[Suggestion] ONLINE MODE

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Do You want online mode on PGE engine?

YES
100%
no
No votes

Total voters: 1
+KZ
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
+KZ
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #1by +KZ » 21 Aug 2019, 3:55

In SMBX 1.3, I had an option in the editor to play online, you could create one server, you could join another's. But that feature was incomplete, and as smbx was discontinued, they never finished it. But PGE and SMBX 38a are quite active, so they could add an online mode to the PGE engine, but of better quality than the old SMBX, it could be very entertaining for everyone, since online games are always well received by the people. I knew that the PGE editor had an online feature (I may be wrong), but if the engine has it ... It would be the best.

[spoiler=PD] Wow, I had never written such a long message in my life XD[/spoiler]
:ɔ ଇ ଈ چ :Ɖ :ɛ
GOOGLE TRANSLATE
RND

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 21 Aug 2019, 12:45

Netplay is already planned for PGE Engine, it needs a better strategy of workflow.
What about Editor, it's also the plan for collaboration support to allow working with same level/worldmap together via network. However, right now I should restructure internals of Editor to make them work more stable than now (current state sucks right now because of unnecessary real-time resynchronizations).

Return to “Engine Development”