[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 22

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #161by Lx Xzit » 5 Sep 2016, 6:29

Thanks! BTW I just realized I can't use the tool of copy and flip objects, when I click on the tools they will self-deactivate.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

MarioKirby101
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
MarioKirby101
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #162by MarioKirby101 » 5 Sep 2016, 8:20

This happened out of nowhere...
In all seriousness though I'm definitely using the flagpole for my SMB1 Project! Glad this came out.

TheGreatMarioPerson
Count
Count
TheGreatMarioPerson
Count
Count

Post #163by TheGreatMarioPerson » 5 Sep 2016, 8:29

Cool smbx 1.4.3 is out?!? Awesome!
Current Project: TLOM The Tale of The Star Spirits & MarioTale
Future Project: TLOM Attack on Dinosaur Island
I am a shy person, i dont talk to ppl very much but i can get REALLY
pissed off easy! :mad:

Im supporting this projects:
Spoiler
My Project: Image
Someone elses projects:

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #164by Pilzinsel64 » 5 Sep 2016, 10:41

Realy nice update! Thanks for the new int-process cominication.

Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
YouTube

Post #165by Marioisfan12 » 5 Sep 2016, 11:56

Hi 5438A38A,
If I'd like to change Peach's levitation, could I? I talk for my episode, I don't like the way she floats... If I'd like to change it, could I? If yes, how? How can I change characters' physics?
Thank you....
Ψ

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #166by Lx Xzit » 5 Sep 2016, 12:32

You can't modify it. However the best thing you can do is -give tips about how Peach fly will be better, you can make an analysis of what you don't like or her fly and make a report, so that 5438A38A can improve her flight. I also do not like the Peach flight, I wouldn't like complaint about it right but all the physics are perfect except for this in my personal opinion. :/

I don't like the way the flight is too short and fast, I'd lover the flight be exactly like SMBX 1.3, there's something weird on her fly but I can figure exactly what it is. Anyway I will try to give a detailed report later, so far all I can say is that the flight would be better if it's just a bit slower. Also I'make not sure is she flies a spec between 6 pixels (as she should I think).

Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
YouTube

Post #167by Marioisfan12 » 5 Sep 2016, 12:44

Lx Xzit wrote:You can't modify it. However the best thing you can do is -give tips about how Peach fly will be better, you can make an analysis of what you don't like or her fly and make a report, so that 5438A38A can improve her flight. I also do not like the Peach flight, I wouldn't like complaint about it right but all the physics are perfect except for this in my personal opinion. :/

I don't like the way the flight is too short and fast, I'd lover the flight be exactly like SMBX 1.3, there's something weird on her fly but I can figure exactly what it is. Anyway I will try to give a detailed report later, so far all I can say is that the flight would be better if it's just a bit slower. Also I'make not sure is she flies a spec between 6 pixels (as she should I think).
I'd like the SMBX 1.4.2 flight: it was incredible....
I'd like also to make it longer if possible... Maybe 5-6 seconds of flight
I'm going to use her abilities for my episode, and if I can't improve Peach's flight, I should delete my project :(

Added after 1 minute 25 seconds:
Lx Xzit wrote:You can't modify it. However the best thing you can do is -give tips about how Peach fly will be better, you can make an analysis of what you don't like or her fly and make a report, so that 5438A38A can improve her flight. I also do not like the Peach flight, I wouldn't like complaint about it right but all the physics are perfect except for this in my personal opinion. :/

Also thank you if you report... Also SMBX 1.4.2 flight goes well... Good luck :)
Ψ

PROX
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
PROX
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #168by PROX » 6 Sep 2016, 2:03

I think the custom npcs that people have made here should be integrated in future updates such as the charging chucks, whomps, missile bills, etc.

