[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 21

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis
Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #761by Coolio__ » 17 Jul 2019, 4:12

sgwyspeedrcr1 wrote:LX XZIT posted a Bell Cat-Mario Powerup and a Feather Powerup on his Youtube that he developed. What are the chances that 38a will officially adopt these powerups into his 1.4.5 SMBX game?
I don't think those are regular SMB3 sprites (correct me if I'm wrong) so he'd need sprites to use if he wanted to add them
~Previously known as DaveDaCat101~
Image (my project)
I Support

MisterAlienhead
Passerby
Passerby
MisterAlienhead
Passerby
Passerby

Umm

Post #762by MisterAlienhead » 18 Jul 2019, 20:08

My Antivirus Software keeps warning me not to download SMBX 1.4.5.

Is there some issue I need to be aware of?

TheAdventurer64
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
TheAdventurer64
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #763by TheAdventurer64 » 19 Jul 2019, 5:12

MisterAlienhead wrote:My Antivirus Software keeps warning me not to download SMBX 1.4.5.

Is there some issue I need to be aware of?
No, there are no viruses in SMBX.

Cedur
Citizen
Citizen
Cedur
Citizen
Citizen

Post #764by Cedur » 20 Jul 2019, 13:47

Antiviruses are man-made technologies, most alerts are false alerts

HUNK M
Passerby
Passerby
HUNK M
Passerby
Passerby

Errors and Questions about this version

Post #765by HUNK » 21 Jul 2019, 2:35

Hello, I am a new player, this great game that is the best Fan Made that I found, I found it thanks to youtuber Lx Lxzit. I only have a few doubts in a while I played in story mode, but there is a way. in which I can change the textures in the aspect of the NPCs that they have, because I did it but they don't look good, they are very busy. I would like to know if there is a correct way to change the NPC textures correctly. The only thing that could change are the Power Ups, but not all of them, and the other is that in this version some level funds do not charge me, that is, the funds are in black and that the patch or file "exe does not let you download it , it marks me that it has a virus in my browsing anyway,wait for your response thanks for your attention

mariogamer1995
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
mariogamer1995
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #766by mariogamer1995 » 24 Jul 2019, 13:28

Firstly, thank you very much for this release. This release is very beatiful. I wish you made inversed piranha plant that can be adjusted as projectiling something like red plant.

Cedur
Citizen
Citizen
Cedur
Citizen
Citizen

Post #767by Cedur » 24 Jul 2019, 21:41

I tried a reinstall and Windows Defender bitched immediately after just downloading the zip. Guess the antivirus problem still exists for some.

artiom234 M
Passerby
Passerby
artiom234 M
Passerby
Passerby
YouTube

Post #768by artiom234 » 24 Jul 2019, 22:48

good vers 1.4.5

P-Switch
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
P-Switch
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #769by P-Switch » 25 Jul 2019, 3:12

Hmm, I've tried installing 1.4.5, but Windows keeps stopping it due to a "virus". Seems like others are having this issue, so is there a fix?
Why are you looking at my signature, anyway? There's nothing of importance here.

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #770by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 25 Jul 2019, 3:57

HUNK wrote:
Hello, I am a new player, this great game that is the best Fan Made that I found, I found it thanks to youtuber Lx Lxzit. I only have a few doubts in a while I played in story mode, but there is a way. in which I can change the textures in the aspect of the NPCs that they have, because I did it but they don't look good, they are very busy. I would like to know if there is a correct way to change the NPC textures correctly. The only thing that could change are the Power Ups, but not all of them, and the other is that in this version some level funds do not charge me, that is, the funds are in black and that the patch or file "exe does not let you download it , it marks me that it has a virus in my browsing anyway,wait for your response thanks for your attention
Cedur wrote:I tried a reinstall and Windows Defender bitched immediately after just downloading the zip. Guess the antivirus problem still exists for some.
P-Switch wrote:Hmm, I've tried installing 1.4.5, but Windows keeps stopping it due to a "virus". Seems like others are having this issue, so is there a fix?
There is no virus. Much like many other legitimate fan games, the antivirus believed it was a threat, although it was just a false positive. Unfortunately, I cannot help anybody because they may or may not use the same antivirus software. The executable is harmless. It can't modify anything other than levels, level folders, NPC text codes, and the like. It can't harm your computer altogether as in order for that to even be possible, you'd have to run the program as an administrator (i.e. Sonic Gather Battle, don't play it btw) in order for any program to even have a chance of harming your PC.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Cedur
Citizen
Citizen
Cedur
Citizen
Citizen

