ON/OFF Switches

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

PaperMarioYT
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
PaperMarioYT
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #1by PaperMarioYT » 12 Jul 2019, 6:58

One question, I've always wondered what function the on / off switches had, someone would be kind enough to tell me what their function is, I would be very grateful.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #2by Lx Xzit » 12 Jul 2019, 9:33

They do nothing from themselves. They just toggle between "on" and "off" blocks and play the "switch" sound effect. If you want them to do anything, you will have to use events/scripts.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #3by Void-the-Bat » 13 Aug 2019, 3:46

Lx Xzit wrote:They do nothing from themselves. They just toggle between "on" and "off" blocks and play the "switch" sound effect. If you want them to do anything, you will have to use events/scripts.
Actually, as of 1.4.5, you don't even need to use events or scripts in some cases, mainly being the object editor.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”