it looks like that SMBX 1.4.5 is coming?

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

skyblueyoshi
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
skyblueyoshi
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by skyblueyoshi » 23 May 2019, 15:05

38A doesn't cancel his project and SMBX-38A is still under development. SMBX 1.4.5 will add more interesting elements of Super Mario Maker & Super Mario Maker 2, as well as more powerful editing functions. The new version will be released after the performance test is completed.

Here is a screenshot of SMBX 1.4.5.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 23 May 2019, 18:03

Good!
Related to PGE Editor: Yeah, I had an idea to use QPropertiesBrowser on everything to make minimalistic and handy properties UI, and this concept showing that it's looks good! :fox:

CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen
CodeX
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #3by CodeX » 23 May 2019, 20:54

Oh my gosh! It’s coming! :shout:

Tricolor BombDX
Our friend
Our friend
Tricolor BombDX
Our friend
Our friend

Post #4by Tricolor BombDX » 23 May 2019, 20:59

skyblueyoshi, where did you get this information?
I support these projects:
[list]MARIO & LUIGI - The Great Quest
Super Mario - Rainbow Road
Super Mario Bros.: The Great Adventure
Adventures in 2DU
[/list]

Forested Gamer M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Forested Gamer M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #5by Forested Gamer » 23 May 2019, 21:02

I think this is real because skyblueyoshi was 1.3 discovery finder search google find more about it.

Added after 2 minutes 41 seconds:

Added after 2 hours 35 minutes:
I just noticee that the page url where screenshot coming confirms that its real skyblueyoshi.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #6by Lx Xzit » 26 May 2019, 6:04

I wonder what "Editor Script" contains.

However, I have a little concern about this:
The pipe is facing the opposite direction.

It should be like this instead
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis
Yave Yu M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #7by Yave Yu » 26 May 2019, 6:58

Waiting for 1.4.5 release.
But some levels which uses easter egg functions will not compatible in 1.4.5, it's terrible.
Visit my YouTube channel Yave Yu!

HengShao M
Good citizen
Good citizen
HengShao M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Tencent QQ

Post #8by HengShao » 26 May 2019, 7:56

Ah hah,that looks interesting~ #(Funny Face)
2333~ #(滑稽)
An interesting SMBX 1.4.4 CHINESE episode:

If you're interested in the project above,or just want to discuss SMBX,welcome to the Hel Studio Discord Server~ :
https://discord.gg/vw84Gxa

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #9by Eri7 » 26 May 2019, 10:22

I hope it does come out but i am afraid just how many stuff will break if 38A really decided to remove all of the secret features and functions...
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

TheCreator520
Close friend
Close friend
TheCreator520
Close friend
Close friend

Post #10by TheCreator520 » 26 May 2019, 10:40

Good lord, it is getting funnier and more awkward.

MmmMario
Passerby
Passerby
MmmMario
Passerby
Passerby

Post #11by MmmMario » 27 May 2019, 12:24

TheCreator520 wrote:Good lord, it is getting funnier and more awkward.
HE'S BACK

BOTH THECREATOR520 AND 5438A38A ARE BACK.

Oldinameste
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Oldinameste
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #12by Oldinameste » 27 May 2019, 14:52

Is there any evidence that this is not a fake?...

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #13by Wohlstand » 27 May 2019, 17:05

Oldinameste wrote:Is there any evidence that this is not a fake?...
In the 38A Discord server we have discussed out the thing, and it's possible fake, or... mention to another game engine called as "NSMX" we have found here: http://blueyoshi.cn/nsmx/index However, downloads are mirrored to here http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Collected/NSMX/ because of Baidu Pan that gives no way to download if visitor has no Baidu account that now is impossible to get without having Chinese cell phone number.

