Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #1by Eri7 » 27 Jan 2019, 21:37

Hello everyone, it's me Eri7. It's quite unexpected for me to host a contest considering it's not an official contest but i asked my discord server if they are interested in one and i got over 20 replies which meant that this contest is happening.
So here are the rules:
2.0/1.3 and 38A levels are allowed however as you can see, they are not compatible with each other which means they will be separated into 2 parts of the finished episode.
Please try to keep your level in english if possible.
Levels should be designed only around mario and luigi.
Multiple levels are ALLOWED, yep.
Penalties won't be added anymore, instead we will fix all of the problems the levels have and if they prove to be way too hard and unenjoyable, we will make sure they become
fun to play as the priority in the end of the day is to have the finished version of the contest be fun to play but we are judging levels based on their original state upon submission.

Teasers/Trailers:

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://youtu.be/mx-mAI_Xkx4

Deadline
The contest will start on February 1, 2019 and all levels must be submitted to me in a PM or through discord by May 1, 2019, at 12:00 PM (Central European Time). They must be in a .zip file with the level and necessary files. No encrypted levels are allowed. By submitting a level you also agree for the level to be part of an SMBX episode/s that will feature all of the levels submitted.

The .zip file must be organized like this:
Inside the .zip there must be a level file and the data folder, and all of the custom sound effects.
All custom sound effects must start with the name of your level with a "-" ("levelname-soundName").
Inside the data folder is where all of your custom GFX, music, NPC codes and everything else must go. Do not place the level data outside the data folder, except for custom sound effects.
You can also provide a txt file where you can give some short description of the level or something.
Also please tell me in which version must your level be played in after submitting it to me.

Reward?
Well, winning the 2.0/1.3 and 38A contest will give you a reward which is... the winner can choose one character, OC or from a game and i will design him as a boss in the finished episode.
Also for everyone who participate in the contest, there will be the optional reward of having their OC or a character they want to appear in the episode as a friendly npc and their lines will be provided by the participants.

Judges
- Eri7
- MmmMario
- VanillaDude
- Ludwig_Von Koopa
-Shadow Flame

Also you can support this contest by placing this in your signature so it can gain more popularity.

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23371&p=342082#p342082][img]https://i.imgur.com/b3T0Tl4.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Eri7 on 27 May 2019, 18:25, edited 3 times in total.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #2by Eri7 » 17 Mar 2019, 2:57

We have a teaser now and the deadline has been extended to 1-st May!

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://youtu.be/mx-mAI_Xkx4

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #3by Eri7 » 21 Mar 2019, 23:09

Guys, are you interested at this contest?

MECHDRAGON777
Citizen
Citizen
MECHDRAGON777
Citizen
Citizen

Post #4by MECHDRAGON777 » 20 May 2019, 21:28

I should mention I signed up for this contest.

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #5by Eri7 » 25 May 2019, 13:09

NEWS REGARDING THE CONTEST!
Development of the episode form of the Nova Contest has started, the episode is called The Novaverse Part 1 + 2.
It is also being developed in maglx3 which means all of the beta 3 submissions will get converted to maglx3.(Part 1 only)
Here is the first screenshot.

NEWS REGARDING THE NEW EVENT, CURSED EDITION/THE CURSE.

All of the people involved in this contest have been cursed, participants, judges, devs, everyone! People can also choose to get cursed in the discord server where the event will be at its strongest!
Being cursed means you are partaking in this event and you have 2 options, get released from your curse and claim your current rewards if any or make your curse stronger by participating to earn bonus rewards.
How to participate?
It is highly recommended to join the server if you want to stay up to date with the event.
You can participate by "cursing" levels or making your own levels with curses in them.
How do you curse a level?
You take a level from other episodes or make your own, ask for permission if the creator is still around, if not, then i guess it's fine to use it and you curse it!
A curse is a gimmick which affects the gameplay in different ways.
Darkness? Yes!
Not being able to jump? Yes!
All of the power-ups in the level turned into poison mushrooms? Yes!
Your movement gets affected in a negative way? Yes!
Npcs behaving in a weird way? Yes!
How long does the cursing go?
It goes until The Novaverse gets finished!
More info:
All of the cursed levels will be playable in The Novaverse Part 1.
You can use maglx3.
A curse kit is coming soon containing 7 curses but if you are capable of coding your own curse, then thats fine as well!
Rewards will be announced soon.
If you have any questions, you can join the novaverse discord server where we have channels based on the event.

