SMBX 1.4.1 Math Minigame - Help Unlock the Hidden Feature! (Prize Offered)

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #61by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 3:50

Yoshi021 wrote:So... I've been thinking what all this might unlock. My guess is that each minigame will unlock something from where it was found. The math minigame will unlock something in settings. Maybe the boxes minigame will unlock the "test message" just like in the NPC menu. If this is true, that would mean there are 3 things hidden in the world editor mode.

I was thinking the same
-----BomberMan Land Online Team & BomberCraft BR admin :comando: -----

*Projects WIP:
Minecraft serie (unnamed)
SMBX's 1.4.2 world - unnamed gabrieljamh adventure
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:
PMD - Protectors of Time (fanmade PMD history/game)

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #62by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 4:11

I just tried the maze mini game and that has to be the hardest mini game of all. You can spent hours without even knowing where you are going. I am still hoping DarkMecha allows us to download his SMBX and cfg. since he somehow unlocked that Easter egg selection screen.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #63by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 4:14

Yoshi021 wrote:I just tried the maze mini game and that has to be the hardest mini game of all. You can spent hours without even knowing where you are going. I am still hoping DarkMecha allows us to download his SMBX and cfg. since he somehow unlocked that Easter egg selection screen.

yep, I hope we can, we can get any minigame or just unlocked ones?

*Projects WIP:
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #64by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 4:16

gabrieljamh wrote:
Yoshi021 wrote:I just tried the maze mini game and that has to be the hardest mini game of all. You can spent hours without even knowing where you are going. I am still hoping DarkMecha allows us to download his SMBX and cfg. since he somehow unlocked that Easter egg selection screen.

I don't know. I think we can choose all of them. Also I am hoping on SMBX 1.4.3 there will be a way to close a mini game without having to use task manager.
Links
ImageImageImage

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #65by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 4:18

Yoshi021 wrote:
gabrieljamh wrote:

I don't know. I think we can choose all of them. Also I am hoping on SMBX 1.4.3 there will be a way to close a mini game without having to use task manager.

you can also create a .BAT file and add hotkey to close SMBX easier

*Projects WIP:
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #66by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 4:24

Yeah... I don't know what a .BAT file is.
Links
ImageImageImage

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #67by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 4:37

Yoshi021 wrote:Yeah... I don't know what a .BAT file is.

create a TXT file and repleace "TXT" with "BAT", then right-click and edit, put this lines to force SMBX to close when executed the bat file:

taskkill /im smbx.exe /f

(or you can simply get the one I've made and put in your SMBX folder or any place, you can even pin in quick access, but if you have Windows 7/8/10 with UAC, don't forget that you need to run as admin)
Attachments
TaskKill.zip
BAT inside ZIP file
(184 Bytes) Downloaded 75 times
TaskKill.rar
BAT inside RAR file
(100 Bytes) Downloaded 62 times

*Projects WIP:
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #68by Lx Xzit » 13 Mar 2016, 4:39

Yoshi021 wrote:I am still hoping DarkMecha allows us to download his SMBX and cfg. since he somehow unlocked that Easter egg selection screen.
Did you read my post? There's the download link of my exe plus the config file :P
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=603&p=5084#p5084

I also wonder what the minigame could unlock. I not even could think what the could be, I.e, the editor is very advanced so far (without even make mention the possibilities with scripts). For my part I think all the minigames lead to the same secret, but who knows? I do not think this is something troll, just schedule a lot of minigames, a different way to find each one, the anti-cheat system (that makes the game do clash if is detected) only-use use codes, etc. Must lead to something great!
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #69by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 4:44

DarkMecha wrote:
Yoshi021 wrote:I am still hoping DarkMecha allows us to download his SMBX and cfg. since he somehow unlocked that Easter egg selection screen.
Did you read my post? There's the download link of my exe plus the config file :P

I also wonder what the minigame could unlock. I not even could think what the could be, I.e, the editor is very advanced so far (without even make mention the possibilities with scripts). For my part I think all the minigames lead to the same secret, but who knows? I do not think this is something troll, just schedule a lot of minigames, a different way to find each one, the anti-cheat system (that makes the game do clash if is detected) only-use use codes, etc. Must lead to something great!