Post #771by Cedur » 25 Jul 2019, 10:51

What sucks for me though is that I can't even figure out how to whitelist it and prevent it from being deleted.

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #772by donVergas » 25 Jul 2019, 19:36

Cedur wrote:What sucks for me though is that I can't even figure out how to whitelist it and prevent it from being deleted.

I looked up on youtube, there are many people there showing how to whitelist files
-----------------------------------------------------------
:dance1:

Schlaupe
Passerby
Passerby
Schlaupe
Passerby
Passerby

SMBX 1.4.5 trojan bug

Post #773by Schlaupe » 25 Jul 2019, 23:53

I still can't run SMBX 1.4.5 because Windows defender detects a trojan Win32/Wacatac.B!ml.
Can somebody please patch this?

Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis
Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #774by Coolio__ » 28 Jul 2019, 22:28

Schlaupe wrote:I still can't run SMBX 1.4.5 because Windows defender detects a trojan Win32/Wacatac.B!ml.
Can somebody please patch this?
Just add it as an exclusion in Windows Defender or just get a different antivirus. This has reportedly been happening to lots of other people but it's not a virus.
~Previously known as DaveDaCat101~
Image (my project)
I Support

xre
Passerby
Passerby
xre
Passerby
Passerby

Post #775by xre » 31 Jul 2019, 16:49

Yay! The game is no longer detected as a virus!

edit: smbx was randomly deleted as i was playing it today. i tried installing it again but it kept getting deleted because it was a virus. i have no idea how to disable it.
Last edited by xre on 3 Aug 2019, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #776by donVergas » 31 Jul 2019, 21:40

1.4.5 is the best version so far
-----------------------------------------------------------
:dance1:

Excitedastroid
Passerby
Passerby
Excitedastroid
Passerby
Passerby

Uhh...

Post #777by Excitedastroid » 10 Aug 2019, 23:41

So when I try to open SMBX 1.4.5, it says it is a virus. but when I open SMBX 1.4.4, it works fine. I use BitDefender Antivirus software. :(

MyawCat M
Citizen
Citizen
MyawCat M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #778by MyawCat » 12 Aug 2019, 21:55

Excitedastroid wrote:So when I try to open SMBX 1.4.5, it says it is a virus. but when I open SMBX 1.4.4, it works fine. I use BitDefender Antivirus software. :(
It´s just a false alarm SMBX 1.4.5 is not a virus, but some anti viruses detected as one.

Excitedastroid
Passerby
Passerby
Excitedastroid
Passerby
Passerby

Post #779by Excitedastroid » 13 Aug 2019, 2:58

MyawCat wrote:
Excitedastroid wrote:So when I try to open SMBX 1.4.5, it says it is a virus. but when I open SMBX 1.4.4, it works fine. I use BitDefender Antivirus software. :(
It´s just a false alarm SMBX 1.4.5 is not a virus, but some anti viruses detected as one.
Well, also I cant run it. it just doesn't load it. It says some stuff and gives me an error, it opens the command tab to tell me this. It says: "SMBX init failed, contact developer only if you really don't know why this happened. You can try to disable your anti-virus software and restart this program, if it works, please also report the ErrorID, the bit of your OS and your anti-virus software's name.
ErrorID-090C71EDDE33D276"

diogotop
Passerby
Passerby
diogotop
Passerby
Passerby

Post #780by diogotop » 18 Aug 2019, 19:38

it's a virus. tried instaling and malwarebytes instantly detected as a trojan :/

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”