Ice Physics PSA

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Eclipsed
Topic author, Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
Eclipsed
Topic author, Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator

Post #1by Eclipsed » 7 Aug 2020, 0:18

Please Do Not Use Ice Physics in the Current State Due To How Buggy They Are

1. You feel like you're literally walking on quicksand if you want to change or build up momentum from a stationary position (leading to unfair deaths such as when a platform is rapidly descending)
2. It glitches out randomly making it so you can't move for half a second midair or on the ground (leading to unfair deaths)
3. The ice physics after you jump off a ice block affects you midair for no reason (leading to unfair deaths)

Due to this, almost every episode with ice physics instantly becomes a lot worse. There's been entire episodes that I've played where the quality of it was ruined by one world with ice physics. I'm hoping this will get fixed in the future because in it's current state, this is the one game that I have ever played that has the worst ice physics.

This is a PSA so you don't accidentally ruin the entire quality of your episode.

3color BombDX
Close friend
Close friend
3color BombDX
Close friend
Close friend
YouTube

Post #2by 3color BombDX » 17 Aug 2020, 0:53

Eclipsed wrote:Please Do Not Use Ice Physics in the Current State Due To How Buggy They Are

1. You feel like you're literally walking on quicksand if you want to change or build up momentum from a stationary position (leading to unfair deaths such as when a platform is rapidly descending)
2. It glitches out randomly making it so you can't move for half a second midair or on the ground (leading to unfair deaths)
3. The ice physics after you jump off a ice block affects you midair for no reason (leading to unfair deaths)

Due to this, almost every episode with ice physics instantly becomes a lot worse. There's been entire episodes that I've played where the quality of it was ruined by one world with ice physics. I'm hoping this will get fixed in the future because in it's current state, this is the one game that I have ever played that has the worst ice physics.

This is a PSA so you don't accidentally ruin the entire quality of your episode.
you could have posted this as a bug report at the topic though
Gosh, for how many years have i been out?
Well, things change, don't they?

Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count
Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count

Post #3by Victor ManuelMR » 14 Feb 2021, 1:18

Eclipsed wrote:Please Do Not Use Ice Physics in the Current State Due To How Buggy They Are

Physics is currently the same as 1.3
[1.4.5] - Dream Team at The Challenging Portals:

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”