Issue with Spinning Layers [Solved]

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

NovaMemoryStar
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
NovaMemoryStar
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #1by NovaMemoryStar » 11 Aug 2017, 0:12

I would've put this in the TeaScript section, but I think it's less of a TeaScript problem and more of a SMBX problem.

First off, I'm trying to emulate the spinning grey platforms found in certain athletic levels in Super Mario World. You know, these things:
Spoiler
I decided to utilize to LSpin effect in TeaScript to achieve this by making the platform itself by replacing one of the SMB3 airship npc blocks (with some tinkering around with the NPC properties of course) and the orbs attached to the platform a single background object. However, it seems like all backgrounds and certain NPC's don't support the LSpin script. I double checked it and there were no errors in the script and it worked perfectly fine for other objects like coins and question mark blocks.

So instead I tried to solve the problem by making the platform a simple block and replaced the SMB1 coin with the orb set to "friendly" whenever they are place so they player doesn't collect them like coins. This seemed to work out great, until I realized that every time the player receives a power-up, the block layer pauses while the NPC orbs continue rotating causing the rotation to be out of sync and just look weird.

So in a nutshell, I learned that all background objects and certain NPC's do not support the LSpin effect (unless there's some way around this) and for some reason spinning blocks freeze whenever a power-up is received, but not spinning NPC's. Does anybody know a way around this and/or another way to emulate the SMW spinning platforms?

NovaMemoryStar
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
NovaMemoryStar
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #2by NovaMemoryStar » 12 Aug 2017, 0:12

Well, never mind. I seemed to have found a workaround for the problem. I figured out that the "Block (Hollow)" block aspect makes blocks behave like background objects in the sense that they are not solid, so I was able to just make the orbs blocks as well, so now there's no synchronizing problems!

Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend
Toy Bonnie
Close friend
Close friend

Post #3by Toy Bonnie » 12 Aug 2017, 1:12

NovaMemoryStar wrote:Well, never mind. I seemed to have found a workaround for the problem. I figured out that the "Block (Hollow)" block aspect makes blocks behave like background objects in the sense that they are not solid, so I was able to just make the orbs blocks as well, so now there's no synchronizing problems!
Congrats on fixing it on yourself
Not :beta:
:whistle:
:windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :windows: :bomb: :fox:

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”