[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 23

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #101by ILikeWoods » 21 May 2016, 17:40

so we can use features from smbx 1.4 with lunalua
I have heared about it once or twice, or rather I did read about it, but I think it somehow exceeds my knowledge (which isn`t that great in these matters anyway).

BTW: Thanks for the info!

Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Age: 19
Reputation: 139
Posts: 675
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #102by Yoshi021 » 21 May 2016, 18:58

If SMBX 1.4 has lunalua compatibility, then you have one powerful engine that can do everything.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Catskart M
Count
Count
Avatar
Catskart M
Count
Count
Age: 20
Reputation: 144
Posts: 260
Joined: 29 Nov 2015
Location: France

Post #103by Catskart » 21 May 2016, 20:05

Seriously ?
It's a great idea, but there isn't a problem or conflict if we use two programmings languages ?

Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Age: 19
Reputation: 139
Posts: 675
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #104by Yoshi021 » 21 May 2016, 20:11

I think its suppose to be like a luna -> teascript translator, but I assume that means more script functions.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #105by ILikeWoods » 21 May 2016, 22:35

Catskart wrote:Seriously ?
It's a great idea, but there isn't a problem or conflict if we use two programmings languages ?
Like Beer + Yoghourt. Won`t go well together... as I learned from a video.

On a serious note: I just would be happy if the next update(s) would supply some remaining functions and typical mario bros "idiosyncrasies" (like the flag pole and a proper working Starman etc.). At the end at least I just want to create some levels ... for a friend mostly through.

Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Age: 19
Reputation: 139
Posts: 675
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #106by Yoshi021 » 21 May 2016, 23:02

Well, I don't think we are getting lunalua compatibility, but it would be cool. The main thing I am looking for in the next update are bug-fixes.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 38
Posts: 226
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #107by Pilzinsel64 » 22 May 2016, 9:59

ILikeWoods wrote:Does anybody know if the next version is about to get released any time soon? I am really curious about new features and hope for some general bug fixes which are somehow annoying or even "game breaking".

Something else, I don`t really understand HOW I have to set up the keys to my xbox controller with that Joytokey program. I created a profile and linked it to the desired exe file but from that point I am stuck ...

These are my old control settings from previous SMBX versions, which I would like to have within 1.4.X as well.

Image

as Text:
Run - 2
Alt Run - 5
Jump - 0
Alt Jump - 3
Drop Item - 1
Pause - 7


Joytokey will virtually press keys on your keyboard. So, you need to select "Keyboard" as Input in SMBX.

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #108by ILikeWoods » 31 May 2016, 18:33

Well, I haven`t figured how that tool is working, I really don`t get it. I still want to use my Xbox controller as like as done in 1.3. Re-adding the controller support shouldn`t be a big deal for him. I'll keep my fingers crossed for corresponding support in the next release - hopefully soon.

Something else:
Has 3A considered to take sounds-resource.com as a .. duh - resource for the required sound effects, specially for "mario maker" features?

OveralldPlumber M
Duke
Duke
Avatar
OveralldPlumber M
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 26
Posts: 110
Joined: 26 Mar 2016
Location: Somewhere in South America's biggest country
Website Google+ Skype Twitter YouTube

Post #109by OveralldPlumber » 31 May 2016, 18:47

ILikeWoods wrote:Well, I haven`t figured how that tool is working, I really don`t get it. I still want to use my Xbox controller as like as done in 1.3. Re-adding the controller support shouldn`t be a big deal for him. I'll keep my fingers crossed for corresponding support in the next release - hopefully soon.

Something else:
Has 3A considered to take sounds-resource.com as a .. duh - resource for the required sound effects, specially for "mario maker" features?

Ok...

I'll explain.

Hold a button on your controller, so it lights up in the program.

Image

Choose a key for that button that lit up in the program by double clicking it.

Image

Do the same for every other key.

Image


If you STILL don't get it, just search it up on YouTube. Because I'm not your kindergarden teacher. (IT'S AN UNDERTALE REFERENCE, FOR WHOEVER THINK'S I'M SERIOUS.)
Last edited by OveralldPlumber on 1 Jun 2016, 2:06, edited 5 times in total.
Image
Image


PS: I'm not actually dead! Just not active on the forums, if you wanna talk to me I'm mostly active on discord. Add me! Ray#6488

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #110by ILikeWoods » 31 May 2016, 19:53

SuperMarioTM wrote:
ILikeWoods wrote:Because I'm not your kindergarden teacher.
Protip: If that is your true nature or having a low limit of tolerance, I wouldn`t bother helping in the first place the next time (I haven`t even asked you directly or something, it was an open question). It is not like I have asked a thousand times or wouldn`t have tried to understand it myself. Really, this is really ridiculous. Just imagine, somethimes people have problems to understand something, this can happen for various reasons. Considering you are just a couple of years older than me, your reply is kind of shocking. I would have expected it on youtube or something, but seeing it here is kind of sad.
If you wanna explain something, the other person is usually always ignorant. And if you just add an outgrowth like that at the end, it won`t really help anybody, neither the person you are attacking it with, nor yourself, since it makes you hate helping people. In the long run you think of yourself as almighty. I think you can imagine the after effects, right? And if you just have had a shitty day or something, I would recommend you, to hold yourself back from doing so, specially in open forums. BTW: I could have easily included a few "good lines" myself, but I don`t think it is always a good idea ...

