Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???

Description: Casual SMBX discussion.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Taycamgame » 25 Nov 2019, 15:13

For some reason, the main SMBX forums are blocked by my school's wifi / proxy / whatever it is. It classes it as either "Forums" or "Games", which, to be fair, is completely true. However, for some reason I can access the PGE forums even though this is also a forum...
Why would my school wifi block the main SMBX forums but allow me to use the PGE one? Is there potentially something wrong with one of the sites? Is it possible that the main SMBX forums could be altered in such a way so they are categorised in the same way the PGE forums are (and as such, it gets through the site blockers)? :facepalm:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 26 Nov 2019, 19:18

Because of these damned filter proxies in schools and university, I using a hacking trick to escape them. For example, I have set up R-Admin server on 995 port (which is intended to work with SSL-POP3) as one of ports are open. I have connected to my home server and worked on it out of these proxies. :biggrin:
Another thing: I have set up own HTTP proxy and I have used it directly, which was also worked :biggrin:
You may find some public proxies to use them to escape school's filter.

At the same time, PGE Forum has lower power than most of site content which is intended to document Moondust and related things, and provide all content for it.

Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #3by Taycamgame » 10 Dec 2019, 16:12

Wohlstand wrote:Because of these damned filter proxies in schools and university, I using a hacking trick to escape them. For example, I have set up R-Admin server on 995 port (which is intended to work with SSL-POP3) as one of ports are open. I have connected to my home server and worked on it out of these proxies. :biggrin:
Another thing: I have set up own HTTP proxy and I have used it directly, which was also worked :biggrin:
You may find some public proxies to use them to escape school's filter.

At the same time, PGE Forum has lower power than most of site content which is intended to document Moondust and related things, and provide all content for it.

I see. Sucks that the main SMBX forums can't have this sort of thing :/

Also since my home internet is down, I can't actually access Discord or the SMBX forums currently. So to speed things up, I'm gonna post a bug report here:
For some reason, when using the PGE editor, and when I move around the level / map using the arrow keys, AND when I have something currently selected (such as a block), these "ghost objects" appear on the screen as I pan around the screen. I think this bug was in PGE a while ago and it got patched, but now ever since the other day it's been happening all the time. Also, by "ghost objects", I mean the thing you've currently selected will appear randomly on screen (but will disappear if you hover over it with another object, area select over it, or press save). It's only a visual glitch but it's really annoying, and I don't understand why it's suddenly happening now considering the latest update was on October 22nd.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #4by Wohlstand » 10 Dec 2019, 17:25

Taycamgame01 wrote:I think this bug was in PGE a while ago and it got patched, but now ever since the other day it's been happening all the time. Also, by "ghost objects", I mean the thing you've currently selected will appear randomly on screen (but will disappear if you hover over it with another object, area select over it, or press save). It's only a visual glitch but it's really annoying, and I don't understand why it's suddenly happening now considering the latest update was on October 22nd.
You should get an update, I have fixed this bug some months ago ;-)

Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #5by Taycamgame » 11 Dec 2019, 16:32

Wohlstand wrote:
Taycamgame01 wrote:I think this bug was in PGE a while ago and it got patched, but now ever since the other day it's been happening all the time. Also, by "ghost objects", I mean the thing you've currently selected will appear randomly on screen (but will disappear if you hover over it with another object, area select over it, or press save). It's only a visual glitch but it's really annoying, and I don't understand why it's suddenly happening now considering the latest update was on October 22nd.
You should get an update, I have fixed this bug some months ago ;-)

Are you sure? I've been checking the PGE Update Checker dialog (the one you find from the Help menu in the editor) regularly, and both the Stable and Laboratory builds have been saying I have the latest version. The version I have is 0.3.2-dev, build date October 22nd 2019

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #6by Wohlstand » 12 Dec 2019, 2:16

Taycamgame01 wrote:Are you sure? I've been checking the PGE Update Checker dialog (the one you find from the Help menu in the editor) regularly, and both the Stable and Laboratory builds have been saying I have the latest version. The version I have is 0.3.2-dev, build date October 22nd 2019
Looks odd... The latest build is made in December. The bug regaring to junk bunch of artifacts of ghost objects was fixed some months ago, or looks like it's a different bug. I can't understand how to reproduce it, I have tried some, but nothing was happen. Can you record a video if that possible? (is YouTube accessible for you to upload videos?) Use the Laboratory build, not "stable", and yeah, 0.3.2-dev is a laboratory build.
I mean, I can't understand, is that a graphical artifact caused by disabled animation or something other?

Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Taycamgame
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #7by Taycamgame » 12 Dec 2019, 16:55

Wohlstand wrote:
Taycamgame01 wrote:Are you sure? I've been checking the PGE Update Checker dialog (the one you find from the Help menu in the editor) regularly, and both the Stable and Laboratory builds have been saying I have the latest version. The version I have is 0.3.2-dev, build date October 22nd 2019
Looks odd... The latest build is made in December. The bug regaring to junk bunch of artifacts of ghost objects was fixed some months ago, or looks like it's a different bug. I can't understand how to reproduce it, I have tried some, but nothing was happen. Can you record a video if that possible? (is YouTube accessible for you to upload videos?) Use the Laboratory build, not "stable", and yeah, 0.3.2-dev is a laboratory build.
I mean, I can't understand, is that a graphical artifact caused by disabled animation or something other?

I'm not sure how to reproduce it. It suddenly stopped happening yesterday though (after I reported the bug, strangely), so perhaps it's random? Idk the cause
Anyway, I'll try updating to see if that does anything to fix it

Return to “General”