And what we can see:
- It's Chinese only, and completely unreadable without switching of default ANSI charset into GB2312. The biggest con of VisualBasic environment that it doesn't support Unicode, therefore non-ASCII apps will be unreadable on foreign computers.
- It's unworkable, even after switching of ANSI locale to Chinese and international standards into Chinese: it will crash with "Precedure not found" on game start, or in Editor on an attempt to load any random level. No matter where: Wine, Windows 7, or Windows XP. However, some guys are got it working, but it will still crash after few time.
- SMX has founded in 2008 even before SMBX was founded.
- SMX/NSMX is completely unrelated to SMBX, but, looks similar.
- I have found NSMX also uses my VB6 binding of my SDL Mixer X :fox:

If you are really the same SkyBlueYoshi who is creator of (N)SMX, I wanna have some private conversation with you via any convenient way (PM here on forums, Discord, QQ, email, etc.)

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #14by Lx Xzit » 27 May 2019, 21:25

Oldinameste wrote:Is there any evidence that this is not a fake?...

This is what I found:
  • We know that skyblueyoshi isn't a random member who just happened to register here and leave us with this screenshot. He's been in the smbx comunity for a while and he even found out how to make custom slopes for smbx 1.3 (as pointed above). He also have an account at smbx.org and the staff gave us a hand to verify if it's the same person, and yes, he effectively is.

TheCreator520 also pointed "blueyoshi is a close friend of 38a, they might have contacted these days.".
    (Note: blueyoshi and skyblueyoshi are the same person, just look at the URL where the image was uploaded)
  • I did put my mouse in the exact same coordinates as in the screenshot and they match perfectly. Look (sorry is a bit blurred):
    Spoiler
  • The 38A logo was updated as I suggested here (unfortunately, I edited the topic and removed the original icon I suggested, instead, made a new icon). The icon in smbx 1.4.4 is this:

The one I suggested, and is being used in that screenshot is this:

The new one have three green colours instead two, also the mushroom's base is sightly different. Even when the image in the screenshot is blurred, we can distinguish it's the new icon, but what does point out this anyway? It's a silly detail but it gives more credibility to 38A, because if this was fake who would even take the time to look at suggestions subforum and take this icon?
  • Everything in the screenshot seems to match well with current features, except for the "Editor Settings" submenu which is presumaly inside "Editor Script" (remember that "Section Clone" and "Editor Script" are not deployed).
  • I don't think this is related at all with NSMX since both UIs seems completely different. I mean, can we really relate thisto this? I also heard that 38A was involved in SMX long time ago, so that's probably why they are both similar. Also wouldn't it mean that 38a and blueyoshi did effectively work together?
  • By last, I don't see why anyone would be willing to work that hard on a fake screenshot like this.

But some levels which uses easter egg functions will not compatible in 1.4.5, it's terrible.
I'm terribly worried about this, as I've been saying several times, almost all my scripts will become broken if 38A deletes arrays. I am willing to rewrite them as long as there's a good method to filter IDs of blocks/npcs without having to add +80 conditions in a single line. I'm ok with everything else, but this really worries me a lot!

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #15by Eri7 » 27 May 2019, 21:53

I too am hoping 38A doesn't delete all of the hidden functions and features since i have used some of them and having them getting deleted will ruin some of my levels :(
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #16by Wohlstand » 28 May 2019, 14:42

Eri7 wrote:I too am hoping 38A doesn't delete all of the hidden functions and features since i have used some of them and having them getting deleted will ruin some of my levels :(
Anyway, be ready to meet a worst case when 38A will ruin hidden features, it's may happen or may not, but be ready and make an alternative variant of your level that will don't use hiddens.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #17by Lx Xzit » 28 May 2019, 16:00

It's confirmed. It's real:

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Bat
Bat
Website

Post #18by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 30 May 2019, 2:18

Good to know Blue Yoshi isn't a curve wrecker.

wait, "curve wrecker" has two meaning that are the opposite of each other, now I'm just confused
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #19by ThatEricGuy » 11 Jun 2019, 14:56

So this is real?
Cool!
[url=https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922]https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922[img]https://i.imgur.com/nOjKwr1.png[/img][/url]

Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Stardown
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Website

Post #20by Stardown » 15 Jun 2019, 9:39

I haven't made any levels that use these hidden codes. It's the lack of changelog I'm worried about. I guess we can come up with our own changelog.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”