Alvespires M
Count
Count
Alvespires M
Count
Count

Post #169by Alvespires » 6 Sep 2016, 2:19

Everyone worried about npcs and everything I want for next update is alternatives to player choose :dance:
"This giant fish is a mouth breeder, so it spits babies out of its mouth at Mario." - Nintendo Power Strategy Guide for Super Mario Bros. 3

I didn't left this forum. I still come here every in a while but I don't really have anything to say.

I think I also probably lost it.

I'm supporting:

Spoiler

Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis
Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis

Post #170by Mushroom King » 6 Sep 2016, 17:10

Great update.
I would appreciate a lot if the next update make the gameplay with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad a little more like in SM3DW.
Particulary Luigi's Scuttle.

FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor

Post #171by FanofSMBX » 7 Sep 2016, 3:08

Thank you for the nice update. Now in 1.4.3 @5438A378A does Peach, Toad and Link have ability to ride on Yoshis and use Mega Mushroom? Sorry to bug you, but adding this feature would be helpful, to have more players that can use these items to make a episode where you can use all players. Thank you!

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #172by Lx Xzit » 7 Sep 2016, 8:31

Marioisfan12 wrote:I'm going to use her abilities for my episode, and if I can't improve Peach's flight, I should delete my project :(

Actually I just noticed the Peach's fly it's exactly like SMBX 1.3 but with the difference it's faster, if it's a bit slower would be perfect! and don't worry, I guess it will be polished later, I'd suggest use Peach to your project. 5438A38A if you're reading this, can you please make the flight just a bit slower? (I mean the velocity she ascends/descends) thanks!

PROX wrote:I think the custom npcs that people have made here should be integrated in future updates such as the charging chucks, whomps, missile bills, etc.
I'm totally right with that, the NPCs TheCreator520 did are fantastic and I'd love see them integrated in the game by default, specially the chargin' chucks, (but I guess it's not a big deal because it's relatively easy to use them)

Mushroom King wrote:Great update.
I would appreciate a lot if the next update make the gameplay with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad a little more like in SM3DW.
Particulary Luigi's Scuttle.

That's a good suggestion. I don't know if someone has noticed this but 5438A38A already did the character more like SM3DW. Comparing with SMBX 1.3 physics, Toad is faster, Luigi jumps highter and has low tracktion and Peach is slower, and Mario is balanced as always. In my personal opinion, in the way they are right now it's perfect and the physics don't need to be changed. :)

FanofSMBX wrote:Now in 1.4.3 @5438A378A does Peach, Toad and Link have ability to ride on Yoshis and use Mega Mushroom?
Toad already has Mega Mushroom ability since SMBX 1.4.1, I guess the reason Peach and Link don't have Mega Mushroom it's because the lack of sprites, sounds kinda impossible get Mega Peach graphics 16-bit in SMB2 style, and Link graphics' too. Would be interesting seeing Toad mounting Yoshi but I think it would break some things, specially since Toad is based on SMB2 (but the physics are more similar to SM3DW I think), would be kinda weird.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #173by Wohlstand » 7 Sep 2016, 9:11

Lx Xzit wrote:I guess the reason Peach and Link don't have Mega Mushroom it's because the lack of sprites, sounds kinda impossible get Mega Peach graphics 16-bit in SMB2 style, and Link graphics' too.
Why not draw that yourself? Super Mario All Stars has example of front projection, but good artist can draw side projections.

Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
YouTube

Post #174by Marioisfan12 » 7 Sep 2016, 14:52

Lx Xzit wrote:
Marioisfan12 wrote:I'm going to use her abilities for my episode, and if I can't improve Peach's flight, I should delete my project :(

Actually I just noticed the Peach's fly it's exactly like SMBX 1.3 but with the difference it's faster, if it's a bit slower would be perfect! and don't worry, I guess it will be polished later, I'd suggest use Peach to your project. 5438A38A if you're reading this, can you please make the flight just a bit slower? (I mean the velocity she ascends/descends) thanks!
---------------------------------------------
The only thing I'd like is: In SMBX 1.4.2, when you fly with Peach, you can also leave the "z" button, and then press again the button to start again to fly
In this version, if you leave the "z" button, you stop the flight until you don't land
Si no entiendas puedo probar hablando español

