Classic Levelpack a la NES SMB1 or Super Mario Land?

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke

Post #1by ILikeWoods » 26 Jan 2016, 15:08

In Super Mario Bros. on the NES as well as in Super Mario Land on the Gameboy for example you had to play through all levels in one go. Game over meant = Restart from all over again, specially since no world map existed back then.

The question I have is the following one: Can I realize this with this version somehow? Including the usage of the SMW checkpoints. *
Since this would directly influence the level design (in terms of coins and powerups, structure of the levels) it would be important to know at the beginning.

But I think this game engine is not suitable to realize exactly this, since either it is about the usage of a world map or one level adventures only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Player finishes level 1 -> level 2, dies in level 2, restarts at the beginning of level 2
or Player reaches checkpoint of level 3, dies in level 3, restarts at checkpoint of level 3
no world map, no option to save, you have to play to the end in one go

5438A38A
Developer
Developer
5438A38A
Developer
Developer

Post #2by 5438A38A » 26 Jan 2016, 16:16

World Settings->World Map Settings
Check 'No World Map', 'Restart Last Level on Death' and 'Disable auto-saving'
Save mode->Restart at auto start level

ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Topic author, Duke
Duke

Post #3by ILikeWoods » 26 Jan 2016, 16:57

Hey, thanks a lot. I did not know, the author himself is registered here as well.
First tests are looking good, it seems to work. Looks like the lack of options made it impossible with 1.3.

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”