SMBX 1.4.1 Math Minigame - Help Unlock the Hidden Feature! (Prize Offered)

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #101by gabrieljamh » 16 Mar 2016, 4:27

DarkMecha wrote:WOAH you're the first person who unlock a secret feature. I do wonder what "Local Array" does. And yeah, it's cool every mini game unlocks something in specific.
Congrats!

@Squishy Rex, @FanofSMBX: I think you guys owe something to Yoshi021 =P

congratulation to Yoshi021, I'll keep working at the spreadsheet with help to help everyone

EDIT: Also, I hope you guys forgive me, I couldn't try hard enough to go in math questions, I was sick, but I think I still can do it, I know a lot about math, when I get able, I hope my spreadsheet helps everyone, I created the spreadsheet because of what we found about the cfg, someway, the game knows when it was changed, so I tought we couldn't share the feature with anyone, so the guide (with chance of 90% because there will be unknow questions yet) will help someone to complete it, and is that what I hope, I hope I can help you guys yet, Special thanks for Yoshi021, he was helping me since I uploaded the private version :letter:
-----BomberMan Land Online Team & BomberCraft BR admin :comando: -----

*Projects WIP:
Minecraft serie (unnamed)
SMBX's 1.4.2 world - unnamed gabrieljamh adventure
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:
PMD - Protectors of Time (fanmade PMD history/game)

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #102by Yoshi021 » 16 Mar 2016, 5:50

Tomorrow I will try to get all of the minigame's ids. Since the newly discovered minigame id is 4. I am hoping that these are all of he minigames, but if a number is skipped, that would mean there are more minigames out there.
Last edited by Yoshi021 on 17 Mar 2016, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #103by Lx Xzit » 16 Mar 2016, 10:02

Gabrieljamh: Don't worry, take your time, after all you've worked hard on this and the same Yoshi021. :clapping:

After watch the video Yoshi021 made (very helpful), I made all the minigames and unlocked the "Local Array".
I'm not pretty sure what a "Local Array" variable is, I also have no many ideas how it will be useful in the editor.
BTW here is the list I'm doing, some IDs were mentioned in this post and some others were found by myself:

IDN 1: Math Game
IDN 3: Circle-Squares
IDN 4: Sudoku Thing (this one.)
IDN 5: Boxes Minigame
IDN 6: Maze Minigame
IDN 7: Square-Fill Minigame (this one.)
IDN 9: Arrows Minigame
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #104by Yave Yu » 16 Mar 2016, 15:47

This minigame I think it is a bit easy, but it has a few hardest level, I can't beat it...
Visit my YouTube channel Yave Yu!

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #105by Yoshi021 » 16 Mar 2016, 19:17

DarkMecha wrote:IDN 9: Arrows Minigame
Wait, id 9? But we only found 8 minigames, including the one found in the "Map packaging". That means there is still one more minigame. Maybe the creator has OCD and wouldn't stop with 9 minigames, and made 10 minigames in total. We have to find these new minigames. The minigame we have missing had id 8

Also,y479021776 do you know if the levels are always the same. Then you can record the answers and post them in a video. That way, we can all attempt the final levels(which must be insanely hard) and, we have a video so everyone can beat that minigame.
Links
ImageImageImage

FanofSMBX
Topic author, Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Topic author, Contributor
Contributor

Post #106by FanofSMBX » 18 Mar 2016, 18:29

Excellent job guys and especially to Yoshi021. Some of you guys will be receiving a new beta of my graphics pack once I finish that milestone. Keep up the great work. I will add to the original post, but I think I need help because I haven't really bothered with playing the minigames more. Which information is most helpful to new players?

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #107by Yoshi021 » 18 Mar 2016, 19:19

FanofSMBX wrote:Excellent job guys and especially to Yoshi021. Some of you guys will be receiving a new beta of my graphics pack once I finish that milestone. Keep up the great work. I will add to the original post, but I think I need help because I haven't really bothered with playing the minigames more. Which information is most helpful to new players?
First, I think changing the title of the post, since there are more minigames than just the math one. I think the list on how to unlock each minigame is going to be helpful. Also, you should note that in order to unlock the minigames, you have to edit the configure file, and change the DisableHiddenFunctions=True to DisableHiddenFunctions=false. Also you could say that it will be really helpful if they would record the answer, either by text or video. This will make working on the spreadsheet easier. Below is my suggested post.

