How to disable Yoshi in world map?

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Omega02 M
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Omega02 M
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Youtube channel URL

Post #1by Omega02 » 8 Mar 2021, 8:40

Is it possible to disable Yoshi in the world map after the player finishes the level with Yoshi (like in NSMBW)? This is very important for my episode because most levels are specifically not designed for Yoshi.

Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count
Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count

Post #2by Victor ManuelMR » 10 Mar 2021, 1:49

OfficialJC02 wrote:Is it possible to disable Yoshi in the world map after the player finishes the level with Yoshi (like in NSMBW)? This is very important for my episode because most levels are specifically not designed for Yoshi.

Use "Char(1).ItemSlot = 0" when the player touches an exit item.
If you think you're going to do something. Create a Script, where the Yoshi (NPC that is standing still) disappears when the player passes the level.
[1.4.5] - Dream Team at The Challenging Portals:

Omega02 M
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Omega02 M
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Youtube channel URL

Post #3by Omega02 » 11 Mar 2021, 4:04

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrEm873tcJI

This gets the job done, but it doesn’t look good. I don’t know if it is possible to have Mario jump off Yoshi after getting the flagpole, and even if it is possible it will be complicated. I will leave it like this as a last resort, but I believe there are better alternatives.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”