[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 26

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

del
del

Post #741by del » 11 Jul 2019, 2:17

Any official changelogs? Or are people expected to double-check every feature with every daily patch to find differences between two largely identical versions, when it would take the developer 5 minutes to make a list of bullet points?

HeroicKyle75
Good citizen
Good citizen
HeroicKyle75
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #742by HeroicKyle75 » 11 Jul 2019, 2:48

The patch 6 version has fixed the offset and texture issues.

However I encountered another issue. Whenever I teleport from one coordinate to another in worldmap, it throws a Runtime error 9:

rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby
rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby

Exists a form or a thing what i can help you

Post #743by rodrigo1593 » 11 Jul 2019, 5:52

i listened 2 or 3 years ago, about VPNs, you can try this to see throught the respective pages without the same dont know in what region you are right now :D

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #744by Lx Xzit » 11 Jul 2019, 6:45

Enjl wrote:Any official changelogs? Or are people expected to double-check every feature with every daily patch to find differences between two largely identical versions, when it would take the developer 5 minutes to make a list of bullet points?

38a is fixing everything we report at "Bug Report" subforum. No big surprises here.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

del
del

Post #745by del » 11 Jul 2019, 11:38

Lx Xzit wrote:
Enjl wrote:Any official changelogs? Or are people expected to double-check every feature with every daily patch to find differences between two largely identical versions, when it would take the developer 5 minutes to make a list of bullet points?

38a is fixing everything we report at "Bug Report" subforum. No big surprises here.
I see.. still a pretty bad method of archiving a timeline of changes, especially since the threads don't get locked and users who aren't constantly watching the bug reports section will be left wondering what changes happened between releases.

WellyGames M
Close friend
Close friend
WellyGames M
Close friend
Close friend
Google+ Twitter

Post #746by WellyGames » 11 Jul 2019, 17:55

There is an thing that I didn't liked on SMBX 1.4.5 which is the Ground Pound and Mid-Air frames. Well, basically they DOESN'T have frames! Ground Pound uses the Sliding frame and the Mid-Air Jump uses the Spin Jump frame. 5438A38A could use Lx Xzit's ground pound frames for Ground Pound, and for Mid-Air Jump, he could find an Mid-Air Jump sprite, or I could find an Mid-Air Jump sprite and give to 54A38A38A.
The projects that I support:
Super Mario Bros.: The Great Adventure
Super Mario World MORE!
Super Mario Nova
Neo Super Mario World X
Epic Adventure of Mario
Super Mario Bros. X Greendan Edition
Super Mario and the Moon Curse
Mario's Wonderful World
NSMB - The Great Invasion
Super Mario - Rainbow Road
Super Mario Magic Brick Adventure
Adventures in 2DU
Super Mario Infinity
Super Mario 2D Universe X
Castle of Bloniques
An Alternate Dimension

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #747by Wohlstand » 11 Jul 2019, 18:57

donVergas wrote:It says I reached my downlaod limit on the yandex disk, is there any alternate link to download the patch?
Made mirror to WohlSoft! ;-)
Also, I have pached the main release package (I always doing that every patch release, but keeping "patch-0" as the original unpached release for history).

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #748by Eri7 » 11 Jul 2019, 22:21

WellyGames wrote:There is an thing that I didn't liked on SMBX 1.4.5 which is the Ground Pound and Mid-Air frames. Well, basically they DOESN'T have frames! Ground Pound uses the Sliding frame and the Mid-Air Jump uses the Spin Jump frame. 5438A38A could use Lx Xzit's ground pound frames for Ground Pound, and for Mid-Air Jump, he could find an Mid-Air Jump sprite, or I could find an Mid-Air Jump sprite and give to 54A38A38A.
38a can implement lx xzit's ground pound but he needs the graphics for it and the ones lx xzit uses dont fit with the ones smbx uses + there are no gfx for toad/peach/link.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby
rodrigo1593
Passerby
Passerby

I found a thing (bug)

Post #749by rodrigo1593 » 12 Jul 2019, 0:17

i tried to replicate the bug i found when i viewing some levels of the remastered the invasion. i will upload it to google drive to make easy to view it if anyone wants to see it :D. i will publish it to my youtube channel anyways.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EWb4MqCn8cgweEsPTawhTlML_K7sj7kL/view?usp=sharing

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #750by Wohlstand » 12 Jul 2019, 18:40

rodrigo1593 wrote:i tried to replicate the bug i found when i viewing some levels of the remastered the invasion. i will upload it to google drive to make easy to view it if anyone wants to see it :D. i will publish it to my youtube channel anyways.
Please use something other BUT Google and YouTube, 38A has no access to that. Don't forget that in China these things are banned. You can use Yandex.Disk as alternative. see the main post, 38A have wrote what sort of things are banned in China and suggested to don't use them.

