An announcement regarding SMBX 1.4.1

Description: All web-site's announcements are kept here.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #1by Wohlstand » 23 Nov 2015, 23:04

Hello people!
I am writing this announcement for everyone, and especially for supermariobrosx.org members who need help and support for SMBX 1.4.1 and who want to make and publish specific levels and even episodes for that.

We can't support SMBX 1.4.1 at supermariobrosx.org because:
  • SMBX 1.4.1 still has issues which damage usability and it requires changing some PC settings to be run succesfully (Region standards settings), which may cause some inconvertibility on work with another applications (for example, Chinese weekdays, months names in calendar, file dates, etc.).
  • We don't have SMBX 1.4.1's source code to support it officially and disassembling it is the same process as we (Kil, Kevsoft and me) did with Redigit's SMBX 1.3 - we made a huge workaround calling it as "LunaDLL" and then "LunaLUA".
  • I am still in process of contacting 5438A38A to resolve all issues with SMBX 1.4.1 and unite our forces with both PGE and SMBX 1.4.1.

Please, don't make any posts/threads related to SMBX 1.4.1 on supermariobrosx.org until Joey will accept it. Do that on PGE Forums instead (I.e. here).

Here you can freely:
  • Make any posts related to SMBX 1.4.1 on our forums (Recommended in the "Original SMBX" forum section, and language-specific sub-forums are allowed too!) However, advertising your "SMBX 1.4.1 forum" and pretty much any forum for that matter is not allowed. Your thread will be deleted.
  • Post any levels or episodes made for SMBX 1.4.1 (Please add the "[SMBX 1.4.1]" tag in titles of your level or episode threads because all levels and episodes by default are for SMBX 1.3)

If you don't have an account on PGE Forums, don't worry, you can freely register it!
Notes:
  • if you have troubles with email activation, don't worry, you can always PM me, Kevsoft or h2643 to activate your account without awaiting of email.
  • If you don't want to give us your real mailbox, feel free to register on any new on free mail servers!

Note: If you hear about SMBX 1.4.1 for the first time, go here to find out what it is: /viewtopic.php?f=29&t=581

Have any questions? Ask them here!

FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor

Post #2by FanofSMBX » 25 Nov 2015, 8:19

Hey, check this out everyone!
https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... &p=180399&hilit=config#p180398
Please, if you have SMBX 1.4.1, follow this process and help me find out the hidden editor functions!

lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke
lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke

Post #3by lighthouse64 » 26 Nov 2015, 14:10

Ok. But I can't believe he didn't even allow me to put it in the video games section...
Player of hedgewars!!! :)
And hi... it's me from smbx
Currently bug testing for Mac :apple: And Windows :windows:

Squishy Rex M
Contributor
Contributor
Squishy Rex M
Contributor
Contributor

Post #4by Squishy Rex » 26 Nov 2015, 14:32

It is what it is, I don't think we should dwell on that point considering we can talk about 1.4.1 here till the cows come home. Besides, it's early days anyway. Once Wohlstand and Kevsoft work their magic to iron out the few major issues that need to be addressed 1.4.1 will be great. People have waited for ages to see a legitimate SMBX update, whether official or not, so let's just enjoy the fact that SMBX 1.4 exists.

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much with 1.4.1, let alone it actually being real, but for what it is worth and despite the few flaws, it's pretty cool.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke
lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke

Post #5by lighthouse64 » 27 Nov 2015, 15:40

Yeah, and the fact that it's free too. :P But then again it's supposed to be free anyways... Well, at least it's here :)
Player of hedgewars!!! :)
And hi... it's me from smbx
Currently bug testing for Mac :apple: And Windows :windows:

Return to “Announcments”