Runtime Error at level save

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Turret 3471 M
Topic author, Good citizen
Good citizen
Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #1by Turret 3471 » 8 Feb 2017, 20:16

I'm currently working on a new episode for SMBX 1.4.3. I've pretty much finished all the custom graphics, and decided to test them out. Once I save a level to start testing, however, I get a runtime error. I have no idea what could be causing this. It works fine with other levels, either downloaded or from another episode I'm working on, but I just don't know why it would be happening for this specific episode. Could there be any corrupted graphics or txt files I might have copied, or are there too many graphics? (even though I'm trying to reduce them)
Runtime Error.png

Alvespires M
Count
Count
Alvespires M
Count
Count

Post #2by Alvespires » 8 Feb 2017, 23:26

Motives that this might happen that I found(Maybe there's more.)

-Your PC has no sound exit(it broke) and the level has music.(Fixed by disabling the sound in the options)
-The level doesn't exist at all.
-There's invalid custom graphics on folder.Try deleting some,I don't know why,but this ramdomly happen?I don't know.For example once I got problems with tile-52 and 53,and there was nothing wrong with them.
-There's too much backgrounds/npcs/liquids,etc. on your level,but the game RARELLY crashes be because of that,and the limit is really,REALLY big.

If doesn't work,try reopening your smbx and see if it works.
Not really up to it.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 9 Feb 2017, 1:52

If a bug is always happening in a specific level, you should upload the level file when reporting.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #4by Turret 3471 » 10 Feb 2017, 5:01

Lx Xzit wrote:
If a bug is always happening in a specific level, you should upload the level file when reporting.
Not really sure how this will help. Whatever I name my file, it always gives me that error once I hit Save. I'll try and see which other types of files could be causing the problem.

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #5by PK Esper » 10 Feb 2017, 6:47

What I think he/5438A38A means you should upload your level file when you're reporting.
Use attachment or hosting website download to upload your level file how it got corrupted so it will be easy to know.
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
avatar is basically baldi from tumblr
Formerly known as RSupertheGreat.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I hate most people.
I'm a developer (and a beta tester of):
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #6by Turret 3471 » 10 Feb 2017, 6:51

RSupertheGreat wrote:What I think he/5438A38A means you should upload your level file when you're reporting.
Use attachment or hosting website download to upload your level file how it got corrupted so it will be easy to know.
Alright, let's hope it works.
test.lvl
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

test 1.lvl
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”