Link not working, can post a mirror? please :(

*Projects WIP:
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #70by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 4:48

DarkMecha wrote:Did you read my post? There's the download link of my exe plus the config file :P

I'm so sorry. I never got notified of that post. Especially since it was the last post in the page, I did'nt get to see it. The problem now is that the link you provided does not work.
Links
ImageImageImage

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #71by Lx Xzit » 13 Mar 2016, 5:50

Oh okay! I reuploaded this on Sendscape (is the only place where I can upload things now at least while I get a new account on MediaFire or in Mega):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/9j1k5l
The problem only is that the link will break soon if nobody use it. Tell me guys if you're able to see the button "Easter Egg" in editor!
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #72by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 6:28

DarkMecha wrote:Oh okay! I reuploaded this on Sendscape (is the only place where I can upload things now at least while I get a new account on MediaFire or in Mega):
The problem only is that the link will break soon if nobody use it. Tell me guys if you're able to see the button "Easter Egg" in editor!

Nope, the Easter egg menu did not appear. I checked the cfg. and it was changed to "Disable hidden function=True". I changed it back to "false" but it did not work. I have no idea how the program checks to see if you got someone else's cfg. but somehow its not the .exe that checks for that. The creator must have done a really clever technique. I am waiting on gabrieljamh response to see if he did get it to work.

Here is the file in Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z4cc0qyqp2uay80/smbx.zip
Links
ImageImageImage

FanofSMBX
Topic author, Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Topic author, Contributor
Contributor

Post #73by FanofSMBX » 13 Mar 2016, 7:30

Great job guys.

Man, if the thing really deletes your hard drive (which I believe it wouldn't)... get ready for the annoyingness of Super Mario Uprising from me, but even more.

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #74by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 7:34

FanofSMBX wrote:Great job guys.

Man, if the thing really deletes your hard drive (which I believe it wouldn't)... get ready for the annoyingness of Super Mario Uprising from me, but even more.
No it does not. It is just a troll. When you click on the button to reset your hard drive, it will ask your IDN. Simply put random numbers and repeat 5 times. It will unlock another minigame.
Links
ImageImageImage

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #75by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 9:04

Yoshi021 wrote:
DarkMecha wrote:Oh okay! I reuploaded this on Sendscape (is the only place where I can upload things now at least while I get a new account on MediaFire or in Mega):

Nope, the Easter egg menu did not appear. I checked the cfg. and it was changed to "Disable hidden function=True". I changed it back to "false" but it did not work. I have no idea how the program checks to see if you got someone else's cfg. but somehow its not the .exe that checks for that. The creator must have done a really clever technique. I am waiting on gabrieljamh response to see if he did get it to work.

Here is the file in Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z4cc0qyqp2uay80/smbx.zip

I-I just don't believe I just did it :unexpectedly:

I got the Easter Egg in view menu! now I know how to do it, by the way, the Boxes GameIDN is 5 in Easter Egg

*NOTE: you can only play already played minigames in this menu, since I tried the 3 that most people have here and yes, the extra lines in config saves what minigames you already played and the ID of the minigame is in the config too (like: "RegCode[GameIDN]=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" )

*Projects WIP:
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #76by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 17:03

Good job finally unlocking the easter egg select. For some reason, my cfg. does not update. I played at least every minigame that has been discovered, yet my cfg. does nor have the Reg. code. DarkMecha said the only minigame that worked for him had an id of 3, and his cfg. RegBaseSN, and RegCode3. So that goes with [RedCodeX]=Game id. I wonder why my SMBX does not give me the easter egg select.

Also, when I was playing the math minigame, it gave me this at question 186.
I only got to question 192, but then the questions got too hard. i have no idea how to work with Hexadecimal, and some questions gave me an overflow to my calculator.

To update the list
Math (Id number: 1): There is a chance the word Advanced Settings will be colored. Click it while holding shift to play the mini game.
Spoiler
Sudoku-thingy (Id number: N/A):Open events and select other. There is a chance a "C" will appear next to the message button. Press the "C" to play the mini game.
Spoiler
Boxes (Id number: 5):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "What this?" will appear. Pressing it will show a buton that unlocks the mini game.
Spoiler
Maze (Id number: 6): Go to World Editor and click settings; then options.There is a chance an option saying "Guess what this is" will appear. It will show a button that says "Click Me" Pressing it various times will unlocks the mini game. It is recommended to continuously "press tab+enter".
Spoiler
Match the Numbers (Id number: N/A):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "Don't Click Me" will appear. Pressing it will make a button appear that says it will format your hard disk. Press it and input random number a few times. Don't worry, it won't mess with your computer.
Spoiler
Fill in the Circles (Id number: N/A):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "Access Denied" will appear. It will show this "Reload" Press it like 500 times to unlock the mini game.
Spoiler
Move the Circles (Id number: 3):Go to Variables and click mode. There might be an option that says "Local Array" Clicking this will unlock the mini game.
Spoiler

