SMBX 1.4.1 - Easter Egg (Discovered?)

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 2 Dec 2015, 7:18

Hello everyone! I discovered an small part of the secrets of this version, as you should know, 5438A38A made some secret fuctions!

Here are the steps for get this work.

1.) Open the file "config.cfg" with "notebloc" (Sorry Idk what's the exactly name of this in Engish computers), in the end where says "Dissablehiddenfuctions=True" change it to "false".

2.) Open SMBX (you will see a message box here), close the game.

3.) Go to "level settings" and check out the button "advanced", if this button have a color (other than black) then go to the 4th step. If you don't see the colorful text, then close and open the game many times as needed, the idea is that you see something like this:

Spoiler

4.) Keep presing "shift" and now do click in "advanced", a message will appear saying "You found the secret function, but you need to beat a minigame..." and then, a mathematical game will appear:

Spoiler

5) Beat the game.

This secret was discovered by myself, I haven't beaten the minigame because it turns TOO hard, I don't know what's is the number of question you should beat, I just got to make 50 correct questions. If you make something wrong, your score will decrease.

What happen if you finish the minigame? What are the hidden functions? Who knows, Can you beat the game? Personally I got stressed to try...
I hope this info will helpful!

I wish you good luck! and help us to discover the game!
Last edited by Lx Xzit on 29 Jan 2016, 0:59, edited 1 time in total.
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor

Post #2by FanofSMBX » 2 Dec 2015, 7:59

I tried too. But I failed. So we need a math hero. :clapping:

SgwySpeedrcr
Good citizen
Good citizen
SgwySpeedrcr
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #3by SgwySpeedrcr » 5 Dec 2015, 18:06

r/theydidthemath might help?

Can we post the questions on the subreddit as we get them and let the guys on reddit give it a shot?

EDIT:

I got it to pull up. The math is actually REALLY simple. Question 40 had a weird one:

AB,C29,314 can be divided by 33. ABC = ?

I bet there's some sort of simple proof to looking this up rather than plugging in a thousand different numbers into a calculator. I took Discrete Math in undergrad so I feel like this stuff isn't that bad.

I got lazy though and when I opened up Excel to just look up the number, SMBX crashed. Must be a fail safe for cheaters!!!

4matsy M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
4matsy M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Post #4by 4matsy » 6 Dec 2015, 2:48

After some experimentation in Windows Calculator with numbers ending in 29314...

ABC = 032, plus any multiple of 33.

Huh. That was simple. :o

...I bet even opening Calculator would've crashed SMBX though. :p
:D

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #5by Lx Xzit » 6 Dec 2015, 3:21

SgwySpeedrcr wrote:Can we post the questions on the subreddit as we get them and let the guys on reddit give it a shot?
That's what I suggested, I agree we should do this!

SgwySpeedrcr wrote:I bet there's some sort of simple proof to looking this up rather than plugging in a thousand different numbers into a calculator. I took Discrete Math in undergrad so I feel like this stuff isn't that bad.
I got lazy though and when I opened up Excel to just look up the number, SMBX crashed. Must be a fail safe for cheaters!!!

Oh wow I'm surprised, SMBX crashed when you opened Excel, we need be careful with Windows programs!

4matsy wrote:...I bet even opening Calculator would've crashed SMBX though. :p
Again I'm surprised, I never expected someone get a crash using a program like this, at least we know we need be careful using them! I used an online-calculator because I never use Windows Calculator for some reason...

PD: Guys try to make your future posts here! this topic is more active than this, help us!
/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=603&p=4125#p4125
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT
Join our 38A Discord server!

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”