Shidomaru's Revenge (SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 REQUIRED)

Description: Episodes made by the community members and their friends.
Forum rules: When you publish your episode, be sure to include information about required configuration pack name and link where it can be downloaded. For SMBX64-compatible episodes, link to configuration pack is not required. Take a note that SMBX64-Compatible episodes are episodes that can be played in the original SMBX Game Engine 1.3.
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Shidomaru
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Shidomaru
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Shidomaru » 9 Aug 2019, 17:07

Oh... So THAT's why nobody saw my episode! I posted it on the old forum! Stupid me... :fool: I guess that's what being dead for 3 years does to you, you come back to life and suddenly everything's changed.

Also, has seriously NOBODY else posted a finished SMBX 2.0 episode on this forum yet!? Am I really the first!?

Okay, let me start again... *ahem*

Konnichi wa, SMBX community (sorry, I mean PGE community)! I've risen back from the grave to get my revenge... on the Naruto fandom!

What? You thought I was gonna take revenge on you guys? Nah! :) Quite the opposite, this episode would not have been possible without the help of many AMAZING people from this community, namely The0x539-sensei, Hoeloe-chan, Enjl-sama, PixelPest, and Wohlstand-sama, the last of whom taught me how to use the Character Calibrator. I can't thank you guys enough! Madoka bless all of you! :good:

Yes, Maverick Mega Man X was me all along! You expected a naive newcomer, but it was me, DIO... err, I mean, Shidomaru!

Plot:
"Rise from your grave!" Marina (I think her name is Aristo now?) commanded with a voice much deeper than a girl her age should have. Shidomaru rises back from the dead to find, much to his horror, that the anime world has been overrun by armies of yandere Naruto fangirls that travel in huge flying ships, and that they've kidnapped Shidomaru's waifu, Hinata Hyuga. Shidomaru now sets out to rescue his waifu, and squirt white ink at every enemy that stands in his way. Enemies splatted with the white ink die from the embarrassment and disgust, and if that doesn't kill them, the ink's horrendously foul stench will do.

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Note:
Only at the last minute I read the forum rules and realized that episodes uploaded here are supposed to be for all ages, so I hurriedly went to revise the entire script searching for all the swear words to either delete them or replace them with much softer equivalents. If you find a leftover swear word that I missed, don't hesitate to notify me and I will patch the episode as soon as I can. (and before you ask, no. "Flip" is not a swear word)

SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 is REQUIRED. I have no idea if this episode breaks in updates after Beta 3.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eegevgpu896fvip/Shidomaru's_Revenge.zip/file

Descargar versión en español: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u7oerugtmrtg0jb/La_Venganza_de_Shidomaru.zip/file

Trivia/Rant:
Spoiler
*I went into this thinking that making an episode for Samus would be easy, but it turned out to be a NIGHTMARE! Both because Samus herself was overpowered against bosses and it took me several entire months to come up with bosses threatening enough for her, and because Samus's Fire Flower power-up is actually WEAKER than her normal beam (at least in Beta 3), and it was pretty hard to design sections for that power-up. In any case, it makes me not want to try to make any episodes with Samus ever again.

*If you're confused (or disgusted) as to why I'm a furry creature that spits out white ink, Marina is to blame. Search 2k16 Summer Takeover and look at the Splatoon-themed level she made back then.

*I don't wanna hear your complaints about clashing. I cannot draw, only palette-swap.

*If you're wondering if this episode takes place anywhere in the 2k1x continuity... it doesn't. Think of it as a Gaiden game.

*This episode was originally going to be much more light-hearted, but then I watched Madoka Magica...

*Also, this episode was at some point going to have a five-dungeon second half where each dungeon represented one of the stages of grief a la Majora's Mask, and I would be collecting the soul gems of each of the five main Madoka Magica characters after the boss of each dungeon. I backpedaled on this because it was too much work and I was getting tired, so a few levels got completely cut out of the game to make it smaller and thus feasible. Only two of the five in the original idea still remain.
I feel a bit numb...

Return to “Episodes”