SMBX-38A 1.4.5 Decompilation

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Guih48
Citizen
Citizen
Guih48
Citizen
Citizen

So, the source, (38A, and his SMBX)

Post #21by Guih48 » 9 Feb 2022, 7:02

So, this is the current state of smbx38a:

Void wrote:I believe it is somewhat obvious 38a has had no plans on returning to make another update for the engine. During that time, thanks to the efforts of Core, she has found a way to create a decompilation of the SMBX-38A 1.4.5 executable. Members in the 38a Discord server have been aware of the decompilation for a few months now, and I believe that it is safe now to post it here, considering it is rather obvious 38a is not coming back and most definitely will not be giving anybody the source code.

Both the Discord and the forum can he view how we can't see. And possibly he can watch us now.

But I think, the 1.4.5's last patch the 31.1 was. And 38As disappear is points to there be never get updates, but the opposite is also possible, so we need to hope the best too.

I'm not very sure about his return plans.
His disappear is can be caused by several reasons:

• He isn't interested in future development.
• He wants to test our easter egg finding and software engineering skills. :rofl:
• He has no internet.
• In China, some political reason is possible.
• He wants to be similar to Redigit, and he wants to disappear from smbx development as Redigit.

But I think, we can't hope the publishing of source code like Redigit, because 38A most likely thinks we'll get angry for possible tracking functions, and his minigames just was good-for-nothing, etc...

Void wrote: Do note that this is not the source code, and that a decompilation is not the same as source code, however, I do believe the decompilation could be of use to anybody interested in wanting to potentially remove the anti-cheat measures and enable hidden functions. I unfortunately cannot be much help in doing either of these, as I do not even remotely have the technical knowledge to do such a thing.

Void wrote: This'll be the closest we'll ever get to the source code, and I do hope that the decomp can be of use to some people. I want to thank Core again for going through the effort of creating a decomp of the game, and I would like to apologize for not posting about the decomp here sooner.

It isn't really true.
We can try a vb6 decomplier too instead of c++,
But actually there IS a way to logically get the whole source. But ... this isn't means that we can do custom changes, or even understand the code, because this method gives back, what actually the smbx.exe means, this method is that method, which always possible, but in most cases isn't useful at all, because terribly confusing, this is the method, from which some programmers think worse than building from scratch this method is the Disassembling. :wizard:

So we can get back all assembly files from smbx, which can be built back into the same exe, besause between machine code and assembly there is 1:1conversion. So while assemblies is hard to understand, we can easily convert them to any programming language, and with hard work, and some debugging and testing will be able to understand and modify smbx38a's code. And we have to use all information, which we know about smbx38a (like whitch in PGE's config pack). :drilling:

So we can try the following options:

• Wait for 5438A38A to come back. :sleeping:
• Decompiling the code fragments, and revive with other engines(1.3; thextech)
• The hard and boring disassembling, what only can surely give the true code.
• Hack with lua or something similar, like 1.3 .
• rewrite from scratch, with some collected information.
• Code the new features in teaScript.
• Do nothing, now good enough.

Spoiler
I also found some guides there:www.program-transformation.org
And some VB6 decompilers: www.vb-decompiler.org www.decompiler-vb.net
For free disassembling: ghidra-sre.org

Yes, I know, is would be better, if I post this as a new thread.
Guih48 :tux:

Chanceux2 M
Our friend
Our friend
Chanceux2 M
Our friend
Our friend

Post #22by Chanceux2 » 9 Feb 2022, 15:28

Guih48 wrote: • He isn't interested in future development.
• He wants to test our easter egg finding and software engineering skills. :rofl:
• He has no internet.
• In China, some political reason is possible.
• He wants to be similar to Redigit, and he wants to disappear from smbx development as Redigit.

Except, that 5438A38A developed this game for ~5 years. UNlike Redigit who has been developing SMBX Vanilla for 2 years..

Guih48 wrote: • Wait for 5438A38A to come back. :sleeping:

Spoiler

tbh it'd be better it revive it with thextech as it is just a faster a better way to play 1.3 episodes.

Guih48 wrote:Yes, I know, is would be better, if I post this as a new thread.

