Support of Letters

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author
ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author

Post #1by ListenFryderykChopin » 21 Jun 2020, 22:44

Hello,

My message is mainly written to devs. I'm a pole and sometimes I'm making polish SMBX maps. I saw, that SMBX doesn't support letters like: ś, ć, ź, ż, ó, ą, ę, ł, ň and many other. This is very annynoing sometimes and I hope, that you will fix it.

P4VL0VSKEY :)

P. S. I'm not writing a hate. It's only opinion. You all are very cool devs. Please don't be mad at me. :) :)

+KZ
Close friend
Close friend
+KZ
Close friend
Close friend

Post #2by +KZ » 22 Jun 2020, 0:58

if you didn't know ...if you are talking about the 100% original smbx, its development stopped years ago
:ɔ ଇ ଈ :Ɖ :ɛ
GOOGLE TRANSLATE

SEE MY PROJECT
lol, it's a fake link

ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author
ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author

Post #3by ListenFryderykChopin » 22 Jun 2020, 1:01

+KZ wrote:if you didn't know ...if you are talking about the 100% original smbx, its development stopped years ago
No, I'm talking about SMBX by 38A 1.4.5.

+KZ
Close friend
Close friend
+KZ
Close friend
Close friend

Post #4by +KZ » 22 Jun 2020, 1:57

P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
+KZ wrote:if you didn't know ...if you are talking about the 100% original smbx, its development stopped years ago
well.. you posted it on SMBX>General you must post it on SMBX>SMBX By 38A...
:ɔ ଇ ଈ :Ɖ :ɛ
GOOGLE TRANSLATE

SEE MY PROJECT
lol, it's a fake link

ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author
ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author

Post #5by ListenFryderykChopin » 22 Jun 2020, 11:10

+KZ wrote:
P4VL0VSKEY wrote:

I'm talking about SMBX2 and little bit TheXTech (who is the SMBX's port to C++) :)

Added after 42 seconds:
+KZ wrote:
P4VL0VSKEY wrote:

I'm sorry for problems :)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #6by Wohlstand » 26 Jun 2020, 15:57

Moved! ;-)

ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author
ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author

Post #7by ListenFryderykChopin » 26 Jun 2020, 17:27

Wohlstand wrote:Moved! ;-)
Wait, I'm talking about 2 versions of our game. SMBX2 and SMBX by 38A, so why it was moved? :)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #8by Wohlstand » 26 Jun 2020, 17:29

P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
Wait, I'm talking about 2 versions of our game. SMBX2 and SMBX by 38A, so why it was moved? :)
For SMBX2 that is impossible without of hard lua tricks and libraries (however, I'm not sure is this really possible :comando: ). In 38A it's already possible to print Chinese (in a condition of current ANSI charset is Chinese) and some other things. Unfortunately it won't work with Unicode, so, no way to print multi-lingual messages. In PGE Engine that is possible already and fully supported. TheXTech doesn't supports a thing yet, but I have a plan to backport PGE Engine's font manager to allow non-ASCII characters being printed in the game.

ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author
ListenFryderykChopin
Topic author

Post #9by ListenFryderykChopin » 26 Jun 2020, 17:32

Wohlstand wrote:
P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
For SMBX2 that is impossible without of hard lua tricks. In 38A it's already possible to print Chinese (in a condition of current ANSI charset is Chinese) and some other things. Unfortunately it won't work with Unicode, so, no way to print multi-lingual messages. In PGE Engine that is possible already and fully supported. TheXTech doesn't supports a thing yet, but I have a plan to backport PGE Engine's font manager to allow non-ASCII characters being printed in the game.

Okay Sir, I'm very happy. It's not problem and I didn't know, that is it hard. Thanks for the reply!

Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count
Victor ManuelMR M
Count
Count

Post #10by Victor ManuelMR » 19 Jul 2020, 8:58

Wohlstand wrote:
P4VL0VSKEY wrote:
For SMBX2 that is impossible without of hard lua tricks and libraries (however, I'm not sure is this really possible :comando: ). In 38A it's already possible to print Chinese (in a condition of current ANSI charset is Chinese) and some other things. Unfortunately it won't work with Unicode, so, no way to print multi-lingual messages. In PGE Engine that is possible already and fully supported. TheXTech doesn't supports a thing yet, but I have a plan to backport PGE Engine's font manager to allow non-ASCII characters being printed in the game.

Does SMBX use a font (.TTF), or are they just images being used as such?
[1.4.5] - Dream Team at The Challenging Portals:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #11by Wohlstand » 19 Jul 2020, 14:53

Victor ManuelMR wrote:Does SMBX use a font (.TTF), or are they just images being used as such?
SMBX-38a For Chinese font yes. Vanilla SMBX and TheXTech (right now) are using raster font from a textures. PGE Engine does use of raster textures and TTF as a fallback.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”