FanofSMBX wrote:
/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=599

If you have SMBX 1.4.1, you can unlock this minigame. It says if you beat it, a hidden feature unlocks. But me and DarkMecha so far can't beat it. If you can beat it, you will get the following

-FanofSMBX's Graphics Pack 1.4 Beta (over 30 MB)
-Squishy Rex's Online Graphics Pack Early Access
- (your item here)

If anyone wants to add to the bounty, you can. If anyone can beat this game and find out what the hidden feature is, you will receive the items above and the adoration of the whole SMBX community!

This is a list on how to unlock each minigame

First, edit the configure file found in your SMBX folder. Edit it and DisableHiddenFunctions=True to DisableHiddenFunctions=false. When you open SMBX again there should be a message telling you did do the above steps correctly. Once that is done, there is a small chance a secret will appear in the SMBX editor. Below you can find how to unlock each known minigame. Note: If the minigame you are looking for does not appear when you open SMBX, you will have to constantly reopen the program until it appears. Also, once you open a minigame, you will have to use task manager to close it.
Math (Id number: 1): There is a chance the word Advanced Settings will be colored. Click it while holding shift to play the mini game.
Spoiler
Grid Sudoku (Id number: 7):Open events and select other. There is a chance a "C" will appear next to the message button. Press the "C" to play the mini game.
Spoiler
Boxes (Id number: 5):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "What this?" will appear. Pressing it will show a buton that unlocks the mini game.
Spoiler
Maze (Id number: 6): Go to World Editor and click settings; then options.There is a chance an option saying "Guess what this is" will appear. It will show a button that says "Click Me" Pressing it various times will unlocks the mini game. It is recommended to continuously "press tab+enter".
Spoiler
Match the Numbers (Id number: 9):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "Don't Click Me" will appear. Pressing it will make a button appear that says it will format your hard disk. Press it and input random number a few times. Don't worry, it won't mess with your computer.
Spoiler
Fill in the Squares (Id number: 2):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "Access Denied" will appear. It will show this "Reload" Press it like 500 times to unlock the mini game.
Spoiler
[COMPLETED] Move the Circles (Id number: 3):Go to Variables and click mode. There might be an option that says "Local Array" Clicking this will unlock the mini game.
Spoiler
Cage Sudoku(id number:4)Go to the world editor. Click on "Map Packaging". Note: You must have a world saved to open "Map Packaging". There might be a chance the button setting will appear. Click it to unlock the minigame.
Spoiler

Mini game Select: In view, there will be a button that says "Easter egg" Pressing it will ask you what minigame you want to play. You choose the mini game by inputting the mini game's id number. To unlock, allow the time to run out in any minigame. Note:You must allow the time to run out in order for you to be able to input the id.
Spoiler

And Warning! You have to be a math expert, and have a really good sense of logic.! There will be negative numbers, algebra, complicated puzzles, and who knows what else!
Links
ImageImageImage

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Website YouTube

Post #108by h2643 » 18 Mar 2016, 22:01

You know what guys? I think someone else can post a topic with all the minigames discovered so far. I will just unstick this topic and stick your instead.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #109by Yoshi021 » 18 Mar 2016, 22:32

h2643 wrote:You know what guys? I think someone else can post a topic with all the minigames discovered so far. I will just unstick this topic and stick your instead.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=778
Here it is.
Links
ImageImageImage

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Website YouTube

Post #110by h2643 » 18 Mar 2016, 22:55

Thank you!
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #111by Lx Xzit » 19 Mar 2016, 2:25

I wonder what's the minigame IDN 8, I've tried to find it several times but I can't. Here's something may help us to find it though:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:And i also found two other secrets.
1. I think i've seen in the script editor a little button.

Also I wonder if the total number of minigames is 9 (or maybe more? who knows).

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #112by Yoshi021 » 19 Mar 2016, 3:49

DarkMecha wrote:I wonder what's the minigame IDN 8, I've tried to find it several times but I can't. Here's something may help us to find it though:

Yes there are 9 minigames,(maybe even 10) but we don't know what they could be. We are going to have to find them.
Links
ImageImageImage

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #113by Pilzinsel64 » 19 Mar 2016, 11:45

Yoshi021 wrote:
DarkMecha wrote:I wonder what's the minigame IDN 8, I've tried to find it several times but I can't. Here's something may help us to find it though:

Yes there are 9 minigames,(maybe even 10) but we don't know what they could be. We are going to have to find them.