I mean it does have to do with the decompliation and this is a 38a decompliation thread

Guih48
Citizen
Citizen
Guih48
Citizen
Citizen

If vb6

Post #23by Guih48 » 9 Feb 2022, 23:07

Chanceux2 wrote:
Guih48 wrote: • Wait for 5438A38A to come back. :sleeping:

Spoiler

tbh it'd be better it revive it with thextech as it is just a faster a better way to play 1.3 episodes.

Yes, but I think, its depending on the programming language what are we working in is VB6 or C++ (or if other, which more smiliar with).

Sorry for my bad English

Guih48
Citizen
Citizen
Guih48
Citizen
Citizen

A better idea, an older version

Post #24by Guih48 » 25 Feb 2022, 22:47

And also I forgot this! If we want to get the sources, we should try to decompile the 1.4.4 because the 1.4.5 must have more anti-decompliation issues, but 1.4.4 is must be more decomliable because it made before the Hexagon issue.

Neito
Our friend
Our friend
Neito
Our friend
Our friend

Post #25by Neito » 28 Feb 2022, 16:36

How do I compile it to make my own version.
When I try build and run in codeblocks it always results in an error

Guih48
Citizen
Citizen
Guih48
Citizen
Citizen

This isn't used to build, because it isn't possible!

Post #26by Guih48 » 1 Mar 2022, 0:08

Neito wrote:How do I compile it to make my own version.
When I try build and run in codeblocks it always results in an error

Yes, of course, because this only a piece of the real source code, which is almost impossible to get exactly (and this code don't even have a main() section)

Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count
Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count

38A Decompiled and nothing are synonymous.

Post #27by Victor ManuelMR » 5 Mar 2022, 20:26

Spoiler
Void wrote:I believe it is somewhat obvious 38a has had no plans on returning to make another update for the engine. During that time, thanks to the efforts of Core, she has found a way to create a decompilation of the SMBX-38A 1.4.5 executable. Members in the 38a Discord server have been aware of the decompilation for a few months now, and I believe that it is safe now to post it here, considering it is rather obvious 38a is not coming back and most definitely will not be giving anybody the source code.

So without further ado, the decomp can be found here.

Do note that this is not the source code, and that a decompilation is not the same as source code, however, I do believe the decompilation could be of use to anybody interested in wanting to potentially remove the anti-cheat measures and enable hidden functions. I unfortunately cannot be much help in doing either of these, as I do not even remotely have the technical knowledge to do such a thing.

This'll be the closest we'll ever get to the source code, and I do hope that the decomp can be of use to some people. I want to thank Core again for going through the effort of creating a decomp of the game, and I would like to apologize for not posting about the decomp here sooner.

At the end of the day, it won't do any good.
No one on this forum has enough knowledge to be able to decompile this game perfectly.
All the variables are very random and there no way to guess what each thing does, only the 38A itself knows how it works.
It's easier to recreate the SMBX-38A than to decompile it.

Spoiler
I know there will be very few who will have any interest in actually doing this.
[1.4.5] - Dream Team at The Challenging Portals:

krakin M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
krakin M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
English Pronouns: he/him
YouTube

Post #28by krakin » 10 Mar 2022, 7:25

So from what I'm seeing, 38A is basically just dead at this point?
Tone indicators : /j= joking, /srs= serious, /lh= light-hearted, /s= sarcastic[/b]
My main YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOpAMKaq2pSYfIV5ivHp6w
Secondary YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/BarryKoopa
more about me
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456

Chanceux2 M
Our friend
Our friend
Chanceux2 M
Our friend
Our friend

Post #29by Chanceux2 » 10 Mar 2022, 15:10

krakin wrote:So from what I'm seeing, 38A is basically just dead at this point?

i mean yeah? Unless he just randomly comes back

+KZ
Close friend
Close friend
+KZ
Close friend
Close friend

Post #30by +KZ » 17 Jan 2023, 18:16

Is there any interesting progress with this?
:ɔ ଇ ଈ :Ɖ :ɛ
GOOGLE TRANSLATE

SEE MY PROJECT
lol, it's a fake link

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”