[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.5 - Patch 22

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

smbxxeno5035
Passerby
Passerby
smbxxeno5035
Passerby
Passerby

Crash 38A Runitme Error 9 Editor Help

Post #681by smbxxeno5035 » 18 May 2019, 18:42

Help please i open SMBX 38A 1.4.4 Patch 2 Editor and when it Load 100% Crash Runtime Error 9 Message appear and closes immediatly i tried Driver Fixer Pro but even after updating still not work.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #682by Lx Xzit » 20 May 2019, 18:44

smbxxeno5035 wrote:Help please i open SMBX 38A 1.4.4 Patch 2 Editor and when it Load 100% Crash Runtime Error 9 Message appear and closes immediatly i tried Driver Fixer Pro but even after updating still not work.

I got the same error when I used by very first time my computer. All I did was upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 and upgrading some plugins. Sorry if I'm not being that helpful but I have no idea what causes that error, but I at least have a clue of how to fix it.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Website

Post #683by Stardown » 15 Jun 2019, 0:14

Guys! It's coming!

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2902

HengShao M
Good citizen
Good citizen
HengShao M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Tencent QQ

Post #684by HengShao » 4 Jul 2019, 12:34

Wow…… Finally,1.4.5 comes……
2333~ #(滑稽)
An interesting SMBX 1.4.4 CHINESE episode:

If you're interested in the project above,or just want to discuss SMBX,welcome to the Hel Studio Discord Server~ :
https://discord.gg/vw84Gxa

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #685by Eri7 » 4 Jul 2019, 18:22

38A i heavily disagree with you removing some of the script functions, it is going to badly affect some people's stuff including mine and stop people from using 1.4.5!
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #686by Wohlstand » 4 Jul 2019, 18:34

Eri7 wrote:38A i heavily disagree with you removing some of the script functions, it is going to badly affect some people's stuff including mine and stop people from using 1.4.5!
There are undocumented stuff was nuked. Usually that possible with any software, therefore undocumented functions are totally not recommended for production usage. Anyway, this case is that SMBX38A was hacked and caused 38A be angry, in result, he has offended by the community which caused him to promise removal of all hidden/undocumented features and noticing that packed maps will be broken if they are using undocumented calls.

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #687by Eri7 » 4 Jul 2019, 18:40

Wohlstand wrote:
Eri7 wrote:38A i heavily disagree with you removing some of the script functions, it is going to badly affect some people's stuff including mine and stop people from using 1.4.5!
There are undocumented stuff was nuked. Usually that possible with any software, therefore undocumented functions are totally not recommended for production usage. Anyway, this case is that SMBX38A was hacked and caused 38A be angry, in result, he has offended by the community which caused him to promise removal of all hidden/undocumented features and noticing that packed maps will be broken if they are using undocumented calls.

I already know that, i am just stating my opinion that this is going to ruin people's stuff and that 38A has proven times and times again he doesnt give a shit about this community.

Enjl
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Enjl
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #688by Enjl » 4 Jul 2019, 19:27

all these new npcs are embarassing but the swinging claw really takes the cake for most rushed thing ever

PaperMarioYT
Citizen
Citizen
PaperMarioYT
Citizen
Citizen

Post #689by PaperMarioYT » 4 Jul 2019, 20:16

The 2 Players Mode has a fatal error :c

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #690by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 4 Jul 2019, 20:45

38A... I'm really disappointed with you. I think everybody is. I would've been fine if you had taken out only the hidden features like you said, but you went way beyond that and practically broke the scripting system altogether. I actually tried to defend you when 1.4.4 was hacked, but your "punishment" went too far, doing far more damage than what you originally said.

Since I don't plan on using the broken mess that is 2.0, I guess I'm gonna be sticking to 1.4.4 for now. It's a shame, some of the new features were pretty cool.

BACK UP YOUR LEVELS IF YOU OPEN THEM IN 1.4.5.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #691by Eri7 » 4 Jul 2019, 22:31

Accurate representation of the new update.

If you are not a scripter, you won't get this meme.

TheAdventurer64
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
TheAdventurer64
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

SMBX 1.4.5 changelog

Post #692by TheAdventurer64 » 4 Jul 2019, 23:10

Welp, me and the community finally finished the changelog for 1.4.5.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1guSHVNGBCzwa6FeWAt8HfbR-gBBoUYXI95n6IAweKxU/

SMWFan2019
Passerby
Passerby
SMWFan2019
Passerby
Passerby

Please add the hidden functions back!

Post #693by SMWFan2019 » 4 Jul 2019, 23:57

We want hidden functions back! Good job on the game, but scripters are now poor sadly. Can you re-add the hidden functions?

Added after 11 minutes 46 seconds:
Sorry if this is a repeat of my first comment, but my comment didn't display in my case.
Can 38a add the hidden functions back? Scripters are now poor because of the removed functions.

Bandit
Our friend
Our friend
Bandit
Our friend
Our friend

Post #694by Bandit » 5 Jul 2019, 1:42

The solution would be to leave all the functions but you use better security measures. with eliminating the functions you do not gain anything, the only thing that is achieved is that fewer and fewer people use this version of smbx.

Slash Chen M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Slash Chen M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Tencent QQ

Post #695by Slash Chen » 5 Jul 2019, 4:49

You are the worst game developer that I've met. A true game developer never forbid the users to use his/her program.
The developer who use his/her program to forbid someone using his/her program is a bullshit, remember.

TheCreator520
Close friend
Close friend
TheCreator520
Close friend
Close friend

Post #696by TheCreator520 » 5 Jul 2019, 5:06

Nice fishing.
Last edited by TheCreator520 on 11 Jul 2019, 5:26, edited 1 time in total.

Elf of H & L
Marquis
Marquis
Elf of H & L
Marquis
Marquis
Website

Post #697by Elf of H & L » 5 Jul 2019, 5:42

Luckily, I use SMBX2PAL to build levels / episodes, instead of this buggy + foolish one.
(Sorry for my bad English.I'm Chinese)

Formerly known as Love Bodhi
Check out my SMBX Projects - Fairy Tale Projects:
Mario in Wonderland 2
Mario in Wonderland Revolution

Follow on my Discord Server:

I'm working a soundfont which is called The Multi-Elemental Soundfont.
This time is SC-8850 Compatible.

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #698by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 5 Jul 2019, 6:30

Elf of H & L wrote:Luckily, I use SMBX2PAL to build levels / episodes, instead of this buggy + foolish one.
Was shamelessly plugging SMBX2 really necessary?
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Enjl
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Enjl
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #699by Enjl » 5 Jul 2019, 11:26

EXEcutor-The-Bat wrote:
Elf of H & L wrote:Luckily, I use SMBX2PAL to build levels / episodes, instead of this buggy + foolish one.
Was shamelessly plugging SMBX2 really necessary?
Hey, at least we don't break the entire game and add features made in 3 hours between releases. And we don't hide things between math puzzles ;p

Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis
Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis

Post #700by Mushroom King » 5 Jul 2019, 12:34

Well I was interested to test the things added while trying to ignore all the removed ones but the new exe itself just doesn't work so I guess it's a stop right now for my experience with SMBX-38A.
Reading most of the comments, it's maybe for the best, but what a shame really. Expectations were high when it all started, but at the end the disappointment is higher.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”