OveralldPlumber M
Duke
Duke
Avatar
OveralldPlumber M
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 26
Posts: 110
Joined: 26 Mar 2016
Location: Somewhere in South America's biggest country
Website Google+ Skype Twitter YouTube

Post #111by OveralldPlumber » 1 Jun 2016, 1:51

SuperMarioTM wrote:
ILikeWoods wrote:Because I'm not your kindergarden teacher.
Protip: If that is your true nature or having a low limit of tolerance, I wouldn`t bother helping in the first place the next time (I haven`t even asked you directly or something, it was an open question). It is not like I have asked a thousand times or wouldn`t have tried to understand it myself. Really, this is really ridiculous. Just imagine, somethimes people have problems to understand something, this can happen for various reasons. Considering you are just a couple of years older than me, your reply is kind of shocking. I would have expected it on youtube or something, but seeing it here is kind of sad.
If you wanna explain something, the other person is usually always ignorant. And if you just add an outgrowth like that at the end, it won`t really help anybody, neither the person you are attacking it with, nor yourself, since it makes you hate helping people. In the long run you think of yourself as almighty. I think you can imagine the after effects, right? And if you just have had a shitty day or something, I would recommend you, to hold yourself back from doing so, specially in open forums. BTW: I could have easily included a few "good lines" myself, but I don`t think it is always a good idea ...
tl;dr.

Also, that was an Undertale reference.

Image
ILikeWoods wrote:Considering you are just a couple of years older than me,

The age on my profile is just Mario's age, considering he's been created in 1981. So, I'm not actually 34.
Image
Image


PS: I'm not actually dead! Just not active on the forums, if you wanna talk to me I'm mostly active on discord. Add me! Ray#6488

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 38
Posts: 226
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

NEW VERSION - 3th fix is up!

Post #112by Pilzinsel64 » 1 Jul 2016, 9:52

Today 5438A38A updloaded a new fix.
Here is the download till Wohlsoft uploaded it to his website:
Download from my Mediafire
Download from pan.baidu.com

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 27
Reputation: 387
Posts: 1426
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #113by Wohlstand » 1 Jul 2016, 10:16

Wait a sec, I'll apply patch

Added after 47 minutes 6 seconds:
Done, all published archives are been updated ;-)
I also added fixed SDL Mixer X where I fixed file identification by magic number (to don't have shit after renaming of extension, for example, ogg into mp3)

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 38
Posts: 226
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #114by Pilzinsel64 » 1 Jul 2016, 11:11

Wohlstand wrote:Done, all published archives are been updated ;-)
I also added fixed SDL Mixer X where I fixed file identification by magic number (to don't have shit after renaming of extension, for example, ogg into mp3)

What exactly did 5438A38A changed? Do you have any notes from him?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 27
Reputation: 387
Posts: 1426
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #115by Wohlstand » 1 Jul 2016, 13:58

Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:Done, all published archives are been updated ;-)
I also added fixed SDL Mixer X where I fixed file identification by magic number (to don't have shit after renaming of extension, for example, ogg into mp3)

What exactly did 5438A38A changed? Do you have any notes from him?
He told me in QQ that he did bug fixes only, new features he will add in next versions

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 38
Posts: 226
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #116by Pilzinsel64 » 1 Jul 2016, 14:30

Wohlstand wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:Done, all published archives are been updated ;-)
I also added fixed SDL Mixer X where I fixed file identification by magic number (to don't have shit after renaming of extension, for example, ogg into mp3)

What exactly did 5438A38A changed? Do you have any notes from him?
He told me in QQ that he did bug fixes only, new features he will add in next versions

Oh ... this is bad, because now i need to delete someting of the server in SMBX Online, because i need to wait for the next version.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 27
Reputation: 387
Posts: 1426
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #117by Wohlstand » 1 Jul 2016, 14:44

Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:Done, all published archives are been updated ;-)
I also added fixed SDL Mixer X where I fixed file identification by magic number (to don't have shit after renaming of extension, for example, ogg into mp3)

What exactly did 5438A38A changed? Do you have any notes from him?
He told me in QQ that he did bug fixes only, new features he will add in next versions

Oh ... this is bad, because now i need to delete someting of the server in SMBX Online, because i need to wait for the next version.
Anyway, good news that latest feature of SDL Mixer X (which works in PGE and LunaLUA SMBX) - a MIDI arguments - now works here! ;-)
I just re-uploaded fix (because he made it just now and sent me), so, patch here: http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/SMBX_38A/smbx-1-4-2-patch-3.7z

Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Moderator
Moderator
Age: 19
Reputation: 139
Posts: 675
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #118by Yoshi021 » 1 Jul 2016, 21:05

It seems all of the glitches involving Yoshi are gone.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation: 265
Posts: 601
Joined: 9 Nov 2015
Website

Post #119by Lx Xzit » 1 Jul 2016, 21:19

Yay a patch! I just made a quick test and as Yoshi021 said, looks like all the Yoshi's bugs gone, that's great! I'm not completely sure but looks like he made some frames improvements, the Shell and Frog Suit seems have better animations now, however not sure if it's only my impresion. And maybe he made the Easter egg minigames a bit easier

Added after 5 hours 18 minutes:
Ehm... with this patch the game won't load custom sounds, this happened will all level I'm currently using custom sounds. In the world map, when I test the custom sounds they works perfectly, but in the levels it doesn't, it's muted! Hope they can fix this issue, meanwhile I'll be using the previous patch.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Image

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 38
Posts: 226
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #120by Pilzinsel64 » 2 Jul 2016, 8:47

DarkMecha wrote:And maybe he made the Easter egg minigames a bit easier
This would be nice!


Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”

Who is online (over the past 5 minutes)

Users browsing this forum: 18 guests