ImperatoreXx wrote:in that sense smbx extended? Can you explain me better!
"SMBX Extended" - is a name of planned config pack which I will make with engine part. It will be a successor of the "SMBX 1.3" config which contains all original SMBX stuff. "SMBX Extended" will not be compatible with original SMBX.
New config will:
- use PNG image format as default, without using of the mask images, only internal transparency.
- will contain new NPCs, blocks, BGOs, etc, and also exists SMBXs NPCs will be fixed (for example, SMW koopas and Big Boo have more frames in its sprites, like turning animation, and spike top have more frames too).
Current "SMBX 1.3" config is using the old SMBX's stuff and parameters, and fully compatible with SMBX.
All already exists SMBX's episodes will be used with "SMBX 1.3" config.
All new episodes with using of the new PGE's technologies will be created with using of the "SMBX Extended" config, and will not be compatible with original SMBX, because:
- difference frames of the item sprites
- difference image formats
- difference pre-defined item numbers ("SMBX Extended" will have more items than "SMBX 1.3")
- and because old LVL/WLD files can't accept a new data fields, will be used the LVLX/WLDX file formats as default.