Page 27 of 44

Posted: 27 Dec 2017, 21:13
by EmeraldMaster777
Currently awaiting the next big update to SMBX 1.4, and 38A to let you know I'm very glad you made this fanmade version of SMBX. Also, I know you're busy though, and I want hopefully reply and give us some sort of a small hint on the progress of the next update. I'm not begging I'm mainly just am hoping for more hints that's it, also I hope you had a great christmas and to conclude I am hoping for a great 2018 for SMBX-38A! :biggrin: :hi: :guard: :mrgreen:

Posted: 28 Dec 2017, 4:31
by Void-the-Bat
Dry Bones wrote:
EXEcutor-The-Bat wrote:
the GaMERDoG wrote:
smbx1.png

^ why this happens?
Wait, do you mean the splash screen background slightly changing colors? I've actually noticed this myself. Anybody else?
Noticed it too. It seems to change color with time. Some time ago, it looked a bit more green-ish, now it's only green on the top, more or less gradually to blue on the botom of the Background. The sky color changed too, changing from bright yellow before to light spring green.
Yeah, I took a few screenshots at different times and compared them, and the colors definitely change. I thought maybe it would look white during the winter, but oh well. If the color changes based on the time of day, then the BG would be much darker at that time, so it's hard to believe that it changes based on an hourly basis.

Posted: 31 Dec 2017, 6:22
by Jackson455
is the SMBX38A abandoned now?

Posted: 31 Dec 2017, 7:05
by PK Esper
Jackson455 wrote:is the SMBX38A abandoned now?
We're not entirely sure if it was or not.

Legend says that 38A already got insulted a lot. However that either nescessarily or not means that the engine itself got abandoned.

Posted: 1 Jan 2018, 22:53
by Stardown
Jackson455 wrote:is the SMBX38A abandoned now?
If I'm right, it could be released in late February, just like the last two years.

Posted: 2 Jan 2018, 0:29
by Lavantablaze
I DON'T UNDERSTAND.. why the smw cave background not moving anymore its a frozen background now on smbx 1.4.4 any help?

Added after 7 minutes 10 seconds:
Background help smbx 1.4.4?
Can anyone help me on this if u understand, the smw cave background and smw underwater background not moving anymore its a frozen background now...any help making it move again?

Posted: 2 Jan 2018, 17:58
by Mushroom King
I don't have this problem with these background. Everything is "moving". Are you using any custom background with only 1 frame?

Posted: 2 Jan 2018, 18:35
by Lavantablaze
Mushroom King wrote:I don't have this problem with these background. Everything is "moving". Are you using any custom background with only 1 frame?
Nope its confusing because the 4 frames not moving while i play it, (smw cave, smw underwater, smb3 waterfall background) any help making them animate again like the 1.3.0?

Posted: 12 Jan 2018, 12:51
by FlyingCarParts
Just made an account.

Entering this specific level brings me the run-time error 9 message.
level.png
runtime.png
levelb.png

While the error pops up, the visual gets stuck on the pre-level image of Mario with his life count but the music plays normally.
I've done some searching prior to this reply. If I understand correctly: it seems one factor into triggering this error is a conflict between the game and the system locale. Or another factor may be because of something relating to too many in-level objects being loaded, or some sort of level event takes place that the engine doesn't like.
However, I know for a fact that I have never changed the locale on this computer specifically.
locale.png

Also, I have not tampered around in the level editor whatsoever if that helps.
Not sure what I may be doing wrong.
I am running Windows 8.1, and using the latest (1.4.4 Patch 2) version of SMBX. Let me know if there is any other info I can provide.

On a side note, thank you to the people who worked on this beautiful fan game. It has been a wild ride so far. I cannot praise this enough.

Posted: 14 Jan 2018, 22:09
by Void-the-Bat
FlyingCarParts wrote:Just made an account.

