[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 24

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #701by Eri7 » 5 Jul 2019, 12:49

Enjl wrote:
EXEcutor-The-Bat wrote:
Elf of H & L wrote:Luckily, I use SMBX2PAL to build levels / episodes, instead of this buggy + foolish one.
Was shamelessly plugging SMBX2 really necessary?
Hey, at least we don't break the entire game and add features made in 3 hours between releases. And we don't hide things between math puzzles ;p
And dont remove 50% of the scripting functions for no fucking reason and actually fucking care about the community unlike 38A.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #702by Wohlstand » 5 Jul 2019, 13:02

Enjl wrote:
EXEcutor-The-Bat wrote:
Elf of H & L wrote:Luckily, I use SMBX2PAL to build levels / episodes, instead of this buggy + foolish one.
Was shamelessly plugging SMBX2 really necessary?
Hey, at least we don't break the entire game and add features made in 3 hours between releases. And we don't hide things between math puzzles ;p
At the same time we keeping the stuff be free and open source and we are welcome to any contributions! :fox-comando:

Added after 1 minute 39 seconds:
Eri7 wrote:And dont remove 50% of the scripting functions for no fucking reason and actually fucking care about the community unlike 38A.
Reasonable is removing deprecated functions, BUT, with adding warnings on them BEFORE removing them in next release. I.e. Make a release that adds deprecation warnings, and then, make a release (or later) which removes theese deprecated things.

Cedur
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Cedur
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #703by Cedur » 5 Jul 2019, 14:57

Everybody uninstall 1.4.5 and call it a day.

ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #704by ThatEricGuy » 5 Jul 2019, 16:11

[url=https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922]https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922[img]https://i.imgur.com/nOjKwr1.png[/img][/url]

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #705by Lx Xzit » 5 Jul 2019, 19:22

If smbx 1.4.5 doesn't allow arrays nor a way to editing player's offsets, it's just not worth it. I don't care about the new npcs (which are a bit broken, but can be fixed after all), but the damage of removing these two functions is unrecoverable. I won't support SMBX 1.4.5 until these things get added back.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

del
del

Post #706by del » 5 Jul 2019, 21:31

I was on that sheet earlier when someone typed out the message "SMBX2 is better although its devs are shit". I typed a paragraph inviting that person to elaborate on that claim, after which they questioned my identity and deleted the entire conversation from the spreadsheet.
If whoever did that would like to help us become less shit, they're free to PM me here on the forums in order to continue the conversation. I'm very interested in hearing critique to how we run things and feedback to how we can do things better. Codehaus (discord) is always open for that kind of conversation and, as I said, my PM here now too.

Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Stardown
Our friend
Our friend
Website

Post #707by Stardown » 5 Jul 2019, 22:16

I found a virus when downloading 1.4.5:

Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl

It can "perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC," according to Microsoft. What if 38A is that hacker? :P

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #708by donVergas » 6 Jul 2019, 1:54

Well, I think its great tbh

I have only one bug, that I can't use the "enter" key. so I can't click on save and continue, or save and quit
-----------------------------------------------------------
:dance1:

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #709by donVergas » 6 Jul 2019, 1:57

I think it is great tbh. I am enjoying it so far

I only have encountered a small bug until now, which is that I can't click on Save and Continue or Save and Quit... seems like the "enter" button is actually not even functioning

not complaining though, the update is fantastic :music:

GianaSistersfan64 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
GianaSistersfan64 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Website

Post #710by GianaSistersfan64 » 6 Jul 2019, 2:02

This version is a huge disappointment, because it remove the half of the scripting functions, even though it add new interesting NPCs. :bads:

if only someone was enough courageous to recreate SMBX 1.4.4 from A to Z and add new features instead of removing.

Definitely not going to convert my project to this. :hmm:
Sorry for grammar, i'm french and dysphasia.

Bandit
Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Our friend
Our friend

Post #711by Bandit » 6 Jul 2019, 6:38

I do not see the need to speak badly about the new features, for me this version is much better than 1.4.4, or it would be if I had a good script system. The only reason no one wants to use version 1.4.5 is because they eliminated half of the script functions. Everyone says that the new features are bad, and it is not because they do not like it, but because they are angry about the eliminated functions. I hope that the next version manages to mix the new features of version 1.4.5 and a good script system, and also add many more things. As I said before, the solution is to take better security measures.

Elf of H & L
Marquis
Marquis
Elf of H & L
Marquis
Marquis
Website

Post #712by Elf of H & L » 6 Jul 2019, 6:46

This version is super-duper bullshit than UniMaker 1.S. Some useful features are removed, plus randomly runtime error 9 crash.
Formerly known as Love Bodhi
Check out my SMBX Projects - Fairy Tale Projects:
Mario in Wonderland 2
Mario in Wonderland Revolution

I can't use Discord on my location anymore, sorry for inconvenience.

