All Tip of the Day - 1.4.4
Posted: 15 Oct 2020, 22:52
- 1 - Use 'exit script' to immediately stop the executing of scripts or exit functions.
- 2 - Special events have many special effects. Before having a hard time simulating a feature with scripts, check the special events frist to see if there are built-in versions, like SMB3 Power-up system.
- 3 - Buttons, Textboxes, checkboxes and other elements in Level Events window can all be right-clicked. If you have trouble finding out what a button does, why not right-click it ?
- 4 - Multiple conditions can be follower after the 'Case' in 'Select Case' statements. Separete them with commas.
- 5 - For some NPCs, 'ivalA','ivalB',ivalC' variables are already in use by the game. You can tell the meanings of them by monitoring the values of them. Adjusting their values in a proper way is helpful when customizing NPCs.
- 6 - NPCs have more the 30 properties.
- 7 - The fourth Easter Egg unlocks two features and they are called 'Feature F2' and 'Feature U4' in other daily tips.
- 8 - There is a way in the script system to draw characters from font files.
- 9 - The upper limit for the number of coins a player can store is customizable. You can achieve itt by adjusting the value of a sysval variable. The name of that variable is 'Identifier I3'.
- 10 - 'Function I4' has only one parameter standing for ID of the event.
- 11 - 'Param T5' is greater than 1.
- 12 - You can move your scripts to be used in multiple levels (Like custom HUD) to global scripts.
- 13 - Parametric equations can be pretty handy in many cases, like making NPCs move in circles. By the way, you can improve your math abilities by playing Easter Egg games. *laugh*
- 14 - The name of 'Function C4' is 'vallistw'.
- 15 - The name of 'Function I4' is 'spevent'.
- 16 - 'Param A8' is 'BQC5'.
- 17 - 'Param K4' stands for the name of the array.
- 18 - 'Game Save Editor' can edit some of the save data generated by unpacked maps. Like altering the visibility of world map objects and checking the star acquisition information.
- 19 - 'Function J4' has two Double-typed parameters determining the index of the element.
- 20 - 'Identifier N8' is 'disablespinjump'.
- 21 - Valuable suggestions are accepted rapidly, if they fulfill 'Three requirements'.
- 22 - If the is call-back way to run scripts, don't use the looping way. For exemple, you should try let NPCs run scripts when they are killed, instead of checking whether the NPcs are dead on every frame.
- 23 - 'Feature V6' enables you to customize the cutscene picture shown when entering a level.
- 24 - 'Player GFX Offset Settings' will affect the single level. There is a way to make it affect the whole world.
I know it's useless today, I made this post more out of curiosity.