Entering this specific level brings me the run-time error 9 message.
level.png
runtime.png
levelb.png

While the error pops up, the visual gets stuck on the pre-level image of Mario with his life count but the music plays normally.
I've done some searching prior to this reply. If I understand correctly: it seems one factor into triggering this error is a conflict between the game and the system locale. Or another factor may be because of something relating to too many in-level objects being loaded, or some sort of level event takes place that the engine doesn't like.
However, I know for a fact that I have never changed the locale on this computer specifically.
locale.png

Also, I have not tampered around in the level editor whatsoever if that helps.
Not sure what I may be doing wrong.
I am running Windows 8.1, and using the latest (1.4.4 Patch 2) version of SMBX. Let me know if there is any other info I can provide.

On a side note, thank you to the people who worked on this beautiful fan game. It has been a wild ride so far. I cannot praise this enough.
I have actually had similar errors but were triggered when grabbing specific warps in the editor. If you'd like to know what I mean, go to the SMB2 night level (with the vases underground and stuff) in the editor and grab the warp in the upper right corner of the screen. I also occasionally get one where it states file not found, but it's obvious what it means because it can't find the level file because SMBX is on a flash drive and sometimes it accidentally disconnects. There are also a few levels I tried loading that gave me an error, if I remember correctly.

Posted: 15 Jan 2018, 2:17
by Stardown
I've noticed that some 1.3 levels played in 1.4.4 aren't exactly playable without editing. The Invasion and its sequel were made for 1.3. Maybe this is one of the problems?

Posted: 15 Jan 2018, 6:33
by Void-the-Bat
Stardown wrote:I've noticed that some 1.3 levels played in 1.4.4 aren't exactly playable without editing. The Invasion and its sequel were made for 1.3. Maybe this is one of the problems?
This may be. I am currently trying to optimize it so it will work with the 38A version. Most of it has been procrastinating, of course.

Posted: 17 Jan 2018, 3:16
by FlyingCarParts
I remember receiving similar errors pop up infrequently. It only got that bad on this one level. Can't enter it to progress. I have not been able to find a workaround route, sadly.

Posted: 18 Jan 2018, 3:15
by EmeraldMaster777
I hope the update being worked on! :)

Posted: 21 Jan 2018, 8:58
by Lx Xzit
Anyone know how to use this?
Image
Original link: https://s14.postimg.org/gudjun6pd/Sin_t_tulo.png

Posted: 27 Jan 2018, 2:47
by ZackExe
Man.., that game.., long good times.

SMBX 1.4.4 Isn't Opening!

Posted: 30 Jan 2018, 23:05
by Spectra
Why is that?

Posted: 1 Feb 2018, 1:07
by PK Esper
Bigadre wrote:Why is that?
What do you mean?

SMBX 1.4 Release Theory:

Posted: 1 Feb 2018, 3:14
by EmeraldMaster777
I have a theory... a game theory that the release schedule for 1.4 updates are on a pattern (as of recently). Example, February 21, 2016 was the release of 1.4.2 on a SUNDAY! (keep that in mind). Second example, February 23, 2017 was the release of 1.4.4 which is a THURSDAY! Now, 38A usually would release an update in the winter/spring period and or fall period of the year. Since there was no update for 1.4 in fall 2017. That means 38A knew that we were thinking the update would be near, but oh were we so wrong. Now to the point of this theory (fangame theory), 38A would release 1.4.5 anytime over the week of February 19, 2018- February 24, 2018. ;-)

But that's just a theory........ A GAME THEORY ON SMBX!!!! ;-)

Posted: 2 Feb 2018, 4:05
by Stardown
EmeraldMaster777 wrote:I have a theory... a game theory that the release schedule for 1.4 updates are on a pattern (as of recently). Example, February 21, 2016 was the release of 1.4.2 on a SUNDAY! (keep that in mind). Second example, February 23, 2017 was the release of 1.4.4 which is a THURSDAY! Now, 38A usually would release an update in the winter/spring period and or fall period of the year. Since there was no update for 1.4 in fall 2017. That means 38A knew that we were thinking the update would be near, but oh were we so wrong. Now to the point of this theory (fangame theory), 38A would release 1.4.5 anytime over the week of February 19, 2018- February 24, 2018. ;-)

But that's just a theory........ A GAME THEORY ON SMBX!!!! ;-)
Great theory! I was actually thinking something similar!