About the recent drama over Haxagon.

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Website

Post #1by Void-the-Bat » 13 Aug 2018, 19:30

Original post
Spoiler
I feel you all are being a little too harsh on 38A. He doesn't want to release certain features just yet because they may be broken, but he still gave an opportunity for the dedicated fans to try them out by unlocking them. You are all so impatient to the point that you guys discovered a hacking tool and used it just to unlock 13 little features. You should be thankful he even put the features in it in the first place. What if somebody who you trusted to beta test an episode leaked it without your consent? You wouldn't be happy, would you? This is exactly how 38A is feeling right now. You are all greedy, careless, inconsiderate, ignorant, and mindless people for not only exploiting something without his consent, but also lashing out on him when he was upset over it. Doesn't matter if nobody knows who made the tool, still isn't right to do this. His reaction to the exploit was more calm than every reaction to the project being suspended over it combined, so for the love of fucking god, give it a rest, got it? Stop being so goddamn mindless and greedy, because most of this conflict was caused by all of you.

To 38A: I'm sorry that they are treating you this way. I know how it feels for something like this to happen. However, I am not completely defending your side either. There are some parts that you have caused as well, yet you are, for the most part, innocent. If you read this, I have send you a PM to your account about the conflict. It is not an attack, obviously.

EDIT: Now that I know more about what has happened outside of these forums, more of it has been because of 38A. It still doesn't make it right to hack his game. I don't care if you want "freedom" in the SMBX engine. Isn't what he's given enough? Both sides have caused and continued this entire conflict. Still, I'm fed up with all of the fighting. Can we please just stop and move on? I don't care if and when 1.4.5 will be released, I just want the fighting to stop.
Last edited by Void-the-Bat on 16 Aug 2018, 2:04, edited 2 times in total.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #2by Lx Xzit » 14 Aug 2018, 4:46

He doesn't want to release certain features just yet because they may be broken, but he still gave an opportunity for the dedicated fans to try them out by unlocking them.
Of probably around a half-million of people who has ever downloaded SMBX 1.4.4, I have never seen a single person unlocking these features, not even the half, so it wasn't "a chance" for dedicated fans to try them, it was a chance for no one. But this doesn't happens with all features, there are some few that has a decent difficulty and were worth it (like blendmode or arrays). By other hand there are features that nobody would ever unlock like player's GFX-offset editor. I'm not sure if you have try this minigame by yourself, but if you do you'll find that questions are just endless. Oh, and there's even a better one, the piano minigame.

But aside from the difficulty, it's still pointless hiding them. For example if someone could beat the math minigame, the unlocked function player gfx-offsets, will only benefit this person which creates a selfish behaviour. If anyone want to edit the gfx-offsets then this person would be forced to ask to someone who already unlocked it, this person would receive a ton of tons of requests, and in the end, this function wouldn't help anyone's else rather than the person who unlocked it.

he [i]still gave an opportunity for the dedicated fans to try them out by unlocking them.
As I said, these features aren't there because 38A wanted someone "dedicated" try them, or at least not them all. He said himself that minigames were added as a [i]punishment.

You are all so impatient to the point that you guys discovered a hacking tool and used it just to unlock 13 little features
Impatient? he wasn't going to release them anyways, there hasn't been a single hiden function that became a normal function yet. By the way, they aren't 13, they are 14, and they aren't "little", there are two really important ones: arrays and player-offsets. If features were that little nobody would be in fact complaining about them. Encrypting the episode into an .exe it's an important feature too, but I like take these two as an example because they can affect a lot the designer's experience.

You should be thankful he even put the features in it in the first place. What if somebody who you trusted to beta test an episode leaked it without your consent? You wouldn't be happy, would you? This is exactly how 38A is feeling right now.
This is a totally different context, 5438A38A never has trusted in anyone. If I were making an episode and a beta tester leakes it, I wouldn't be angry, I just would try to be more carefully.

And this wouldn't happen if he was more open, take for example PGE Editor which is a giant project, it have nothing to hide since all features are or will be avalailable at some point. The same logic goes into an episode aswell. But in SMBX 1.4.4 they were never going to be released.

