What is a Tileset Item Box? TIB is a tab, similar to the tabs in SMBX, in which you can add Blocks, BGOs, NPCs, ... stuff like that. As for yet, you can't add BGOs and NPCs (for example) in one tab, but more on this later.
Why are Tileset Item Boxes needed? TIBs aren't necessary, but if you want to make level/world editing process easier, you can use them.
So, how to create a Tileset Item Box? There are a few steps in process of making them, so let's begin:
- 1) Once you opened your level in PGE Editor, look at the top, click "Tileset Item Box" button in the menu:
or go to the "View" and click there on the "Tileset Item Box":
After doing so, this tab should appear:
2) If you want to make your future tab bigger or smaller, go here and set its size:
3) Now you have to move blocks/BGOs/whatever you want into the bland window, so they will appear in your future tab:
Works with custom graphics too, but you have to press this button:
For example, let's move a wooden SMB3 block into a bland window. It should be like this:
4) You can add more objects into the window, name your own window and save ready tab:
While saving, you should write the name of your .tileset-file:
After saving, close the TIB window and TIB tab(s) will appear automatically.
5) And vuala, that's it! With this tutorial you can make tabs like this and place elements into your level:
However, you can't put NPCs, BGOs, Blocks, etc. in one tab, you need to create seperate TIB tabs for them, because that isn't implemented in PGE Editor yet.
And if you want to add some more items in your TIB tab, just click on the "Pencil":
If you want to delete items, right-click on them.
If you don't understand something, I suggest you to watch Veudekato's tutorial here:
Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyLBFwf8EdE
I hope these tutorials were useful for you, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask for help!