I'm working a soundfont which is called The Multi-Elemental SoundFont.
This time is SC-8850 Compatible.
G4, G15, G60, G65, G92, no replacements exist at all......

I'm using setBfree to create organs, as well as ZynSubAddFX, Dexed and Surge to create instruments that other than non-FM organs.

黄色迎春点缀美丽仙境,花仙的精灵啊,请你伴随着我的声音歌唱吧!

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #713by Eri7 » 6 Jul 2019, 11:35

Bandit wrote:I do not see the need to speak badly about the new features, for me this version is much better than 1.4.4, or it would be if I had a good script system. The only reason no one wants to use version 1.4.5 is because they eliminated half of the script functions. Everyone says that the new features are bad, and it is not because they do not like it, but because they are angry about the eliminated functions. I hope that the next version manages to mix the new features of version 1.4.5 and a good script system, and also add many more things. As I said before, the solution is to take better security measures.

Clearly you are not a scripter. Seeing how your hard work that you put years into suddenly doesn't work anymore on the new update is enough to stop a large part of community from using 1.4.5. We can imitate a lot of the new features/NPCs and IMO this editor UI is worse than the last one. The new NPCs are extremely buggy and the some of the current script functions that survived have bugs as well like the bitmap system. On top of that, 38A managed to divide the community only to "punish" us. He doesn't care about this community, he said it himself. His childish behavior will continue to slowly kill this community. It has been dying at a fast pace since last update. It was bigger than the 2.0 community and now we are ants compared to them. 1.4.5 is a downgrade and very disrespectful towards this community. If you don't know what is the feeling of spending over 200 hours on your scripts and writing over 6000 lines of code only to see that it doesn't work on 1.4.5, then you have never used scripts.

Cedur
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Cedur
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #714by Cedur » 6 Jul 2019, 11:46

If you ignore or downplay the massive complaints on 1.4.5 you get a downrep.

Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor
Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor

Post #715by Darkonius Mavakar » 6 Jul 2019, 12:47

"It was bigger than the 2.0 community and now we are ants compared to them."

Please stop treating this like a competition, thanks.
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1805

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #716by donVergas » 6 Jul 2019, 13:37

does the first mirror download include the patch?

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #717by Eri7 » 6 Jul 2019, 14:31

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:"It was bigger than the 2.0 community and now we are ants compared to them."

Please stop treating this like a competition, thanks.

Lmao you are posting here to complain about this but not about the fact that 38A is failing in every aspect of being a good developer? And who the fuck said I am treating this like a competition. I give 0 fucks about what happens next, people like me are already cucked and you should be happy your developers behave like actual human beings when we have a childish tyrant who sees us as disposable garbage.

Wohlstand » 6 Jul 2019, 21:02 Warning for 14 days
Please don't be rude in next time.

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #718by donVergas » 6 Jul 2019, 17:12

Some NPCs on the editor are not working

the SMB3 flame for example

litteryoshi
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
litteryoshi
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Tencent QQ

Post #719by litteryoshi » 6 Jul 2019, 18:21

Svoboda~~Volga!
Ahh nu cheeki breeki iv damki!

Edit by Wohlstand
Text is Russian transliteration:

Code: Select all

Свобода Волга!
Ах ну чики-брики и в дамки!

Code: Select all

Freedom, Volga!
Ah well, chiki briks and ladies!

"lady" is in Russian slang a checkers term that means a power checker that have reached other side of the desk. It's able to move unlimitely far long when all regular checkers can move only one cell.

Oh blin Here comes the explaination
Well I just want to make some NON-directional and totally pointless jokes for this mess. So I quote some lines from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series . That's all .
But Obviously I have NO necessary to post this reply .

lol, shik, otlichno!
Good joke then! :) :fox:
Last edited by litteryoshi on 7 Jul 2019, 8:45, edited 2 times in total.
A normal smbx editor and normal toho fan(?) from China.
Wohlstand » 6 Jul 2019, 21:08 Remark
Please explain foreign-language jokes in spoliers to avoid confusion of people aren't familiar with this.

itsudemobokuga
Citizen
Citizen
itsudemobokuga
Citizen
Citizen

Post #720by itsudemobokuga » 6 Jul 2019, 20:12

Stardown wrote:I found a virus when downloading 1.4.5:

Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl

It can "perform a number of actions of a malicious hacker's choice on your PC," according to Microsoft. What if 38A is that hacker? :P
wtf i received the same issue. does anyone else also got this too?
inactive. im more active on discord/deviantart/twitter (oh and im an artist too!)
deviantart.com/ruegen
twitter.com/rueqen
https://discord.gg/q45dyHr

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”