The Great SMBX38A Level Contest III (The Finale?)

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Lx Xzit, Yoshi021, 5438A38A, Moderators, Semi-moderatos

MarioKirby101
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
MarioKirby101
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #1by MarioKirby101 » 7 Oct 2018, 0:45

Alright, so it's that time again. Another level contest for the SMBX38A engine. Will this be the last one? Only time will tell. But regardless of that, it is time to make your levels to be judged by our panel (myself, KoopsAkimoto, and Greencat) to see who is truly the best level designer. But before you launch that .exe file once more, here are a few rules you should follow, if you don't want to lose points or be disqualified. (Before you ask, yes. I am the official host this time, Yoshi gave me permission to do so)

Rules
    The level must be playable and completable using SMBX 38A. The level will be judged using version 1.4.4 Patch 2. The level will be disqualified if it is not compatible with SMBX 38A.
    No encrypted levels are allowed. The level will be disqualified if the level is encrypted.
    You can only submit one level. If more than one level is submitted, one level will be chosen to be judged.
    Each level must have minimum one SMB3 star. No other level exit is allowed. However, an additional star (SMB3 or SMW) is allowed.
    The HUDset command is banned. You may use Texts and Bitmaps instead.
    Judges ARE allowed to submit levels, but they won't be judging their own levels. We will have an additional fourth judge for those levels.
    All levels will be anonymous, with the creator not being revealed to the judges until after the judging has ended.

How to Submit
The level must be submitted in a zip file.
The music and the sound effects must be in the same folder as the level. Names for sound and music files must start with the level's name.
Inside the data folder, place all of the custom graphics. You may also include a file called "_notes.txt" for credits and specifications for the level (level must be played with X or Y character, for example)

Penalties
    You will lose 1 point if any of these things are found in your level:
    The level has an level exit other than an SMB3 Star (you can make it look like whatever you want, but the NPC that ends the level must be NPC-97.
    The HUDset command is used.
    The files aren't in the right format.
    If a level is submitted late, then you will lose 0.5 points for every day late it is (come on, you have 2 months to do this one).

Judges
    Judges
    Mario Kirby
    KoopsAkimoto
    Greencat
    Eri7 (extra judge)

Our Level-Judging Rubric:
    Design: 4 points
    Aesthetics: 3 points
    Creativity: 3 points

The deadline is December 1st. When your levels are done, PM them to me here, or DM them to me via Discord.

Now, with all that out of the way, get creating!
Last edited by MarioKirby101 on 7 Oct 2018, 1:18, edited 1 time in total.

Eri7 M
Count
Count
Eri7 M
Count
Count

Post #2by Eri7 » 7 Oct 2018, 1:07

I hope i am going to be helpful as an extra judge because i want this contest to be great!
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

I support:

MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
MidoriNeko M
Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #3by MidoriNeko » 9 Oct 2018, 2:04

I'm happy to yet again be a part of this contest. :) It was about time we made a new one (and hopefully it is not the last) :clapping:
Current Project:

You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

Eri7 M
Count
Count
Eri7 M
Count
Count

Post #4by Eri7 » 20 Nov 2018, 1:38

Hey guys, just to let you know that there are 2 weeks left until the contest is over so be sure to finish your levels on time.

I support:

Eri7 M
Count
Count
Eri7 M
Count
Count

Post #5by Eri7 » 1 Dec 2018, 14:30

One day left guys!

I support:

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”