Forested Gamer M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Forested Gamer M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #6by Forested Gamer » 25 May 2019, 14:02

Easily best creator in SMBX.
Makes it Looking like a 30$ indie game i would buy on Epic Games Store or Steam

Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor
Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor

Post #7by Darkonius Mavakar » 25 May 2019, 16:54

I've said this already in the other forum but i'm pretty sure you are aware that it is not advised to release episodes under the MX3 build of smbx 2.0 right

unless you plan on waiting for beta 4 to be out for good later on
My latest SMBX episode
https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1805

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #8by Eri7 » 25 May 2019, 17:55

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:I've said this already in the other forum but i'm pretty sure you are aware that it is not advised to release episodes under the MX3 build of smbx 2.0 right

unless you plan on waiting for beta 4 to be out for good later on

It wouldn't be much of a problem if we don't use any of the unfinished features, right? Also if beta 4 comes out this summer, then i will release it under beta 4 but if not, then on maglx3.

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #9by Eri7 » 27 May 2019, 17:50

UPDATES ON THE CURSED EVENT!
People can now get cursed in my server to participate the event!
More details on what a curse is:
A curse is a gimmick which affects the gameplay.
Darkness? ✓
Not being able to jump? ✓
All of the power-ups in the level turned into poison mushrooms? ✓
Your movement gets affected in a negative way? ✓
Npcs behaving in a weird way? ✓
A channel has been created in my server for people to submit their levels and get feedback on them.
-When submiting a level, please state the creator of the level, the name of the level and what curses does the level use.
If a level gets 3 positive reviews aka 3 ✓ then it gets accepted into the episode form of the contest.
- when giving feedback, try your best to give tips and suggestions to improve the level/fix its flaws and give your opinion on the difficulty of the level.
Cursed levels are allowed to be released in public.
People can make their own curses.
Also nova themed levels are welcomed!
Levels have to be designed Mario only.
Levels from 1.3 are allowed as long as a curse has been made through events/layers or different kind of ways.
There are 4 curse roles.
- Uncursed
- Cursed
- Very Cursed
- Cursed to Death
A new system has been added!
Reviewing a level will give you one curse point, if you have 3 curse points, you can either unlock one of the rewards or make your curse stronger!
Max curse points are 6! (You get a role in my server which says how many curse points you have.)
REWARDS that have been revealed so far:
Curse boost: Boost a contest level's overall score with 1, you can boost any level. (10 left)
The Cursed One role: Get a role in my server after the Cursed Event has been done to show you have participated in it. Maybe it will be useful in the future?
Advertisement boost:Get channels for your stuff in this server that would be advertised for a month, doesn't matter if its smbx project, art or etc. Max 3 channels per user. (5 left)
Also you can only select one reward everytime you make your curse stronger.
You can earn max 2 rewards since there are only 2 stronger versions of the Curse but if you spend your curse points, you can earn more rewards.

Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor
Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor

Post #10by Darkonius Mavakar » 28 May 2019, 20:49

Is this contest ever gonna end cos it just seems you keep adding stuff and make people make levels for your nova project lol
My latest SMBX episode
https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1805

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Topic author, Viscount
Viscount

Post #11by Eri7 » 28 May 2019, 21:07

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:Is this contest ever gonna end cos it just seems you keep adding stuff and make people make levels for your nova project lol

The contest has ended, people can do whatever they want with their levels, the results are still WIP since few of the judges don't have much free time and because i was in the mood, i decided to host an event for my server and for the few people in my server who use 38A to try out maglx3 which actually worked out and because of this event, i am slowly learning luna lua which is cool as well. The episode version of the contest is however coming this halloween.

Return to “General”