Mini game Select: In view, there will be a button that says "Easter egg" Pressing it will ask you what minigame you want to play. You choose the mini game by inputting the mini game's id number. To unlock, allow the time to run out in any minigame. Note:You must allow the time to run out in order for you to be able to input the id.
Spoiler
Last edited by Yoshi021 on 14 Mar 2016, 1:49, edited 3 times in total.
Links
ImageImageImage

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #77by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 18:39

Yoshi021 wrote:Good job finally unlocking the easter egg select. For some reason, my cfg. does not update. I played at least every minigame that has been discovered, yet my cfg. does nor have the Reg. code. DarkMecha said the only minigame that worked for him had an id of 3, and his cfg. RegBaseSN, and RegCode3. So that goes with [RedCodeX]=Game id. I wonder why my SMBX does not give me the easter egg select.

Also, when I was playing the math minigame, it gave me this at question 186.
I only got to question 192, but then the questions got too hard. i have no idea how to work with Hexadecimal, and some questions gave me an overflow to my calculator.

To update the list
Math (Id number: N/A): There is a chance the word Advanced Settings will be colored. Click it while holding shift to play the mini game.
Spoiler
Sudoku-thingy (Id number: N/A):Open events and select other. There is a chance a "C" will appear next to the message button. Press the "C" to play the mini game.
Spoiler
Boxes (Id number: 5):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "What this?" will appear. Pressing it will show a buton that unlocks the mini game.
Spoiler
Maze (Id number: N/A): Go to World Editor and click settings; then options.There is a chance an option saying "Guess what this is" will appear. It will show a button that says "Click Me" Pressing it various times will unlocks the mini game. It is recommended to continuously "press tab+enter".
Spoiler
Match the Numbers (Id number: N/A):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "Don't Click Me" will appear. Pressing it will make a button appear that says it will format your hard disk. Press it and input random number a few times. Don't worry, it won't mess with your computer.
Spoiler
Fill in the Circles (Id number: N/A):Go to World Editor and click settings; then options. There is a chance an option saying "Access Denied" will appear. It will show this "Reload" Press it like 500 times to unlock the mini game.
Spoiler
Move the Circles (Id number: N/A):Go to Variables and click mode. There might be an option that says "Local Array" Clicking this will unlock the mini game.
Spoiler

Mini game Select: In view, there will be a button that says "Easter egg" Pressing it will ask you what minigame you want to play. You choose the mini game by inputting the mini game's id number. It is unknown how to unlock this.
Spoiler

I unlocked the Easter Egg master by time up in Boxes minigame, also, Math minigame gameIDN is 1

EDIT: oh, and good job geting at the mesage I said before ;-)

*Projects WIP:
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #78by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 18:59

gabrieljamh wrote:I unlocked the Easter Egg master by time up in Boxes minigame, also, Math minigame gameIDN is 1

EDIT: oh, and good job geting at the mesage I said before ;-)
If a time up is what triggered the Easter egg select, then the way the program must work is that the program will not register you activating a minigame if it ended with Task Manager, it must be completed or ended normally

Also, when playing the Boxes mini game, I noticed that it closed randomly, I had to open the mnigame again, and they first two puzzles were that same as the frist time, but just flipped by 90 degrees.
Links
ImageImageImage

gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen
gabrieljamh M
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #79by gabrieljamh » 13 Mar 2016, 19:37

yep, you need to wait the time get in 00:00:00 to unlock the GameIDN+EasterEgg Master, if you use the task manager, it will not work, the IDN is unlocked by a game over, and yep, there's a lot of repeated questions in minigames, I think they are random, but also, prewrited, that means we can save the answers for later be faster

*Projects WIP:
Skyrim serie (unnamed)

*Projects stopped:

*working in:
Model/video making (MMD)

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #80by Yoshi021 » 13 Mar 2016, 20:35

Yes, I finally got the Easter Egg selection. I will try to find a free recording program, and try to record the answers for the box minigame. Since it takes me like 30 minutes to solve the harder ones, it will be amazing to simply have them on a video, and just do what the video says. This will let us have extra time for the last ones, and we will not have to memorize the answers.
Links
ImageImageImage

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”