Added after 3 minutes 12 seconds:
Then 5438A38A wrote that in this version is possible to change characters' abilities/physics...
But how?
Ψ

FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor

Post #175by FanofSMBX » 7 Sep 2016, 17:52

Thanks for rrsponding, but you nevr say if Peach and Link can use Mega Mushroom or notm

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #176by Catskart » 7 Sep 2016, 19:40

Marioisfan12 wrote:Then 5438A38A wrote that in this version is possible to change characters' abilities/physics...
But how?

Where do you see it ?

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #177by Lx Xzit » 7 Sep 2016, 21:32

Wohlstand wrote:Why not draw that yourself? Super Mario All Stars has example of front projection, but good artist can draw side projections.
Thanks for the suggestion, the problem is that I'm not so good at making giant GFXs, but I might try it some day. :)

Marioisfan12 wrote:The only thing I'd like is: In SMBX 1.4.2, when you fly with Peach, you can also leave the "z" button, and then press again the button to start again to fly. In this version, if you leave the "z" button, you stop the flight until you don't land
In this post, 4matsy explain why is better keep it as it is. I also think it was removed due the new wall jump feature, because it may causes weird jumps.
4matsy wrote:Things were set up this way back in 1.3 so that you could actually make use of all of Peach's hover time in one jump; without, say, accidentally letting go of the jump key and then pressing it again, only to no avail. Were you crossing a long gap at the moment? Whoopsies - kiss that life good-bye. :D -_- And so then, the original "jump with hover" behavior was put on alt jump instead, so you didn't have to worry about whether or not you aborted your high jump early enough to avoid wasting all your hover time (sooooo annoying in the original SMB2... -_-)

Marioisfan12 wrote:Then 5438A38A wrote that in this version is possible to change characters' abilities/physics...
But how?
He was talking about blocks: "You can now set different physics for players and NPCs." you probably misunderstood him. :P

GamingTv
Good citizen
Good citizen
GamingTv
Good citizen
Good citizen

awesome

Post #178by GamingTv » 7 Sep 2016, 23:47

im happy because you maked this new version, hope you add another version son... @Wohlstand :fox:
Keep Calm
And
Play SMBX

Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Marioisfan12 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
YouTube

Post #179by Marioisfan12 » 8 Sep 2016, 0:08

Lx Xzit wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:Why not draw that yourself? Super Mario All Stars has example of front projection, but good artist can draw side projections.
Thanks for the suggestion, the problem is that I'm not so good at making giant GFXs, but I might try it some day. :)

Marioisfan12 wrote:The only thing I'd like is: In SMBX 1.4.2, when you fly with Peach, you can also leave the "z" button, and then press again the button to start again to fly. In this version, if you leave the "z" button, you stop the flight until you don't land
In this post, 4matsy explain why is better keep it as it is. I also think it was removed due the new wall jump feature, because it may causes weird jumps.
4matsy wrote:Things were set up this way back in 1.3 so that you could actually make use of all of Peach's hover time in one jump; without, say, accidentally letting go of the jump key and then pressing it again, only to no avail. Were you crossing a long gap at the moment? Whoopsies - kiss that life good-bye. :D -_- And so then, the original "jump with hover" behavior was put on alt jump instead, so you didn't have to worry about whether or not you aborted your high jump early enough to avoid wasting all your hover time (sooooo annoying in the original SMB2... -_-)

But how?
He was talking about blocks: "You can now set different physics for players and NPCs." you probably misunderstood him. :P
Ok but, what about some scripts that keep (for my levels) the SMBX 1.4.2 flight? If that's not possible then I am going to delete my project
Ψ

DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
DuckSalmon
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #180by DuckSalmon » 9 Sep 2016, 14:47

xinput still doesn't work properly

Direction pad and arrows don't work

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”