Maby when we unlocked the "Local Arrays" there is a new minigame to unlock "Global Arrays". Only maby but maby it is true.
This are the variables wich whe need to have, if we descoverd the minigame(s) and if it's logical:
- Local variables
- global variables
- local array
- grobal array

Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #114by Yave Yu » 19 Mar 2016, 13:30

Ah, I find this hidden function! It says 'I want more'.
When I click it, a minigame appeared.
See this:
I don't what game name is, but I know how to play.
First, click right down area, when it shows AUTO, you can control this arrow.
Press F to start fill blank.
If you can fully fill, level clear!
Visit my YouTube channel Yave Yu!

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #115by Yoshi021 » 19 Mar 2016, 19:35

y479021776 wrote:Ah, I find this hidden function! It says 'I want more'.
When I click it, a minigame appeared.
See this:
I don't what game name is, but I know how to play.
First, click right down area, when it shows AUTO, you can control this arrow.
Press F to start fill blank.
If you can fully fill, level clear!
Thanks for finding it. This is id 8. Now we have to find if there is a tenth minigame.

Something I have been thinking is that what if we were able to post and get help from the regular SMBX forum. If we are able to convince Joey to allow us to post about the minigames, it will be a huge help. The only ones that continuously help us out are: gabrieljamh,DarkMecha,y479021776,FanofSMBX,Pilzinsel64, and myself. The problem with the 1.4 forums is that not a lot of people come here. I hope if we are able to get to post in Joey's forum, we can get much more help.
Links
ImageImageImage

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #116by Lx Xzit » 20 Mar 2016, 0:38

Great job @y479021776!

I made the puzzles 1-10 and recorded a video of it:

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogb4yQeRc7A

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogb4yQeRc7A

@Yoshi021: I'm sorry but I don't think it's a good idea. I tried to convince Joey to support SMBX 1.4 several times but he simply does not want anything about it for no good reason. Now the community is more aggressive than before, probably only going to get be ignored or worse, attacked. For my part I do not even want to try one time more, Joey and some staff members do not want to know anything about SMBX 1.4.x.

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #117by Yoshi021 » 20 Mar 2016, 1:08

DarkMecha wrote:Great job @y479021776!

I made the puzzles 1-10 and recorded a video of it:

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogb4yQeRc7A

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogb4yQeRc7A

@Yoshi021: I'm sorry but I don't think it's a good idea. I tried to convince Joey to support SMBX 1.4 several times but he simply does not want anything about it for no good reason. Now the community is more aggressive than before, probably only going to get be ignored or worse, attacked. For my part I do not even want to try one time more, Joey and some staff members do not want to know anything about SMBX 1.4.x.

Yes! These videos will always be helpful.

I guess it is pretty dissapointing that they refuse 1.4. I mean, they accepted Luna,PGE, and 2.0, but they have a problem with 1.4. If you think it is a bad idea to request a topic for this minigame in the other forums,I'll trust you.
Links
ImageImageImage

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #118by Catskart » 20 Mar 2016, 19:55

Wow, there are a lot new minigames ?
I rebegin the math minigame in 1.4.2 and it's much easier than the previous version !

Can you give me the config file to unlock those minigame ?

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count

Post #119by Pilzinsel64 » 20 Mar 2016, 20:11

Catskart wrote:Wow, there are a lot new minigames ?
I rebegin the math minigame in 1.4.2 and it's much easier than the previous version !

Can you give me the config file to unlock those minigame ?
This will not function.
You need to open the config.cfg in notepad.exe and change "DisableHiddenFunctions=True" to "DisableHiddenHunctions=False".
Becurse SMBX creates a number for your own pc.

andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend

Post #120by andreepika1336 » 20 Mar 2016, 20:51

Yoshi021 wrote:I guess it is pretty dissapointing that they refuse 1.4. I mean, they accepted Luna,PGE, and 2.0, but they have a problem with 1.4. If you think it is a bad idea to request a topic for this minigame in the other forums,I'll trust you.
Hopefully we could get new playables in the next version that are far more better than 2.0's playables.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”