Viscount
Viscount
Greendan M
Viscount
Viscount
English Pronouns: He/Him
Youtube channel URL

Post #41by Greendan » 18 May 2017, 22:03

I've never tried smbx 2.0, so i will obviously pass.
Current Project:

You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

4matsy M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
4matsy M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Post #42by 4matsy » 23 May 2017, 3:20

Well, I voted "I'll pass" since:
A) I like 'em both,
B) there's been a lot of stuff being added to both branches lately - not only bugfixes; but all sorts of general-usage features in 1.4; and in 2.0, NPCs out the wazoo -
and
C) people seem to keep forgetting that, eventually, PGE's engine will get finished and playable, and then both SMBX 1.4 and SMBX 2.0 are in danger of becoming obsoleted once the PGE config packs for their stuff get made/converted.

So, uh, yeah. Staying kinda neutral for the moment. >_>
:D

King of Eterity
Passerby
Passerby
King of Eterity
Passerby
Passerby

Post #43by King of Eterity » 10 Oct 2017, 20:56

2.0 definitely

NT2002 M
Duke
Duke
NT2002 M
Duke
Duke

Post #44by NT2002 » 11 Oct 2017, 9:42

Well I changed my vote from "38A" to "I'll pass" because now I actually liked both versions and due to the current progress of beta 4 of SMBX2, I just wanna see and test those new incredible features in it's release ! And due to them I wanna remake my SMBTGA project for the 2.0 version (It will also use some LunaLUA scripts).

I support these projects:
Spoiler
SMBX Projects:
Super Mario and the Rainbow Stars
Super Mario: Magic Brick Adventure
SMBX Greendan Edition
Super Mario Infinity
Super Mario and the Moon Curse
Super Mario Bros. Origins

Non-SMBX Projects:
Super Mario: All-Star Attack!

MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
MACKACHE
Lord
Lord
Website Twitter

Post #45by MACKACHE » 11 Oct 2017, 13:59

tbh, i wish more people votes for i'll pass instead of those two options because i think the war should be fucking end
ImageImage

Ariinui
Duke
Duke
Ariinui
Duke
Duke

Post #46by Ariinui » 11 Oct 2017, 17:33

i'll say the real answer: both have good points and bad points. they heven't growt the same way.
everyone have their own needs and expectations about a level editor. because of that, we can't agree to decide wich one's the best.

BUT
i think that the debate shouldn't stop but change
we should create a post that explain the differences between both games, not to determine which one's the best but to talk about those differences and allow new people to know wich one's gonna be the best for them.
i can't start this post because i'm not enough used to smbx 2.0, so i would not be able to explain it.

it's only my opinion, i can't force anyone to adopt it

Spoiler
But we all can agree that both offers more options than mario maker XD (i said that only to end this post with a little joke and don't want to create a debate and/or make someone mad)

the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
the GaMERDoG M
Viscount
Viscount
Website

Post #47by the GaMERDoG » 12 Oct 2017, 4:52

2.0 doesn't run on shitty hardware like my 1gb ram laptop, so I choose SMBX 38A.
* (Taking off when the russians become isolated from outer internet.)

ImageImageImage

Check out my Artwork Train!

Emoji wars: Team Doghouse
skpr ( :tux: 1)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/5at/5sp/arm=none/wep=orders/maxhp=100
kowalski ( :tux: 2)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/5df/3at/5sp/arm=none/wep=brain/maxhp=100
rico ( :tux: 3)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/7df/7at/5sp/arm=none/wep=mouth/maxhp=100
pvt ( :tux: 4)/elempow=linux/atktype=rang+mel/3df/1at/5sp/arm=none/wep=cuteness/maxhp=100
lighthouse64 ( :warning: )/elempow=sound/atktype=ranged/5df/8at/7sp/arm=none/wep=mic/maxhp=100

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #48by Eri7 » 12 Oct 2017, 8:37

The question is which one do we like better and not which one is better and for me I like more 38A than 2.0 for my own reasons.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Forested Gamer M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Forested Gamer M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #49by Forested Gamer » 18 May 2019, 13:40

I like 38A because it's does not look like a imterface from 2004 and the hidden features are cooler than most of the smbx2 features

Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor
Darkonius Mavakar M
Contributor
Contributor

Post #50by Darkonius Mavakar » 23 May 2019, 18:27

2.0 by a long shot because of how quick and customizable the editor itself is as well as having a ton of more stable features that are built upon the original engine, the MX3 build of smbx 2.0 already is an impressive upgrade from beta 3 in sheer content alone;
38a just feels off in every way possible, the physics are all wonky, the new items are jank, and so on and so forth, i just don't find it a polished and always improving experience like 2.0 is.

of course, this is just my opinion;

it's hard to compare something that's built upon the original engine with something inaccurate and made from scratch, kind of like a bootleg, imo
My latest SMBX episode
https://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1805

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website Youtube channel URL

Post #51by Lx Xzit » 24 May 2019, 0:17

I respect your opinion, but the way you say it bothers me a little. I will not discuss your affirmations (because as I said, it is your opinion and I respect it), but I will ask you to try to be more respectful and neutral with your opinion since it could've been better.

It's not the same saying
I don't like SMBX2 characters because I don't they don't fit into the game, are consistent with SMBX 1.3 old nor are faithful to their original characters.

than

SMBX2 characters are trash, they are so poorly made that doesn't even let you play in 2p, their inclusion in the basegame is silly and are that janky that breaks game. They are just a disappointing attempt to recreate their original characters.

(Please don't take my examples as my opinions since I don't think about SMBX2 characters that way)

Even through my second statement is a bit exagerated, my point is that it doesn't encourage a healthly conversation. It rather seems like I'm just throwing salt at it.

You may say I'm overreacting to it, but it gets my attention the way people generally speak about SMBX 1.4. It would be just better if people expressed themselves in a more neutral and respectful way.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #52by Wohlstand » 14 Jun 2019, 20:01

I think, it's time to finish this discussion. Mainly because it's a source of missinformation about both sides (SMBX-38A and SMBX-2) which isn't good especially for newbies. Mainly because people are telling their opinios which aren't showcasing actual overview and in most they are guessing.

Return to “General”