Why I hate SMBX 2.0...

Description: Archived discussion related with original Super Mario Bros X fan game.

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #1by delete this account » 9 Feb 2017, 6:59

WARNING : This is my personal point of view or whatever you want to call it of SMBX 2.0 and why I :hmm: on Horikawa Otane and his job, you would maybe take me like a dumb but for me I don't care.:crazy: If I forget something, please tell me...

• If I don't like SMBX 2.0, it's because we all know Super Mario Bros. X, as the title said, it's a game about the plumber Mario from Nintendo. The problem is... this game become something else, Horikawa Otane just ruin the pleasure of play with Mario, why adding so much random characters from nowhere, if is continue like that, who is gonna be interested to play with Mario? Everybody will only play with Snake, Zelda and the others. A little upcoming like Link in 1.3 it was fun and it was just only one character and some NPCs come with it, and for Metroid, we only see 2-3 NPCs and tilesets. But what is gonna be the next one?? Goku?!? I imagine it pass ALL of the levels that he suppose to do and do a ''Kamehameha'' on Bowser, take Peach and flying on is ''Magic Thingy Cloud'' to go on Peach Castle to make lo... :unexpectedly:
  • Bowser is a bad guy and we all know he has do a lot of things on the Mario World... he play on is role of ''steal the princess and be a bad guy'' ect. and ect., Horikawa Otane has to explain to me, WHY IS WORK WITH THE MARIO BROS.:mad:?? OK, why not to make movie with the Horikawa Otane logic, let's create a movie about Dark Vader giving cupcakes for children!! That will be fun??
  • One last thing, in the 2.0, did you know that ''for exemple'' the Magikoopa was added on October 2016, and on 1.4.3 it was on September 2016... Wow, just WOW that's what we calling, Plagiarize, we have millions of enemies on the Mario Universe and Horikawa Otane take the Magikoopa like 38A take before??
  • It has nothing to do but I want to talk about it, why Horikawa Otane act like he's some like a... ''racist'' on SMBX38A, just because 38A use TeaScript. And just in case, the fans of 2.0 don't have to complain this version is very ''bugy'', em, it is maybe because it is the only one who work on 1.4.X, and what we have in the Horikawa Otane team, like 5 members who works together and spit on us, fans of 1.4.X.

Sorry but all of these it was like a bubble that I have to release and talk about it. :wacko:

Plz don't ban me...

PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
PK Esper F
Lord
Lord
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #2by PK Esper » 9 Feb 2017, 8:57

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:why I (Censored emoji, it doens't sounds like "hmm") on Horikawa Otane and his job
Do you know that Horikawa is actually a female what I understand from her avatar.
why i hadn't been in this forum for long when i used to be a super active person
avatar is basically baldi from tumblr
Formerly known as RSupertheGreat.
ImageImage
What I support
ImageImageImage
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I hate most people.
I'm a developer (and a beta tester of):
My level/episode playthrough thread: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

Enjl
Citizen
Citizen
Enjl
Citizen
Citizen

Post #3by Enjl » 9 Feb 2017, 17:59

1) We on the 2.0 team don't hate 1.4. We think that 1.4, as well as 2.0, both have their advantages and disadvantages. 1.4 is VERY user-friendly which is a huge plus, however being closed-source and lacking a larger team of developers is holding it back. Similarly, 2.0 has flaws, too, which we're working on ironing out. Accessibility being a big one of them.
2) I agree that the quantity of characters is a bit overkill, but keep in mind they're not all to be used within the same level or episode. If you feel like it you're able to make an episode where you can play only as Bowser, telling the story of him kidnapping the princess and beating Mario once and for all. Don't worry about this "killing" Mario as a playable, though. He's been the most commonly used one since SMBX was created, even though he had to compete with 4 others.
3) About Magikoopa... you barely got a point there. First off, if anything we're plagiarizing from Nintendo because they hold rights to the Magikoopa. I don't know if 1.4 properly credits Nintendo for their sprites, but 2.0 has an excel document dedicated to thorough crediting.
Secondly, take a look at this:
As you can see, Magikoopa was added to 2.0 in July.
I can tell you're gonna be really pissed once Beta 4 comes out as it will include a large variety of enemies which coincidentally have been added to 1.4, too. For example, the enemies Thwimp and Parabeetle on LX Xzit's recent video about Enemy Pack 5 have been in the basegame for 2.0 before that video came out.
4) About "racism" on TeaScriptVBs: There's a difference between giving an opinion and stating facts. And it is fact that TeascriptVBs (which is different from TeaScript) is an inferior programming language to lua, the one 2.0 uses. It's definitely usable, but there are a lot of convenient features that it is missing, such as the ability to create APIs.

Horikawa Otane
Contributor
Contributor
Horikawa Otane
Contributor
Contributor

Post #4by Horikawa Otane » 9 Feb 2017, 18:51

:dance2:

Spinda M
Citizen
Citizen
Spinda M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #5by Spinda » 9 Feb 2017, 19:11

ok so like racism is a serious topic so please dont use it when comparing mario engines????

also story from an engine perspective is like super way out of there and you're not forced to have bowser team up with mario in any episode you create. you could just use the bowser player character for some episode which is centered around bowser, for instance, and have mario just not appear. from that same perspective, one could ask why there's multiple incarnations of one goomba.

delete this account
Topic author
delete this account
Topic author

Post #6by delete this account » 9 Feb 2017, 20:11

Ok, I guess I was wrong, I am the dumbest person on this forum (I know Internet, it is sometimes dangerous, and I know the consequences, so why not make a video about me, ''LuigiCraft7777'' the dummy dumb). For the Magikoopa… I'm so bad for making research on Internet and I just forgot in base, the Magikoopa is from Nintendo.

I really want if you can forget me about this but I know it would be impossible.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #7by Wohlstand » 24 May 2019, 2:14

Okay, since now I'll close any "38A vs X2" holy-wars like this. The main reason is they are producing a lot of misinformation and confusion to people are trying to learn this. About anything related to SMBX2, the FAQ page exists http://codehaus.wohlsoft.ru/blog/faq/.

You can continue the discussion in "why I like %game%" format here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1658 but please, don't operate with facts are based on your guessing and thinks with no any confirmation.

Return to “Archive”