Added after 1 minute:
International Yandex.Disk: https://disk.yandex.net :fox-comando:

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #751by Lx Xzit » 12 Jul 2019, 19:20

Enjl wrote:I see.. still a pretty bad method of archiving a timeline of changes, especially since the threads don't get locked and users who aren't constantly watching the bug reports section will be left wondering what changes happened between releases.

Locking threads would be an unnecessary work for us the staff. When a bug gets fixed almost everyone put in the title "fixed in patch x".

By the way, in patch 8 38a added "char(1).alive" so now you can check whenever the player is alive or not much easier. Pretty useful!

Spectra
Duke
Duke
Spectra
Duke
Duke
YouTube

Post #752by Spectra » 14 Jul 2019, 1:05

Wait what?

Smbx contained a virus?
That didn't happen in the previous version.

Surely this must be a mistake.
Attachments
2019-07-13 (6).png
-No interesting comments here-

Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis
Coolio__ M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #753by Coolio__ » 14 Jul 2019, 2:35

Spectra wrote:Wait what?

Smbx contained a virus?
That didn't happen in the previous version.

Surely this must be a mistake.
It's a false positive, most antiviruses say it's safe but there are some that detect it as a trojan.
~Previously known as DaveDaCat101~
Image (my project)
I Support

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #754by Lx Xzit » 14 Jul 2019, 9:28

To 5438A38A: Can you please upload patch notes if you ever add a new NPC property or Scripting function? (They are the hardest to notice) because I'd like to know if this is already in the game (but with another name), is planned for a future patch/ver. or was rejected.

radel1996
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
radel1996
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #755by radel1996 » 14 Jul 2019, 14:07

My hope its he fix the Bowser's Movement

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #756by Void-the-Bat » 14 Jul 2019, 18:12

GIVE IT UP FOR PATCH 10!

Okay, seriously. I really appreciate you fixing a lot of the issues, despite everything that's happened, 38A. I don't care if there's gonna be 50 patches, it just shows you're putting a lot of work into this new version, even having daily updates.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

sgwyspeedrcr1
Citizen
Citizen
sgwyspeedrcr1
Citizen
Citizen

Post #757by sgwyspeedrcr1 » 14 Jul 2019, 19:36

YO! 38A is engaged in this project boi! Hype!

This is called a 38a Community!!!

So, while I decided that this technically ISN'T a bug, but it's a huge hold out for me. The Hammer Bros AI in SMBX still does not resemble the actual Hammer Bros AI in SMB1, SMB3, or Mario Maker 1/2.

Here is the AI behavior:

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/737/7377.gif
Throws roughly 4 to 5 hammers, jumps to a new level (either above or below, or stays at the same elevation), and repeat. He will occasionally have a 2 second delay to allow the player to jump on his head.

The SMBX Hammer Bros throws one hammer every 2 to 4 seconds, then kinda bobs... not a real actual hop to a new level.

Is there ANY hope of this being resolved? Through lua scripts or official 38a Support?? As much as 38A is giving us variables to adjust NPCs, I don't recall seeing many that address the Hammer Bros.

Victor ManuelMR
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Victor ManuelMR
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #758by Victor ManuelMR » 14 Jul 2019, 21:58

sgwyspeedrcr1 wrote:YO! 38A is engaged in this project boi! Hype!

This is called a 38a Community!!!

So, while I decided that this technically ISN'T a bug, but it's a huge hold out for me. The Hammer Bros AI in SMBX still does not resemble the actual Hammer Bros AI in SMB1, SMB3, or Mario Maker 1/2.

Here is the AI behavior:

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/737/7377.gif
Throws roughly 4 to 5 hammers, jumps to a new level (either above or below, or stays at the same elevation), and repeat. He will occasionally have a 2 second delay to allow the player to jump on his head.

The SMBX Hammer Bros throws one hammer every 2 to 4 seconds, then kinda bobs... not a real actual hop to a new level.

Is there ANY hope of this being resolved? Through lua scripts or official 38a Support?? As much as 38A is giving us variables to adjust NPCs, I don't recall seeing many that address the Hammer Bros.

You should report this in "Ideas & Suggestions"

donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen
donVergas
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #759by donVergas » 15 Jul 2019, 18:15

thank you so much 38A

this is amazing!!! :to_keep_order:
-----------------------------------------------------------
:dance1:

sgwyspeedrcr1
Citizen
Citizen
sgwyspeedrcr1
Citizen
Citizen

Post #760by sgwyspeedrcr1 » 16 Jul 2019, 0:56

LX XZIT posted a Bell Cat-Mario Powerup and a Feather Powerup on his Youtube that he developed. What are the chances that 38a will officially adopt these powerups into his 1.4.5 SMBX game?

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”