting enough that they were removed in the first place

Iggy M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Iggy M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #733by Iggy » 8 Jul 2019, 22:06

Player offset are now functional as of Patch 4. :)

Conrad.tf
Citizen
Citizen
Conrad.tf
Citizen
Citizen

Post #734by Conrad.tf » 9 Jul 2019, 3:47

Im not sure but the antivirus gets me then the patch is a troyan and deletes it instantly :( .
Also 38A so i see in china theres the big firewall so why dont use a vpn? is prohibited or something?

Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #735by Yave Yu » 9 Jul 2019, 6:59

Conrad.tf wrote:Im not sure but the antivirus gets me then the patch is a troyan and deletes it instantly :( .
Also 38A so i see in china theres the big firewall so why dont use a vpn? is prohibited or something?
Nowaday free VPN is too hard to find in China, most took down...
Visit my YouTube channel Yave Yu!

ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #736by ThatEricGuy » 9 Jul 2019, 16:28

The Patch is treated as a virus.
And if it isn't, I get an error.
[url=https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922]https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922[img]https://i.imgur.com/nOjKwr1.png[/img][/url]

Conrad.tf
Citizen
Citizen
Conrad.tf
Citizen
Citizen

Post #737by Conrad.tf » 9 Jul 2019, 16:41

Yave Yu wrote:
Conrad.tf wrote:Im not sure but the antivirus gets me then the patch is a troyan and deletes it instantly :( .
Nowaday free VPN is too hard to find in China, most took down...
Well i think you can use HMA Pro VPN unless is restricted in china maybe. You only need to install it and use a key. Theres a lot of keys for hma in internet. Maybe this works: 5QDRUC-AD8U2J-4CC7Z6

HugoMDM t
Good citizen
Good citizen
HugoMDM t
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #738by HugoMDM t » 10 Jul 2019, 0:36

Very greate job with the patchs, at first I thought it would be a bad version (because many functions were excluded, especially scripts and exe compilation), and I felt bad about it, but I see that with the patches you have been managing to fix many bugs that 1.4.5 had. , and with this you have brought back many things that are very useful, I can only say that you have been managing to fix the new version little by little, especially I appreciate that you hear us in the bug reports and sometimes in suggestions (I understand you, many suggestions are wrongly made)

BRAVO :clapping:

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #739by donVergas » 10 Jul 2019, 19:48

It says I reached my downlaod limit on the yandex disk, is there any alternate link to download the patch?
-----------------------------------------------------------
:dance1:

MyawCat M
Citizen
Citizen
MyawCat M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #740by MyawCat » 11 Jul 2019, 0:35

donVergas wrote:It says I reached my downlaod limit on the yandex disk, is there any alternate link to download the patch?

The are two other alternative links, have you tried them?

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”