It's a bigger update than usual: it contains bugfixes for the most annoying vanilla bugs and several new features! (Don't worry, if you have some episodes or individual levels built on bugs, you always can re-enable them using the compat.ini file
to repair the work of those levels back!)
* Added the Speed-Running system: run the game by giving special command-line arguments to enable the next features: level and episode stopwatch, displaying of pressed keys states, global adjusting of specific limits and bugs-features depending on a chosen speed-run mode.
* The frame-rate controller accuracy has been improved, and the frame-skip hell has been resolved!
* Added the "compat.ini" to adjust the bugs compatibility per levels and per episode. You can find the manual here
* Tuned the work of the credits screen.
* The work of the game loading screen now is smoother!
* Resolved the problem of a level restarting after player faults when auto-run events won't work at all.
And more other fixes:
- Changes for 1.3.4
- Changes for 1.3.4
- Fixed the inability to use any custom sounds and custom music at the level's custom data directory
- Added an ability to change sound setup (sample rate, channels, sample format, and the buffer size) via the [sound] INI section
- Optimized the work of a lazy-decompression algorithm workflow
- At credits, the bible quote has been replaced with a meme
- Fixed the vanilla bug: free-falling platforms getting confused when the player changes their power-up state
- Fixed an inability to autostart events when "restart level after death" mode is enabled on the world map
- Fixed the case when Pokey getting collapsed during walking on slopes
- Fixed an unwanted player bounce by a filter block after NPC stomp
- Added the "compat.ini" support for episode and level specific to enable/disable certain bugs of the old game
- Fixed the vanilla bug: the player can get clipped into the floor while standing on a block of a down-moving layer
- Fixed the vanilla bug: NPC can get clipped into the floor while standing on a block of a down-moving layer
- Fence BGOs now can move player together with a moving layer as vine NPCs does
- Fixed the vanilla bug: attempt of a player to jump from NPC standing together with getting pushed into the wall causes the clipping
- Fixed the vanilla bug: resolved an incorrect behavior of skull raft cells that makes the raft being squished when reaching a barrier wall
- Credits look and performance has been improved
- Fixed the vanilla bug: Peach can't escape the running shell surf
- Loading screen now goes smoother (except Emscripten)
- Level testing will quit on successful completion of a level
- Improved the framerate controller behavior, added the guarantee of the 65.1025 FPS on almost all supported platforms
- Added the Speed-Runner mode which can be enabled via the --speed-run-mode <mode> command line argument
- Fixed a wrong FPS while the key-hole exit is in process
- Improved the frame-skip logic
All download links at the main post.