You are all greedy, careless, inconsiderate, ignorant, and mindless people for not only exploiting something without his consent, but also lashing out on him when he was upset over it. Doesn't matter if nobody knows who made the tool, still isn't right to do this. His reaction to the exploit was more calm than every reaction to the project being suspended over it combined, so for the love of fucking god, give it a rest, got it? Stop being so goddamn mindless and greedy.

This is not the way to start a civil discussion. Don't even ask something like this be stickied with such language and random insults please. I can argue why your insults are far to be at least accurate, but I don't want spend way more time than I already did doind this whole post.

most of this conflict was caused by all of you.
This is 5438A38A's fault from my point of view.
1- If he didn't hide features in first place we wouldn't need to do this.
2- If the project was open source we wouldn't need to do this, and we could've done some neat team work.
3- He's the one who is overreacting to this. If he included these features it's because someone would at some point try them, right? them now that everyone can try them he's angry, because he hates cheaters, but again there wouldn't be cheaters if he had nothing to hide.

I am not completely defending your side either.
You are doing that indeed. You're not even analyzing it from our point of view, it's all about "you guys made 5438A38A angry it's all your fault and I hate you guys".

Just a little reminder:
Haxagon was created for freedom, the purposes of this program was to do what 38A did wrong. Did you know? if wasn't by haxagon over 60% of scripting functions wouldn't NEVER been found. Thanks to haxagon we gain access to undocumented features, so things like my ground pound script wouldn't have been possible.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

MrPunchia M
Citizen
Citizen
MrPunchia M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #3by MrPunchia » 14 Aug 2018, 5:25

38A hid content away from us.

ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
ThatEricGuy M
Close friend
Close friend
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #4by ThatEricGuy » 15 Aug 2018, 13:38

EXEcutor-The-Bat wrote:If a moderator could sticky this or make it a global announcement, I would appreciate it. I'm fed up with the conflict as a whole, and I want everybody involved to read this entire thing.

I feel you all are being a little too harsh on 38A. He doesn't want to release certain features just yet because they may be broken, but he still gave an opportunity for the dedicated fans to try them out by unlocking them. You are all so impatient to the point that you guys discovered a hacking tool and used it just to unlock 13 little features. You should be thankful he even put the features in it in the first place. What if somebody who you trusted to beta test an episode leaked it without your consent? You wouldn't be happy, would you? This is exactly how 38A is feeling right now. You are all greedy, careless, inconsiderate, ignorant, and mindless people for not only exploiting something without his consent, but also lashing out on him when he was upset over it. Doesn't matter if nobody knows who made the tool, still isn't right to do this. His reaction to the exploit was more calm than every reaction to the project being suspended over it combined, so for the love of fucking god, give it a rest, got it? Stop being so goddamn mindless and greedy, because most of this conflict was caused by all of you.

To 38A: I'm sorry that they are treating you this way. I know how it feels for something like this to happen. However, I am not completely defending your side either. There are some parts that you have caused as well, yet you are, for the most part, innocent. If you read this, I have send you a PM to your account about the conflict. It is not an attack, obviously.

My reason is that I WANT 1.4.5 to be the BEST it can be.I think these feautures are just too cool to be disabled in the next version.
[url=https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922]https://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15922#p15922[img]https://i.imgur.com/nOjKwr1.png[/img][/url]

Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Void-the-Bat M
Topic author, Bat
Bat
Website

Post #5by Void-the-Bat » 16 Aug 2018, 1:58

So obviously I was not aware of events that have occurred on other forums. Nonetheless, I feel the fighting should stop altogether.

As of that, I feel it's a 50/50 blame right now. Doesn't matter, as the fighting needs to stop.
If you need help with anything related to SMBX38A (that isn’t TeaScript) come ask me. I know quite a bit about how expanded NPC text codes and other stuff works.

sweep a leaf sweep away a troubles
While you're looking at whatever has this signature attached to it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

hey look a Discord server

"If you look deep into each message, you will be sent on a path to enlightenment..." -Abridged Tails

(If you wanna know what it seems like I'm online all the time, it's because I usually don't log out.)

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”