What is the easiest thing to make with..

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

What do you pick ?

World map
Alvespires, Toy Bonnie, Eri7, MidoriNeko, FakeVirus, NightyThomas456, TheCreator520, the GaMERDoG, Gas
65%
HUB
Yoshi021, EmeraldMaster777, Yave Yu, Jackson455, Olimac31, Glitchy, Coolio__, NajekK
47%

Total voters: 17
PK Esper F
Topic author, Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Topic author, Lord
Lord
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #1by PK Esper » 12 Jan 2017, 10:34

The reason why I'm making this topic is because I'm a 50% bored. And I always see the episode uses world map. Some episode(s) are not using the world map also known as HUB by checking "No World Map" checkbox.

So what is the easiest to make for your episode ? My choice is the world map because it's really easy to make. :P
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
avatar is basically baldi from tumblr
Formerly known as RSupertheGreat.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I hate most people.
I'm a developer (and a beta tester of):
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

Koopsakimoto M
Duke
Duke
Koopsakimoto M
Duke
Duke
Google+ YouTube

Post #2by Koopsakimoto » 13 Jan 2017, 2:13

Possibly Hub since you don't really have to design it alot unlike a World Map.
[url=https://nick-name.ru/nickname/id1350650/][img]https://nick-name.ru/forumt7/Koops.gif[/img][/url]

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 13 Jan 2017, 19:38

Hub are easier to do for me, but I'd rather make an episode using world map because its features are really cool!
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Olimac31
Passerby
Passerby
Olimac31
Passerby
Passerby

World Maps or HUBs?

Post #4by Olimac31 » 5 Feb 2017, 6:49

Well, it depends on the episode itself.

HUBs are better when it comes up to "choose the level"-styled episodes, such as Boss Rushes, or SM64-like episodes.
World Maps are more useful in lineal episodes, like Continent of Fantasy, or SMW-styled episodes.
I kinda like better the HUB design, even if it's harder to make, but that's just my opinion :)

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #5by Eri7 » 28 Mar 2017, 14:45

This will sound strange but for me the world map is easier to be created because i can use more creativity in it even if the work on it is harder.
With hub , im not that good at it ... You can check my first demo , there i use hub because there was a bug with the world map.
But my second demo that will come out on 31 march will use World Map and WE HAVE GFX EXPANSION FOR WORLD MAP TOO!
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”